What's new

Envirolights

Bud_lovin_dub

Hello one and all..i'm looking for any information anyone has on envirolights...information gained from experience. I've read everything on the net and purchased a few for my new stealth grow space..moved again this time for good out to the midlands!! anywho i got one 200watter in my cabinet which i thought would be fine and i'm finding my plants stretching and only got 3 blades. there onto there fifth internode so i would of expected to start seeing five blades..i've been growing this stain (sensi skunk) for a few years now under HPS but due to the heat in cabinet had to go with these envirolights, anyone got a crop out of these yet and what should i expect yield wise...I have 600w of the red spectrum for flower

Lofty

Hi bud lovin, i hav a canopy with 4 x 200 envirolites for veging, just did som bogbubble in there a got som really good short internode spacing, i put it down to the hood that has great reflective effect , i also put 4 boards covered with maylar on each side to giv side lite. first time i've done it and i'm impressed, imo u've got to get side liting by reflectors. hope this helps. :wave:

medazza

enviro's

enviro's

howya's.

I havent used em for flowering. but i ended up using a 200w enviro for veging 5 skunk specials. no reflector. just hanging between em. Have to say it did a great job. considering i hadnt a clue what i was up to.

i ended up vegging for 9 weeks ( till i got my ebb and flow system going properly ) and the one envirolite managed to get all five to about 30 plus inches. even though it was a red spectrum one. well impressed.

They should be finished flowering in couple of weeks( 400 hps) so i'll see how the final product is. so far so good though.

feck all heat from the enviro as well, handy for the closet/ veg room.

Marachuan abú!

m

G

i've used evl's in the past @ 95w, and 125w in both spectrums...the biggest downside to them (to me, i realize some setups it may be useful) is the shape with seemingly wasting a lot of light to the top and sides if mounted horizontally...if you're wanting to go with flourescent bulbs i HIGHLY recommend looking into T5's as they continually outperform anything i've seen from evls...good luck :)

Blazed_Out

I use a 125w Envirolite for veg in my cab and it does well.
I have flowered with a single 125w red spec bulb before in a 4 plant SOG to experiment and I've noticed that lower budsites do not receive much light (below 8-12") due to the weak light intensity. Resin content is good and the yields are somewhat small, I didn't weigh the outcome but I'd say more or less an ounce from the 4 plants maybe more if I were growing an indica or indica dominant hybrid.

600w of Envirolites may do you good. Not sure if you would get the same yield as from an HPS but I guess you could get close, especially when you can place the lights closer to the plants.

THC4SIM

Hia Guys,

My only concern is, flowering under the envirolites??, i got 2 of them lights you speak about Lofty, hows it going mate...
the vegging is going very nice under 4 x 200w, nice close node spacing, to flower im thinking of using 8 of the red spectrum 200w envirolites which comes out 1600w, or would i be better off using my trusty 600w sodium, anyone who has any info about flowering with these lights would be really helpfull.....

niceOne Guys!

THC4SIM

brookie

hello all

I've been using the 100-125 watters for 4 years now in both veg and flower. They will never yield like a hid but you can grow some decent buds with them. I use 200 watts in a roughly .5m x .66m space. I get solid nugs but its a very small personal grow. I use one 2700k and one 5000k.

Lofty

hey thc4sim wat u upto? the envirolites do veg very well, good short interniod spacing and quicking growing than i thought. i'm not confident enough to flower using them yet i'm too used to my 2 x 600hid cool tubes.

i've just started another project under the floorboards and i'm using 8 x 125 red envirolites so i'll hav som data in a couple of months. i'm posting the pics of it now, look at "growing under my floorboards" in micro grows.

Bud_lovin_dub

Thanks lads..still not seeing much life out of mine though but as i can't go with sodium and can't afford new lights after splashing out on these i'll just have to muster on

I'm four and half weeks into my flowering period with my NL's and though i have never used anything else other then envirolights, as this is my first grow, i think they are pretty good. HPS and HID are better on the gram per watt scale but they eat through electricity and they are pretty hot. Envirolites suit me cos of my small closet grow. Here are a few pics of my grow with these.

This is a pic of my biggest of the two.It grew well and the lights gave a decent internode space.
PICT0110.JPG

Because of enviroligts lower penetration it really helps to add supplemetary lighting at the bottom to get thos hard to reach places.
PICT0184.JPG

Here is a close up pic of a bud that shows that these ight can produce decent buds with a nice amount of crystals

PICT0205.JPG

Hope this helps put your mind at ease. I'd say if your plants are stretching maybe lower the light a bit more, with these lights you can hang the about an inch away without burning, but make sure to raise it regularly cos on a few occasions i woke up to find a part of plant burnt due to a growth spurt.

cobo

Have a look at my first 2 grows with Enviros

1st Grow

Yea they work a treat only as said ABOVE before lower buds do not get the penatration they need , i found tieing them down with garden ties helped alot , well its only way to do it or a scrog wud be good , but i found that the buds are a little loose and fluffy and i am upgrading to 600w digital for next grow , but i will use enviro to Veg them first .

And here is my 2nd ... this is 1 fms c99 , which im smoking right now :joint:

I chopped her this morning, Very HAPPY with the yield, don’t know the weight of it, I’ve no scales, but comparing it to last grow, she’s a beauty . I didn’t chop her all , there was buds lower down that needed a bit more time , I will keep it with the trim to make Hash with later on.

This is all the BUD after i trimmed her

And here she is hanging up to dry

And here's the TRIM from her , hash hash hash :joint:

And here's trim from last grow , i froze it before letting it dry out , but it's drying now , when it is dry i'll freeze it again for hash making . :joint:

This is what im thinking to upgrade too

CONCLUSION

I have nothing but praise for Enviro( I use Eco Light read my grow for reason why) , the fact is u will hardly notice ur enery consumption with them , u can get them cm's from tips with no burning , great for babies/clones too .

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts