What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Euphoric, happy, feel good, oldschool, positive nostalgia inducing strains

Tranquilidade

Can anyone recommend some strains with oldschool extra euphoric, happy, feel good type of high that sparks positive nostalgia with the best memories you had throughout your life. I personally had this feeling like 15 years ago, but a week ago I sampled S.A.G.E. and this perfectly fits the bill. This S.A.G.E. goes straight to my holy grail TOP 3. I've also heard that RSC Afgaan 90, and Matanuska ThunderFuck has similar effects. Anything else?

S.A.G.E.
sage.jpg

Tranquilidade

Was Afghaan 90 euphoric? Yes C99 was also on the similar lists I've found. If I recall correctly, the early cheese and blueberry varieties had a similar vibe. Would love to see more contributions to this thread.

exoticrobotic

I sampled S.A.G.E. and this perfectly fits the bill. This S.A.G.E. goes straight to my holy grail TOP 3.

Maybe you had a great sample or you're a lightweight :rasta::ROFLMAO:

haha jk

I grew TH seeds sage fems.

I wouldn't describe it as particularly old school or particularly euphoric. One of the phenos had some euphoria to it.

On reflection the rest i found to be a bit down and somewhat depressive... An ok smoke, better than street weed but no keepers. I find it hard to say bad things about people's stuff but i wouldn't buy sage again.

That was their fem seeds. Maybe their reg offerings are better and contain the original bshw.

Jake's Romulan i found to be euphoric, old school and quality, Also Posi haze via Tom hash.

The nostalgia or deja vu i find in thh purple haze, and old kali mist - they both make me lie down giving me cevs.

Nice thread

:rasta::love:

exoticrobotic

Other standout euphoric strains :-

Some Mexican from surfers in Zipolite - Pine smell, red thistle look to small buds along stem. Very powerful psychadelic smoke. Purple and black geometric diamonds appearing in the shadows and uncontrollable laughter. Only lasted 45 minutes.

Apollo 11 or 13 (cant remember)- Clear pure up smoke with permagrin laughter and euphoria.

*GROWHIGH*

Veteran
It's pretty ironic ..but also pretty obvious, the best modern day strains that produce old school highs

are strains that are mostly untainted, strains that in essence haven't changed much, or at all since the old school

anything more than 1/4 indica stay clear imo .. altho they do show up in hybrids (like i myself found one in dutch passions outlaw) mango haze is another hybrid that produces old school highs

haze
Thai
nevs haze
Laos
Indian
Burmese
Vietnamese

we are basically at the end of the road in terms of having access to unhybridized sativa cannabis ....they are disappearing in their countries of origin ....anyone that grows recently available landraces will attest....the only pure strains available are often lines collected decades ago but kept alive and pure through open pollination

Brother Nature

Was Afghaan 90 euphoric? Yes C99 was also on the similar lists I've found. If I recall correctly, the early cheese and blueberry varieties had a similar vibe. Would love to see more contributions to this thread.
Yeah I found the longer flowering pheno to be quite euphoric with a nice physical component. She was longer flowering (10 weeks) with a totally different bud structure than the other pheno, a pain to trim, but also a great hash plant.

RobFromTX

Yeah I found the longer flowering pheno to be quite euphoric with a nice physical component. She was longer flowering (10 weeks) with a totally different bud structure than the other pheno, a pain to trim, but also a great hash plant.

I saw those grows, a job well done. Would you say that C99 from Whish was pretty close to the original?

Brother Nature

I got them from Kwik Seeds, I think they may have been the same stock as the Whish though.. I never had the original, but I found 1 good female in the 12 pack I got, but 2 very good males. The female was good, but not great, a nice hybrid, but not as sativa leaning as what I hear the original is. But, I made some seeds from the 2 males I kept and that female and after some searching I found a very nice plant that grows slow and kinda funky in veg, but produces some very nice euphoric smoke. Have heard some great things about the peak seeds Lost Tribe has made, am currently about to flower 2 female seeds I got from another member here, will be nice to compare.