What's new

Everybody a breeder ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeWBush

Veteran
No Tom,they are called farmers.and they are far and few between seeing as it is still federally illegal just about everywhere.There is absolutely no curriculum in any university anywhere on the planet earth or in the entire stratosphere that is specific to cannabis breeding as a profession of recognition.botnay is botany horticulture is horticulture,etc etc,therefore I refuse to recognize the title professional breeder in reference to marijuana,it simply does not exist and that's the cold, hard, fact.So come down off your throne and leave your body alone,somebody must change.

Tom Hill

Veteran
lol there are no watermelon breeding curriculum either you dumbass. You tried to say you were being sarcastic earlier but it's running down your shirt now brother.... You really believe that cannabis is somehow special don't you, and that genetics are not genetics when it comes to cannabis. Really dude, the hippie theorem again? lmao.

GeorgeWBush

Veteran
well ya don't hear people calling themselves professional watermelon breeders either lol.or their comrades hacks and idiots.And you seem to care a awful lot about something that is not "special" which is the incorrect word by the way I believe you meant unique.And yes I do believe cannabis to be completely unique than any other species of plant.hippy theorem or not.Ya' know just like the fact you may understand science,that doesn't make you a good breeder or person or special or unique it makes you a guy that understands science and honestly what's it doing for you other than giving you a platform to be a bit Braggadocious especially considering 99 out of 100 growers would rather run ecsd (a accident ) than deep chunk.

purple_man

Veteran
hi g!

start reading books dealing with horticulture, and yey, you might discover most plants ain't the "same" even the ones belonging to the same family... so yeah, i hope the reality check/read applied to you over yander is not gonna make you start wasting even more of the bandwidth, do some homework, and chill aight?

blessss
ps.: go check potemkins village g.w. it might clear up some things for you, so next time you start grasping the difference between marketing n reality...

Tom Hill

Veteran
Well George you should really get out more, because there are tons of professional cucurbit breeders. They are in fact partly responsible for bringing cannabis into some of the more efficient realms regarding selection methods.

I do believe cannabis to be special, closer to strawberries than corn, but it is still genetics.

George I can not make you understand, that is on you bro.

purple_man

Veteran
cmon tom, stop teasing him, i don't want to read soon, a former icmag troll inflicted some self damage on himself just because of "cyber bullying" ;)

blessss

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well George you should really get out more, because there are tons of professional cucurbit breeders. They are in fact partly responsible for bringing cannabis into some of the more efficient realms regarding selection methods.

I do believe cannabis to be special, closer to strawberries than corn, but it is still genetics.

Cucurbit and cannabis :plant grow: :D

GeorgeWBush

Veteran

maybe you should blaze the trail and engineer the 1st cucurbis species try and get the structure of deep chuck with the yield of a cantaloupe.:laughing:

GreenintheThumb

fuck the ticket, bought the ride
Veteran
well ya don't hear people calling themselves professional watermelon breeders either lol.or their comrades hacks and idiots.

How the hell do you know? Have you ever talked to any watermelon breeders?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ultlW5gIbY4

"Plant breeding is really very much a science and technology driven crop improvement business. So you would need a full set of skills. Particularly genetics, statistics and whatever other tools...knowledge generated from bio-science."

Braggadocious especially considering 99 out of 100 growers would rather run ecsd (a accident ) than deep chunk.

Most the growers I know prefer the hybrid progeny of the two to either of the parents. What makes SDDC so great isn't a happy accident and using science to figure out why the hybrid is so much better is a valuable undertaking. Much more valuable that waiting for the next awesome happy accident to pop up and proliferate to everyone's gardens.

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
maybe you should blaze the trail and engineer the 1st cucurbis species try and get the structure of deep chuck with the yield of a cantaloupe.:laughing:

I´m pretty tired of your bs

Show some pics of your work or STFU

Last edited:
just a average grower, not a breeder

just a average grower, not a breeder

:whiteflag: GreenintheThumb, i was briefly in one of you're Chemera threds,
you're garden and all of the plants look amazeing !
i am courious weather you have a mix in you're flowering garden
or is it a mono crop SOG, i think it's amazeing
like my dream garden one day :ying:
my Q is of all you're plants how many are from Tom,Chemera,DJ ?
and how many seeds did it take to find you're keepers ? or was it the
foundation of you're breeding ? i just peeked in the thred
and what i seen was amazeing :respect:

castout

Veteran
Nope, not a breeder................

Nope, not a breeder................

If I get pollinated, I cringe, and I am a woman, and we are ripe for pollination, lol. I have the utmost respect for breeders of STABLE strains. As a grower, I have gotten some unstable seeds, and it really does suck. I am a grower, and STABILITY, is what I REQUIRE!!! My hat is off to all the breeders out there, that take years and years to develop a strain. That requires real patience, that I do not have. In saying that, I am a strain whore, and I never met a strain, that I wouldn't do.......BUT stable genetics make it that much sweeter, and stable genetics don't happen overnight. All you breeders that do what you do, KEEP IT STABLE, AND YOU ARE GUARANTEED A SALE!!!!! Much love, and stay HIGH, it's better than being lOw!!!!!

GreenintheThumb

fuck the ticket, bought the ride
Veteran
:whiteflag: GreenintheThumb, i was briefly in one of you're Chemera threds,
you're garden and all of the plants look amazeing !
i am courious weather you have a mix in you're flowering garden
or is it a mono crop SOG, i think it's amazeing
like my dream garden one day :ying:
my Q is of all you're plants how many are from Tom,Chemera,DJ ?
and how many seeds did it take to find you're keepers ? or was it the
foundation of you're breeding ? i just peeked in the thred
and what i seen was amazeing :respect:

Little off topic, maybe we should take this to pms?

I don't mono crop. I have over 40 strains going. A few are DJ's, my Flo is one of my favorites. I have nothing of Tom's that is a pure line. Several hybrids using his genetics tho. Just popped a bunch of Chimera gear and much more to come.

I generally pop at least 30 at a time to find a keeper or two.

Tables of my Flo cut

Last edited:

xmobotx

ecks moe baw teeks
ICMag Donor
Veteran
the question is: what makes for a healthy population though?

lets say I stumble upon a wild patch of cannabis somewhere in Asia, half a kilometer radius.

out of how many specimens do I need to collect seeds from to capture well enough said population; so that selective breeding can be done upon it without inbreeding it into oblivion due to lack of a healthy population?

what has been the criteria for collecting seeds out of batches in the past?

well; the analogy is to a landrace and no; not every strain of ditch weed is suitable for a breeding project ~hence candidate selection & progeny testing

cant say as i am qualified to answer the thrust of your inquiry though FTMP my posts in this thread should be read as questions

though i have wasted my time chasing a futile line

DamnUglyDogE

Learning the rules well,so as to break them effect
ICMag Donor
Veteran
picture.php

View image in gallery

----- :alien::ying::alien: -----

Status
Not open for further replies.