What's new

Equivalent LED for Gavita 1000w DE?

NucleoSynthesis

I’ve been using the gavitas for many many years now but more and more I see the top growers switching over to LED fixtures.

I currently run 2 x 1000w DE gavitas with a Lumatek 315cmh during flower.

I was looking to start by swapping one of my gavita units out for a comparable unit and doing a somewhat unscientific side by side to see if I’m down for the change!

Looking for recommendations to fill a 5x5 area, I regularly pull almost 2.4/2.5 LB per Fixture with my current set up, and wouldn’t want to sacrifice much on yield however I’m willing to take a slight hit if the quality will be substantially better with the more complete spectrum the LED provide.

Secondly if I was to swap to full LED and ditch the HPS are people having to add supplemental heating to achieve optimal VPD range or do the high power led units pump out similar heat to a HPS DE? As I live in a pretty cold climate.

Am I also correct in thinking there should be some electricity savings to be had with the LED over the HPS? I’ve heard the PPFD/W on the LEDs way outperforms the HPS but is that all marketing bs or does it actually equate to energy savings lol?

If there’s anything else I should be considering please let me know too as it’s safe to say I’m fairly stuck in my ways with the HPS but willing to learn so I’m all ears!

Cheers guys, Nucleo 🌌

NucleoSynthesis

Also have a pic of some U.K. grown Apple n Banana from Compound Genetics I finished up later October for my last run 😛
6335D690-5340-4CE5-B565-F91DD439480A.jpeg

NucleoSynthesis

Gavita CT 1930e.

According to Gavita..
I was ideally looking to try a marshydro fixture as I’ve been recommended by a handful of my grower buddies, the gavita seems pricey and I’ve no doubt it’s great but for a test I don’t think I can justify dropping that kinda cheddar just yet 😜 cheapest I can find is almost £2k per unit :(

NucleoSynthesis

Oh right missed that it was in the Mars Hydro forum sorry.

Specs on the FC ("not E") 6500 seem the closest? No experience.
All good bro easily done haha, hopefully somebody who’s used one might see this and let me know how it performed , thanks though dude 😎👏🏻

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
i was growing in a 4x3.5ft tent with '2' 315cmh's with philip bulbs for about 5grows- always thought it was not enough lite -

this grow have a 5x5ft tent, and bought the mars fce8000 - i'm 25days into 12/12, n the buds , to me, appear to be smaller... we will see at the end... i'm running the light at 75pct ... i'll post some pics once they get to a decent size

goingrey

GET MO is testing out the FC6500

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
Thanks for stopping by here. friend. there are a few light options to replace 1000W HPS.

FC-8000(Samsung chip), 800W and can cover 5x5ft

FCE-8000(Bridgelux chip), 800W and can cover 5x5ft

If you want samsung chip light, fc-8000 is a suitable choice. if you would like to control the lamp investment, fce-8000 is a suitable choice.

If you want real 1000W LED, check our our FCE-1000W.

Latest posts

Latest posts