What's new

Electric supply to a 30x48 Semi-gable

petert

I've got a twin 20 amp and a 30 amp breaker available at a pedistal about 75 feet from my greenhouse.

I know I won't ever be running an electric furnace if I decide to grow year round, but I plan on supplemental lighting at a minimum and fans.

Given what I have available, what would you guys run out to the greenhouse and should I put a breaker box in the greenhouse too?

I've got a twin 20 amp and a 30 amp breaker available at a pedistal about 75 feet from my greenhouse.

I know I won't ever be running an electric furnace if I decide to grow year round, but I plan on supplemental lighting at a minimum and fans.

Given what I have available, what would you guys run out to the greenhouse and should I put a breaker box in the greenhouse too?
YES, install a proper sub panel with a dedicated earth ground connecting to a 6ft ground rod. 75 feet is a long run, so think about low gauge (thick) aluminum service drop cable and bury it. It is cheaper than copper wire. Be sure your panel contacts are for copper and aluminum connections.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
^pretty much what he said. bury the main line and install a sub panel. its awesome you can split up the various things you will be running. for example some things like fans and exhaust go on one 20amp, and lights or heavier stuff is on the 30amp.