What's new

effing HOGS!

Kalicokitty

The cat that loves cannabis
Veteran
Didn't realize that was meant as a joke Kalico, so I offer an apology.

On the subject of hunting, I unashamedly enjoy that wholesome outdoor activity, especially since I do eat every last morsel of anything I bring home. Matter of fact, I harvested a nice brace of duck just this morning, with the help of a Russel Terrier who just loves to swim and retrieve, and we will both be enjoying duck stew for dinner later on today. To anyone who may find this offensive, it might help to remember that the only difference between a hunter and any other non-vegetarian is the degree of removal from the actual killing.

I grew up in the country, where hunting remains as a natural a pursuit as is going to the supermarket for city folks, yet, like you, I love animals, and grew up with dogs from as far back as I have memories.

I sure hope Stratmandu won't misconstrue these few words as being anything other than politely informative. By the way, there is no sweeter sound on earth than a Fender Strat in full cry.
Great response, thank you, I don't disagree with anything you've just said, I don't hunt myself, but my family does, and I don't fault anyone who is using what they kill.
You're right about most non vegetarians are just letting others do their killing for them.

I put the winkeye thing by my first post, so I thought people would know it was meant as a joke, so when I saw your first response, I thought, this guy knows I'm joking and is still going off on me anyway?

I misunderstood where you were coming from, and would like to apologize myself.

Strat, that Widow looks great!!
Don't let the hogs get it!

S

stratmandu

It would take Hogzilla to kill that widow, she is the best (and last) of a 10 pack of <ducking> GHS fem seeds. Super vigorous, tough to kill, and (hopefully) a good stone. I know this is pollen-chucking of the basest sort, but I am a firm believer in acclimatized F1s for yield and vigor, and was hoping to hit her with some pollen from the most vigorous male out of a small Rez genetics grow I have going: some CSD, SSDHxG13 (OJD), and Ganesh SD F2s, and test out a bunch of the results next spring. Then the damn deer ravaged these late-start babies; I'll be lucky if any survive. If I get a male the WW mom will be too far along to pollinate unless I just do one branch and cut everything else off, maybe. I'm trying to acclimatize something strong and suitable for this tough climate.

Edit to say I've never cloned before, and keeping a live plant at home is an issue right now.

microgram

You needed to haul a good 100 pounds of chicken wire into your crop. Either that or an electric fence. The later seems to always be the trickiest.

S

stratmandu

Too risky for fence; gotta be as stealthy as possible. They give you a year per plant is this uptight state! Cultivation is considered the same a trafficking and is a felony. No fences.

I've learned that starting in the spring and getting the plants big before the late summer droughts is critical. Late starts in July, August? No effing way.

S

stratmandu

update:

update:

I replanted 3 seeds left in the pack after hogs ate the first plants, and here they are. I'm thinking another 2-3 weeks and they will be ripe. I pollinated a few buds a couple weeks ago with some OJD CSSG pollen I gathered from another spot, for next year. Free seeds, what a concept! They are fattening up nice in this cool dry sunny weather, and the forecast is more of the same for the next 10 days at least. Woot! I hit them with their last feed of EJ and molasses; from now on its plain river water. As some of y'all know I am dipping my toes back in the water growing after a long hiatus (15 years +), and have had to re-think everything and read my ass off. I am really pumped to see (and SMELL - OMG, sweet pissy onions, really?) my modest results, and can't wait for next year. I have to be very cool as this is a felony state; but I want to try and grow a few Humboltlocal-sized monsters. A noble goal.
icm1.JPG

icm2.JPG

icm3.JPG

icm4.JPG

icm5.JPG

icm6.JPG