What's new

Electrician needed

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Glad you're looking, Tilt. I was in a hurry to get out the door!

Stress_test

I'm always here when I'm not someplace else
Veteran
"Safe to use"?
I would seriously suggest that you put breakers in the top slots.
The lugs are hot and any accidental contact with them will result in curly hair.

You actually should have run a 4th wire from the ground bus on the right, back to the main panels ground bus AND a wire from the sub panels ground bus to a ground stake.
Most states would require 2 ground stakes 6' apart and a solid ground wire clamped to both and then to the ground bus in the panel.

ALSO
that copper hooked looking gadget that is screwed to the back of the case...
That is called a "bonding lug"...
Loosen the screw and rotate it sideways so that it will line up and slide into one of the holes on the neutral bar and tighten both screws.

I looked at the magnified pic and see that you have no anti-oxidant on any of the wires supplying the panel. It will cost you about 75 cents for a tube of it at the hardware store.

Tilt

"Safe to use"?
I would seriously suggest that you put breakers in the top slots.
The lugs are hot and any accidental contact with them will result in curly hair.

[not if the panel cover has the ko seals in place to cover them.]

You actually should have run a 4th wire from the ground bus on the right, back to the main panels ground bus AND a wire from the sub panels ground bus to a ground stake.

[nope transformers need a separate ground Sub panels do not.]

Most states would require 2 ground stakes 6' apart and a solid ground wire clamped to both and then to the ground bus in the panel.

[The household ground at the feeding panel is sufficient.]

ALSO that copper hooked looking gadget that is screwed to the back of the case...
That is called a "bonding lug"...
Loosen the screw and rotate it sideways so that it will line up and slide into one of the holes on the neutral bar and tighten both screws.

[dont do this You should not bond the nuetral bus bar in a sub panel. The ground and nuetral is only bonded at the point of service]

I looked at the magnified pic and see that you have no anti-oxidant on any of the wires supplying the panel. It will cost you about 75 cents for a tube of it at the hardware store.

This is totally correct.
The rest is bad info for your application