What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

El Dorado - The Hunt for Green Gold

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Hi Kalyx, my lord you did a monster amount of work there! I have done my share of masonry and work like that in my day, and can appreciate the burden of ever shovel full and bucket carried. :respect:

Will follow along and drool over your plants!

Best vibes!

Kalyx

@who dat is - LMAO come down the rabbit hole..

@SourDank - Thanks brother glad to have you aboard. So in regards to dropping the Moontang, it was somewhat purposeful and somewhat a mistake. I had 3 phenos and just too many plants overall, I needed to open up some space. I had recently taken in some new cuts and was preparing to pop more seeds, not to mention 7 different ladies from seed yet to be flowered out. Initially I had planned to drop the #2 and #3 phenos and keep the #1 but I messed up. Flowered out my last #1 and thought I had a cut from her but I had mixed up the cuts with the #3.

#3 was a really good plant, great flavor, great potency but she was the worst yielding and most finicky of the 3. I decided to just go ahead and drop her, I really miss the #1 now and wish I still had her. She didn't have the bag appeal or frost of the others but she was insanely potent and had some amazing terps (after cure) the biggest yielder, best smoke and pheno overall. On the plus side I have another pack and made some f2's to play around with in the future.

@Lester Beans - Thanks man I really appreciate the kind words and glad to have you along for the ride.

@Critter - Thank ya!

Update 12/8 - Rockin and Rolling

A Couple Weeks Ago
picture.php

picture.php

The first cycle is progressing along excellently and just hit the 9 week mark since the first plants went into flower. A couple weeks ago I was able to turn on the second light a 600w, with plans to have the second 1000w fired up in a few weeks. Looking forward to harvesting the first round of plants in coming weeks and watching the next round of ladies grow up. Temperatures had been perfect running averages of 66f off 74f on, with a low of 64f and high of 67f. After firing up the second light the high temps with lights on jumped up to 82f with an avg of 80f, by no means a bad jump. I kicked up the power in my intake fan since and that has dropped the temps back down into the mid 70's with lights on.

Of course with turning on a second light there were some new ladies to go down the rabbit hole and bask in its glow. There were 6 new ladies to go into bloom, these girls were a little larger than the previous ladies to go into flower. It wasn't intentional but rather laziness and a busy schedule but these plants hadn't received any foliar sprays for about 4 weeks. The previous round of girls to go in had been getting a weekly foliar spray up until flower and they barely had any stretch. This new batch that was cut off from the foliar have been stretching like I would typically anticipate which leads me to believe my theory was correct.

The New Girls On Stage

-Elmer's Glue
-Headbanger #4
-Purpetrator #3
-I-95
-Girl Scout Cookies (forum)
-Karma's Og #1

Last Week
picture.php

So Far, so good with the new round of seeds, a mutant, a couple slow pokes and then some babies have just been exploding. The picture below was take a few days ago over the weekend and they just keep growing and growing, already time to move them under a larger light. I did start with 18 seeds and as you see pictured there are only 16 babies. I had 2 Karmarado Og that still haven't popped up, I have kept them around in hopes they will get started. This picture was take exactly a week after all the seeds were dropped in water, so pretty impressed with their growth in that short time span.

To replace the seeds that didn't sprout, I grabbed a few more from the stash to replace them. Initially I was going to replace them with the more of the same strain but I couldn't resist something else. Those seeds will remain a mystery for now though, I am thinking about getting a few more on top of those mystery seeds started in a week or so. I have a handful of options to choose from for those, so I will probably post up the list and get some feedback on what to start.

The Next Generation
picture.php

Harvest Time Is Coming

For the most part the first round of plants to come down are the second runs of plants, minus the Karma Og, GG#4 and first run of Purpetrator #4. So far so good, I have been very pleased with how the girls are coming, all of the plants look better and happier than they did the first run. The Purpetrator #3 looks almost like an entirely different plant, than before and is showing some beautiful colors. The I-95 are looking more swollen and have fatter buds, they are showing a great fade and some amazing colors that weren't displayed last round. The previous run with these plants I wasn't able to get a proper fade, but all of them are fading nicely this round, I attribute the colors to that, lower temps and having the plants more dialed in than before.

PURPetrator #3

picture.php

Update continues on the next post.

Kalyx

Update Continued 12/8 - Rockin and Rollin

PURPetrator #3

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Update continues on the next post.

Kalyx

Update Continued 12/8 - Rockin and Rollin

I-95

picture.php

picture.php

Headbanger #5

I need to go get some more pictures of this beauty, she is really looking and smelling impressive this round. There are a lot of other ladies I need to get pictures of, there is some serious fiyah brewing right now.

picture.php

picture.php

More updates coming soon.

Bmac1

Veteran
Great update. Things are really coming along nicely. That I-95 looks greasy, wow. Well done Kalyx.

Kalyx

Thanks for all the support everyone, times have been busy and its taken a lot longer to get to this update than I wanted.

Things have continued to move forward and while I still have some minor finishing and touch up work to do in El Dorado, the environment has been better than I could have expected. There is a lot going on and a lot to talk about but this will be an update of pictures for the most part. For the next update I will discuss a lot more on current testing, projects, plans. Testing out some smart pots as well as different soil mixes in side by sides, always looking to improve but more on that later.

Right now is an especially busy time with all the girls, running new cuts, finishing multiple clone runs and deciding which girls to keep and let go. Then there is a whole new round of seed plants getting ready to be flowered out as the hunt for green gold continues. Sometimes it can be tough letting go of certain ladies but its always nice to welcome new ones to the harem, only the best get to stay.

I-95

The 2 clones for the second run both came out great, much happier than the original run from seed. I did harvest both of them at different times to try and find the best harvest window for this girl. The first one was harvested at 65 days and second harvested at 77 days. The 77 day flowers were more swollen than the 65 but seems she really only needs 70-75 to ripen up properly. In love with this girl some seriously intense and complex flavors and knockout potency.

I-95 - 65 Day

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Kalyx

I-95 - 77 Day

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Headbanger

Clone run of the Headbanger #5 came out great, she showed some nice color that she didnt display my first run with her. I really like this girl, easy to grow and keep happy, fairly stable and sturdy frame that stays compact taking up little floor space. She put out nice dense and chunky flowers that just have an amazing tongue coating flavor, sour, sour, sour.

Im currently flowering out the mutant runt Headbanger #4 and she is looking great. Very similar to the #4 but the nose on her is much stronger and more even more sour than the #5. She should be finishing up in the next week or two, pictures and more to come on her soon.

Headbanger #5 - 77 Day

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts