What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Entries - 2005 Photo Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutchgrown

----
Veteran
Here you will find pics of all entries prior to them being broken down into the judge samples. Between Gypsy and I, we tried to get good photos of each, so some of the pics I took the night before and some are from the next day when Gypsy arrived to give us a hand.

More pics coming........to be continued!

trichomefarmer

re-loading
Veteran
constructive critism

constructive critism

lookin' good, but they tasted even better.

Though I think I should offer my trimming services.
I'm seeing to many leaves that should be going into bubblebags. :chin:

less leaf, more trichomes..

a large amount of consideration is given how the buds look, for most judges this is far easier to quantify. especially since most are smoking much more than they usually would.
trimming buds that are entered in a competition is much more important than most entrants(from all the various cannabis cups around the world) realize.

appearance ie. bag appeal is easily judged. imho there should be NO leaves visible.
many serious cannabis tasters will remove them anyway, leaves on your buds will only lower your scores. as you can see by the very tight results,every point can count. :eek:
If you are serious about winning, utmost care needs to be taken when trimming. cause presentation points are the easiest to gain, but also the easiest to lose.
:wink: ps. those little leaves closest to the bud make the best bubble.

G

I'm with you on that one TF, its always to much leaf on the bud if you can see any imo. I mean when you buy bud, your trying to get the flowers of the plant, not its leaves. And I must say the Love Potion looks very delectable.

Bramski

Yea man the love potion rocked, it smells so damn good, you could rub it on your ladys neck and it would be hard to leave her alone after it, it really is a love potion :D

Some really nice shots there DG, keep em comin' :)

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah trimming may well have been the downfall of a few killer samples, i for one am a trimming obsessive neverless they were delicous and seeing the pics confirms to me the strains of some of my favourites.

G

I was the hardest on flavor - smoothness - potency quality = first looks can be decieving - I also used Jubie's microscope to help judge the TChome devolopment - where IMHO tells the prelude to the story

What a Show! thanks DG & Crew :wave:

G

HOG and TF, I second that!

As a Judge I dedicated myself to examining every aspect of what I was smoking, from the looks of the bud all the way through the aftertaste it left in my mouth through to the duration, quality and intensity of the high.

Though most of the entries were first rate, I was appalled at a few of the entries in the Growers categories (both, Indica and Sativa). They were so poorly flushed, dried and or/cured that I was able to take just one toke before I had to mark them low on the scorecard, notwithstanding the first rate genetics. That's a crying shame if you ask me. You can grow out the finest genetics available, get the most beautiful buds on the face of this earth, but if its not well flushed, properly dried and slow cured to perfection your weed will be worth less than the poorest of mexican schwag beasters.

B

baccas125

yes

yes

I agree Blue some of the entries where very poor! Nezxt year they will just have to flush and cure a little better!

zeppelindood

Captain Expando
Veteran
extreamly well stated....

extreamly well stated....

xxbluevelvetxx said:
...I had to mark them low on the scorecard, notwithstanding the first rate genetics. That's a crying shame if you ask me. You can grow out the finest genetics available, get the most beautiful buds on the face of this earth, but if its not well flushed, properly dried and slow cured to perfection your weed will be worth less...

For the lady....

peAce...

GreatLakes THC

an Arthur P. Jacobs production
Veteran
Thank you DG...

Thank you DG...

Some very lovely entries. Thankyou DG for the hard work bringing these photo's in for us. I see what you mean about the manicuring of the bud's guys. The difference between Soma's bud and some of the others is a stark contrast. There might not be a difference in the potency of the bud, but the overall effect is much higher with a bud that's as enjoyable to look at as it is to smoke.

GreatLakes THC :canabis:

Status
Not open for further replies.