What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Euphoric weed

Nexus7

dont think thcv is what you have been led to believe..

Can you explain more?

From the smoke/vape reports I've seen about Doug's Varin (Thcv rich) they sound quite similar to my experience with euphoric weed in '01. It was also a quite short lasting high (~30min) which apparently is the case with thcv strains.

Also given that thcv has effectively been bred out of modern strains it may explain why I'm not finding it in any of the seeds I try from breeders.

Nexus7

If BB then I would give a look at Chimera's BB crosses.
Like his HM x BB, GF x BB or others.

My most euphoric experience since long time, has been with MM's 90sOHxTHH.
The most euphoric exerience I have ever seen in my life with weed, not only on me but on a lot of people, has been with a thai in mid 90s that was reddish/purpleish (probably from Positronics)

Not sure what THH male MM has used in his Thai crosses. If the same male then I would try one of his Thai x THH's.

I dediced to focus on some Colombian Gold lines for euphoric effects this season but if I have no luck finding it I will definitely try a Blueberry line along with a Strawberry Cough line and Thcv rich line next season.

Chimera's HM x BB definitely ticks a lot of boxes for euphoria. Has DJ's BB and a Highland Mex, both known for euphoria. So might have to check that one out.

I did notice Breeders Retail was just about to open up shop again ...

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran
sure. tom hill haze is some euphoric weed, thats nothing new. I maximized it with oaxacan79 genetics.. euphoria on top. mextasy(tom hill haze x oaxacan79bx):
picture.php

Rembetis

My wife are really enjoying Aces Lebanese. It may not be as strong as some people want but it is a clean Happy smoke for sure. It is one that has a permanent place in our grow now

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Another vote for blueberry. It's a bit of a cliche now, but for a reason. It's true. Blueberry is euphoric. I even notice it more often than not in hybrids of it. It's a trait that passes on down the line apparently. It's not generally a potent strain, but it's middle of the road, so pretty decent. I've had far weaker strains before. It's just a nice, comfortable, social, anxiety-free high.

Nexus7

Another vote for blueberry. It's a bit of a cliche now, but for a reason. It's true. Blueberry is euphoric. I even notice it more often than not in hybrids of it. It's a trait that passes on down the line apparently. It's not generally a potent strain, but it's middle of the road, so pretty decent. I've had far weaker strains before. It's just a nice, comfortable, social, anxiety-free high.

I might have to re-visit Glueberry OG (BBxGG4/OGK) again then ;)

She was a nice, enjoyable and comfortable smoke. More on the relaxing than motivational side for me however. Thought it had a clag (kids) glue aroma but maybe they were BB terps ... I'm not good at discerning aromas.

Didn't quite nail the grow and had to harvest early so could be more potential in this line.

picture.php

picture.php

Dr.King

Veteran
I would agree with most here. Ace has a lot of strains with Euphoric effects. Panama and OTH where my favorites. The Blue OG from G13 Labs taste just like blueberry. It was one of my very first strains during my first grow. I only was running 400 watts in a 4 x 4 and the temps where in the 90's sometimes. Still turned out tasty and much like blueberry.

OHzQoL8.jpg

BarknPunkin

Excellent Thread

Excellent Thread

We had some herb some time ago that I could only get through half a joint. It didn't have a name, just a good weed. Will be soaking some Malawi Gold soon(3 beans). Some autos also.

Gerardbutler79

Veteran
I'm on a similar quest nexus though it doesn't matter whether the effect is relaxed or uplifting euphoria and have gathered much in my vault:

TRC Congo
TRC Mango Thai
TRC Afghan 90
Escobars Blueberry Sativa
Cannabiogen Purple Mexican
Cannabiogen Red Snake
Ace Purple Haze Panama

From what I've gathered on here we should be on the lookout for a purple stemmed, green phenotype of DJ's Flo. Also Delicatessen Queen Mother and Greek Kalamata Red

Last edited:

Mimpi Manis

The euphoric aspects are what I consider to be what I'm looking for these days. I find my cured KA5 to be quite euphotic. Especially in the initial stages (of vaping). A mix with Panama kick things along quite nicely as well. These seem to be very complimentary in this regard.

It really is an extraordinary plant isn't it? It can deliver just so many attributes. Not only that, but curing can change the whole ball game on a strain as well. Sativas in particular in my experience. So many endless possibilities... so little time.

Gerardbutler79

Veteran
The euphoric aspects are what I consider to be what I'm looking for these days. I find my cured KA5 to be quite euphotic. Especially in the initial stages (of vaping). A mix with Panama kick things along quite nicely as well. These seem to be very complimentary in this regard.

It really is an extraordinary plant isn't it? It can deliver just so many attributes. Not only that, but curing can change the whole ball game on a strain as well. Sativas in particular in my experience. So many endless possibilities... so little time.

I agree about the time factor haha so threads like this can help narrow the time frame it takes to find a holy grail:yay:

Blueberry is great for a calm yet uplifting euphoria, many sativa strains can be euphoric but also a bit more edgy and 'jangly'.
Trying to re-create a buzz you got off some weed 20 years ago is a pretty tall order though !
The high you get from occasional smoking is very different from the high you get when smoking every day.
VG
Big facts, sometimes i wish i grew up in the 80's the weed wasn't so strong and it wasn't everywhere so it wasn't easy to be an everyday stoner unless u had the right connects or u grew,1 bowl is enough to get you zooted cause ur tolerance is low and the weed isn't crazy potent so its not a comedown that leaves you feeling retarded and exhausted. I imagine spicoli from fast times at ridgemount high, just blazing a bowl of some brown weed with no crystals, getting zooted, catching some waves, and then heading off to school, if I tried doing that with todays weed i'd be asleep by 4th period, and my brain shut off by 1st period lol

MAHA KALA

atomizing haze essence
Veteran

I agree, it is great plant :D I smoked some flo genetics now, it is nice slow building peaceful euphoria.
picture.php

from sativas which provide euphoria that is not edgy or racy, mango haze is good choice, not pure sativa though.

I got mango thai x oaxacan seeds from my bro Numide. that will be right euphoria for me, I guess :D :D :D

Bud_Man10

Veteran
Love to the Flo...Beauty flower...Brings back many fond memories for me, one of my favourite gals from the early 2000’s.

Mimpi Manis

You said:
I agree about the time factor haha so threads like this can help narrow the time frame it takes to find a holy grail.

Thats the hope. But those of us confined to outdoor (one run a year) and in countries where the powers that be are still mired in ignorance and oppressive justice systems, its just that much more difficult. Sadly.

Mimpi Manis

Maha Kala:
I agree, it is great plant I smoked some flo genetics now, it is nice slow building peaceful euphoria.

I had some Blue Dream BX to SSH (SBD) regs from New420Guy a while back. That was pretty good stuff. Big resiny hashy buds. So I can attest to the breeding chops of DJ with that one. Even if the SBD was watered down a tad from what you seem to be enjoying. Robust is how I'd describe my version.

This is one of the prettiest finishing plants I've grown. It had a real nice fruity aroma on the plant... and cured in the vape. Goodly amount of slow onset euphoria followed by some decent cerebral spark. Consider this one more an evening strain. Pretty much a sativa guy, but am beginning to appreciate some of the more amenable indica attributes now I'm no longer the young buck. But definitely admire the efforts of many in these forums to preserve some of those great landraces and rarer sativa strains. Would do it myself but for the many restrictions and limitations in my neck of the woods. (Have kept my old strain going for around 40 years. While not super potent now, I consider it an excellent breeding tool). Access to all those good genetics has also made me appreciate the many attributes of all these now available strains. Not having a dozen to choose from at hand feels like deprivation nowadays.

Iive watched and experienced the ignorance, myth making and injustice surrounding this plant continue for 50 years. It still mightily pisses me off. Honestly, it was easier being a stoner in the 70's in many ways than it is now. Have gone backwards in my part of the world (Oz). I now wonder we'll see meaningful change in my lifetime here? Keep a low profile and do the thang is about it. Ain't about to ditch something I regard as a positive influence in my life anytime soon. As Billy Connolly would say: 'Fuck 'em'!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/album.php?albumid=82707&pictureid=2041057

Montuno

...como el Son...
(...)
Also if anyone knows which terps or cannbinoid profiles are responsible for euphoric effects? Or is euphoric effect just a case of low potency weedm set and setting?

I found this post by Motuno which may help:

"About its type and quality of psychoactivity, comment before to describe it I use the usual terminology in Spain, which classifies the different types of sativa effects such as:
1- Lysergic or "trippy".
2- Electrical or energetical or exciting or caffeine or speedy or anphetaminic.
3- Euphoric or positives.
4- Introspective or creative or cerebral.
5- Indica's tendencias."
(...)

No es por falta de potencia que una hierba sea euforica. "Eufórica" hace referencia al "tipo y calidad" de un efecto, mientras que la potencia es equivalente a "cantidad" de efecto.
Por ejemplo y siguiendo la sencilla tabla que citas (que no es más que una clasificación "de andar por casa"), una hierba del tipo (3) poco potente, no sera más que " alegre", pero una potente sera realmente "eufórica" y "motivante". O con la (2), una poco potente será " activante", pero sin llegar a ser eléctrica"...

Saludos a tod@s.

It is not for lack of power that a grass is euphoric. "Euphoric" refers to the "type and quality" of an effect, while power is equivalent to "quantity" of effect.
For example and following the simple table you quote (which is just a "walking around" classification), an herb of type (3) not very potent, will be no more than "happy", but a potent will be really "euphoric" and "motivating". Or with (2), a little potent will be "activating", but without becoming "electric"...

Greetings to all.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

lLucky

Chocolate Thai is a pretty good one

'Blueberry Silver Haze' still remains the trippiest high I've had from weed though, it was like the intense high of Haze combined with the anti-anxiety calmness of the blueberry, perfect