What's new

Emergency Breakdown: A Retrospective

icred

There is a a lot of good ideas in this thread. I just want to outline the ones that I try to live by and throw in a few more:

1. Treat each grow as your first.
- Cleanup completely from the last one. Bring everything into the middle of the room and just put back the stuff you need to do the next one in an organized fashion. What's left over in the middle is typically junk that needs to be thrown out or given away. Throw away anything old, broken, or of no value.
-Take out the garbage weekly just like dad taught you ;-)

2. Treat each bust as your first. ;-)
Have a plan written down and walk through it to see if it a) works and b) to get timelines and c) to PRACTICE IT!
2a. MJ (bud, leaves, roots, etc) goes out first in 10min or less in green garbage bags to a spot.
-- grinding and flushing only works for those not on a septic field...
2b. Cleanup. How long?, What order?, Do you have sufficient cleaners, bleach? Is your shop vac and vacuum cleaner in good working order with extra bags. Now take your next trip out with all the rest of the organic evidence now and those vacuum cleaner bags too.
- Your plan should get the organics, residues, pipes, and other evidence out of the house in 1hr upto 4hrs.
2c Tear-down. How long?, What order? storage bins for the good stuff. Who stores it for you and do you have their contact info?
2d. Computer, Phone and paper cleanup: Remove any IE, Firefox, Safari cookies and cache, delete phone logs, contact info and pictures. shred&burn and receipts, pot propaganda and use those damm matches below;-). Burn your plan as you do have a copy up at ICMag along with all your pictures anyways right ;-)
2e. Get your story together and with your significant other(s) and work.
2f. Now build around that plan various contingencies such as a) date/time, b) grow cycle, c) reasons for warrant, d) weather and e) just because shit happens.

3. Don't tell, don't smell and don't sell.
- Don't smoke and grow at the same time. It's just not an efficient use of either time.
- Keep a low profile and normalize your lifestyle. Keep the pink floyd / grateful dead t-shirts for the out of state concerts. Yeah, I know it's boring but boring is safe.
- There are just two ways you are going to get caught. By your own actions and mistakes or 99% more likely by the actions of another. You can control your own actions but never another's. The cigarette lighter story above tweaked a memory and made me write this posting. Long ago and when I was younger I had brought some head shop matches to a party and gave them to my friends to impress them, so my mistake was hubris. By the end of the night I overheard people discussing my: grow op, grow shop, OC connections, etc. That was just for some matches! So my point is that one rumor can wreck your carefully built rep in a single evening.
- Vetting new friends. Gak! That why we have ICMag..... Seriously, once you place a friend on one site or another of the herb do not ever attempt to change that. Those that smoke do and those that don't do not. Don't try "turning on" anybody younger than 25 as you also just exposed yourself to all their non-smoking BFFs in Twitter, Facebook, etc..
- Don't sell (or give it away). That's why I only ever have <1oz ever and use those damm rolling papers... I always make someone else rollit up too as I'm not "good" at that.

4. Keep things separate
- I used to have 1 main bin for: drugs, pipes, hard(er) drugs and CASH!. Think about how that looks if popo-puppy finds that! Can you say Dealer? I knew you could.... So now I keep things separate by need. A "day" box for 1oz/papers. I only have one pipe and I keep a bag of tobacco with that one. The rest goes spread about into separate bins/boxes about the property. I used to have a pipe made from plumbing fittings which I need to go back to.
- Cash is now separate from any drugs in a "paperwork" safe like any yuppie.
- No guns where you grow. Mine stay out in the gun safe at the cabin. The steel baseball bats in the closets is another matter.

5. What's next?
- If I was facing a warrant in 24hrs all that I care about is my safety and my seeds. So just enough seeds are kept in each box for the next grows but most seeds are kept way off-site with no relationship to me or another person. These locations are only visited to add all extra seeds only once a year.
- Pick a lawyer based upon their experience in this area not costs.
- Finally, review your plan every month and especially after any changes (family, finances, operations, technical) or before/during/after every new grow.

ICred

Lone Wolf

Veteran
i like how you think AK, and others who have posted here.. my whole grow op is built with the thought in mind "how quickly and easily can I have all of this shit down?" ..... the room I built was built with styrofoam walls (easily broken down), and panda film (also easily broken down).... I grow A LOT of plants at once, so if I were ever in a quick tear down situation, I would be spending most of my time breaking down the plants... that commercial food disposal idea is a good one... I have a food disposal now, but I highly doubt that it could handle some thick stems...

also, another thing that I try to avoid is putting any noticeable holes into any walls or ceilings.. if you look at my grow, I avoid holes at any cost...

I have grown and tore down in many places, so I know of the importance of making it easy on yourself when it comes time to packing up shop