What's new

Elizabeth Perkins quits 'Weeds'

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
Fans of the pot-smoking Showtime series 'Weeds' will have to get along without one of the two divas that make the show tick. Elizabeth Perkins has left the show, and will be starring in a film while also developing her own comedy-show vehicle.

Perkins is ending her five-year run on the Showtime series, for which she has earned three Emmy nominations for supporting actress in a comedy series as well as two Golden Globe nominations.

Tim Hill, who directed the live-action/animation hybrid "Alvin and the Chipmunks," is at the helm of "I Hop," a tale of an out-of-work slacker (James Marsden) who accidentally injures the son of the Easter Bunny (voiced by Russell Brand) and must take him in as he recovers.

"I Hop" will be her first movie since 2005's "Must Love Dogs." Perkins also is developing a comedy series as a starring vehicle for herself.

From Reuters.

FoCo(No.Co)

Barned
Veteran
She is the worst character on the show anyway, good riddance, I was getting sick of them desperately finding a way to include her in the story.

Norkali

She is the worst character on the show anyway, good riddance, I was getting sick of them desperately finding a way to include her in the story.

Yes!

:thank you: Elizabeth Perkins! Don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out! I fucking hated Celia.

That South American adventure shit was pretty much Celia's jumping of the shark anyway...
Karma dictates her projects will bomb while Weeds plays out on it's success to the end.

2Lazy

I agree with the first post, and most definitely disagree with the second. She sucks. Buh-Bye!

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Not Elizebeth Perkins,,, how dare she (who is she?),, is this business news? if so whose business?

peace out all

El Diablo

Big fan of the show. liked her character in the beginning but overall it's better with out her. didn't like her in season 4. were i left off waiting for season 5 to come out on DVD so i can watch (no cable)

SmokeTrees

"Hey bud, lets party!"
Veteran
ya she was definitely my least favorite character on the show... Glad to see her gone

<~Hades~>

What celia was the perfect, pill popping drunk SAn diego suburbs yuppie house wife,or even newport !!!

a good 50% or more of cali is filled with celias and celias in training

Centrum

In search of Genetics
Veteran
It got corny and ununteresting when they left california in my opinion.
About the same time they stopped playing the different version of little boxes at the beginning of each episode.

They also stop focusing on the growing, selling weed main theme and started with boring cartel, mafia, mexican hit goofy boring same old same old, who cares stuff.

She could have sat on her ass ate brownies and grown with conrad or even bought from Heylia and that could been the same episode over and over with just different lines and i would have kept watching it.

There is a little Celia Hodes in everyone, she had so many flaws you could pick and choose which one you might have shared with her and that is what made her stick.

Dropping her and bringing on more uninteresting lame casts whom most of us will not connect with is just gonna drag the shown down even further.

I Havent watched it since nancy got pregnant.
Maybe things changed, but i didnt like where it was heading and that was enough for me to lose interest.

Elizebeth Perkins Was the First booty Josh Baskins ( *Tom Hanks* ) Got in the movie Big :)

Have fun

Last edited:

AOD2012

I have the key, now i need to find the lock..
Veteran
norkali you are so right.when shane hit that biznatch upside the head with the croquet mallet was so great. did not see that coming.

TexasToker

yay...she was entertaining at the beginning, but now...annoying. I am glad she is gone...

Someone should put spoiler alert on here for those that have not seen all over the series...I hate when I learn shit from not watching...

Latest posts

Latest posts