What's new

Electricity

trixP

What needs to be in the wall

What can I get away with a power bar
I assume less is more on the bar also…. Any specs I wana be looking at ???

Reason I’m thinking of setting up a second tent and outlets become limited with 2 even 3 with a clone spot ……

Thanks

trixP

Obviously my lights directly I’d assume all my vents and controllers I would half half on 2 controllers on separate outlets, the electric box here is a old school style one I’m gona do some research to see what kinda power runs trough here

Ca++

It seems you have 120v, and just 15 amps per circuit. Something like 1500w per fuse at the board. It doesn't seem you have enough power to bother a bar style extension lead. Your real issue might be how many outlets that 15 amp circuit supplies. In some countries each outlet gets it's own wire back to the board, where it has it's own fuse. In other countries, outlets are connected like a daisy chain, so perhaps a couple of bedrooms are wired together, and back to a 15 amps fuse at the board. The problem here, is when you are taking about 1000w, and someone plugs in a vacuum cleaner that also wants 1000w. Pop. No power. No lights, no filter.

We get 230v 30a here. 6900w per circuit. You might find your cooker is served by a 40amp and has an outlet. Or you may have a drier point, that gives you 20 amps. What you are looking for, is alternate places to plug in that vacuum, if you do max out your 1500w bedroom? circuit.