What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Ethiopia x Malawi

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hola @Pepé The Grower :wave: a pleasure to meet your Ethiopian x Malawi selection finishing! Really touching she is still with you after a few years. Did you select her from regular or feminized seeds ? She does indeed has the resins, huge ovaries and yield of the Malawi, glad the Ethiopian shines in the terp department. How is her effect ?

All the best with your F2 selections @Naturalgazda !

Pepé The Grower

ICMag Donor
Veteran
She comes from à regular pack, and i have made no seeds yet, didn´t look for a male so far. Maybe in the future, but for now im happy with her that way. I still have some seeds , so there may be mort to be found in some time.

And i dont plan to ditch that clone, she´s just so potent.

I dont find her as enrgetic or positive as the pure ethiopian, but she´s very potent. Casual smokers do think its like herbal coke. But me just find the Malawi side talent too much place in the high. Making it more potent but less clean to be honest. She misses the best from the ethiopian for me,although it´s very good.

FletchF.Fletch

420club
image.jpeg

They did not like the potting mix they were started in, so they were carefully unpotted, rinsed of soil, then put into a 70/30 Coco/Perlite mix. Much happier now. These are from the Standard/Regular seeds.

ilovegrowing

couple of month ago i germed 2 malawi/ethiopan. 1 was male, i kept the pollen, and one was female and is around 60/70 days 11/13.
its not that resinous yet, but it is getting stronger. smellwise it reminds me more of the malawi, but also very subtle. time will tell :)

malawiXethiopia2.jpg

Naturalgazda

Hello. They started flowering 9-10 weeks after planting the seeds. The picture shows all Ethiopia/Malawi only females. I have three phenotypes there.
The germination rate of the seeds is basically 100%. I'm already preparing another round.

It is not possible to publish the attachment hm. 🙂

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
She comes from à regular pack, and i have made no seeds yet, didn´t look for a male so far. Maybe in the future, but for now im happy with her that way. I still have some seeds , so there may be mort to be found in some time.

And i dont plan to ditch that clone, she´s just so potent.

I dont find her as enrgetic or positive as the pure ethiopian, but she´s very potent. Casual smokers do think its like herbal coke. But me just find the Malawi side talent too much place in the high. Making it more potent but less clean to be honest. She misses the best from the ethiopian for me,although it´s very good.
can't be that bad if you still keep a clone hehehe glad to hear that. And i know what you mean about the most pristine-clear-non ceiling effects of best pure Ethiopians :) Probably our old Zamaldelica (most tropical expressions) x Ethiopia R+D hybrid from a few years ago and current Mauritius x Ethiopia limited edition are the most suitable sativa hybrids we have released with Ethiopian genetics and for those type of sativa effects.

PlasmaTube

Thanks @PlasmaTube . I've been feeding with Mega Crop 9-7-14 mixed 1/2 teaspoon per gallon. My well water has an EC of 0.3 out of the tap. With the 1/2 teaspoon mixed in the EC is 1.2-1.3.
I grow with my own soil mix, and like seeing different ways to skin the cat. Not a salt buy, but like a good looking plant. Have a KA5H and some Malawi's in soil, will pop E x M soon enough and see how she does in living soil. Thanks for the info, man!

FletchF.Fletch

420club
I grow with my own soil mix, and like seeing different ways to skin the cat. Not a salt buy, but like a good looking plant. Have a KA5H and some Malawi's in soil, will pop E x M soon enough and see how she does in living soil. Thanks for the info, man!

Right on man! I'm one of those All of the Above growers. Currently running Barney's Afghan Kush and ACE's Bubba Hash in living organic soil. Learning Coco with salts, and always have something in Rockwool.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
yep, Ethiopian leaning plants don't show much resin production on the leaves, yet nicely coated bracts when finished. Curious also about your opinion on the different ACE strains you are ripening @ilovegrowing your support and feedback are much appreciated.