What's new

Entry-level CO2 Extraction

oneshot

Picture of some oil I collected yesterday. This is the cannabinoids and terpene collections combined. I spun out all the CO2 from the cannabinoids first before adding the terps back in. It seemed to help keep the flavor better.

K7qis4M.jpg

EDIT: Winterized batch of Green Ribbon
wsODubi.jpg

We are hiring. [email protected] send a resume and cover letter if you're interested in relocating to Rochester, WA. Cost of living is stupid low.

I would have to move from MA :)

Last edited:
Picture of some oil I collected yesterday. This is the cannabinoids and terpene collections combined. I spun out all the CO2 from the cannabinoids first before adding the terps back in. It seemed to help keep the flavor better.

View Image

EDIT: Winterized batch of Green Ribbon
View Image

I would have to move from MA :)

Just out of curiosity did you add the terps in before you winterized? Or are these photos of two separate oil slicks..

oneshot

Just out of curiosity did you add the terps in before you winterized? Or are these photos of two separate oil slicks..

2 separate. The Green Ribbon was fully winterized with ethanol and put through rotovap.

Top one is straight out of the vessels after they were cooled in mason jars. The picture is just of the cannabinoid fraction though. I added the terps in later once the cannabinoids were at temp and spun of co2

pluckfoo

We are running the Eden Labs 5L 2k HI-Flo SFE, haven't quite got the hang of fractioning yet so we're waiting to use our new fractioning cups and pulling with the old ones. I'm not fond of the Oil Slick pads, not because of the solvent issue but because when you're working with hundreds of grams at a time they're just impractical for long term use. We throw them out when they show any signs of degradation, but I'd prefer a stable pyrex or PTFE solution that isn't even more aggravating to work with.

Have you guys tried the fractionation cups yet? on IG I see thincpure using them as well. I haven't asked Eden Labs the cost of them as yet and I also see they have a new X2 version.
We were looking at an Apeks unit but decided to go with Eden Labs and will be in Seattle early December for training. Will hit up some dispensaries to try the vape cartridges you guys are making. Being following Chris's FB and you're IG page, love the lab setup.

Have you guys tried the fractionation cups yet? on IG I see thincpure using them as well. I haven't asked Eden Labs the cost of them as yet and I also see they have a new X2 version.
We were looking at an Apeks unit but decided to go with Eden Labs and will be in Seattle early December for training. Will hit up some dispensaries to try the vape cartridges you guys are making. Being following Chris's FB and you're IG page, love the lab setup.

We have, our Lab Supervisor is not a fan of them so we are not using them at the moment but we intend to integrate them in the future. I'm not sure if my NDA prevents me from telling you how much they cost, but it was a lot. A lot. o.o

Latest posts

Latest posts