What's new

Edro meets S.A.D

there goes edro

Veteran

Just thought I'd share some pics from the beginning of my first experience with Sweet Seeds. Pics are of my 3 S.A.D babies that broke ground yesterday. Also would like to thank Tommy G for getting these genetics out to the masses! Due to people reporting a lot probs with the original breeder of Black Dominia I thought I would never get a chance to have her in my garden. I'll update weekly so you guys can follow my progress. Any comments or constructive criticism is always appreciated.

jaypp

Vendor
Veteran
Hey my friend, thanks for startin this thread here in the Sweet Seeds subforum.
This S.A.D are lookin great and hope you enjoy growing them.
They are very nice strains ;)
good luck, i 'll keep passing by!
Jaypp

there goes edro

Veteran
Thanks for the kind words Jaypp! I wanted to share in this subforum because I like the vibe here. Look forward to your input so stop thru snytime!!!

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Fine indica it is, feel sure you will enjoy them. Strong but mellow high. Tastes good too.

there goes edro

Veteran
Fine indica it is, feel sure you will enjoy them. Strong but mellow high. Tastes good too.

Thanks Yesum! Some of your input on this strain played a part in why I started S.A.D instead of the Sour Bubble I was originally next in line. Appreciate you chimin' in!

Tommy G

:|Sweet Seeds®|:
Vendor
Veteran
Hi there, there goes edro :)

Very nice my friend, I'm happy to see you sharing this with us.

Hope you get good results from your 3 SAD babies :tiphat:

All the best, I'll be around to check it once in a while. Sweet smokes!!

:thank you:

tommy

there goes edro

Veteran
Thanks for stopping by Tommy G! There progressing along nicely. Expected variation from S1 seeds but so far they are uniform. Will put up pics sometime this weekend.

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Nice to know my friend.

I'll be around to check it out, sweet smokes!

tommy

there goes edro

Veteran
after 1 week

after 1 week

Its been a week since the SAD broke ground, and they appear happy and healthy! As you can see they are uniform in structure.
I want them to finish at about 30-36in so if some one could chime in and let me know how big to veg them to achieve the fore mentioned height that would be great!
Oh yeah! A little about the set up. They are in a small closet about 22inch deep 40inch wide and maybe 8 ft tall. Got a 400w ballast connected to a cool hood with 6 inch duct blowing into a can 33. The ballast is turned down to 250w though to avoid heat issues. Running MH bulb during veg period. Hopefully during flowering the temps should be chilly by then then I can turn up to 400w and finish flowering under the HPS bulb. Hung a couple of comp fans on each side of the closet for additional air circulation. Will be using soil as a medium and PureBlend Pro Nutes veg and flowering formulas. So far so good!!! Be back next weekend to throw up more pics IC!!!!

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Yes my friend, all looking good and levelled so far ;)

Keep up the good work.

See you next week, sweet smokes :peppermintstick:

tommy

NotaProfessor

Expected variation from S1 seeds but so far they are uniform.

Hi there, Edro!
I grew out 4 SAD and they were very uniform. Nice performers and good relaxing smoke. I think you'll enjoy the results.

If you haven't looked already, you can check my SAD grow thread in my sig.

Good luck!

there goes edro

Veteran
Hi there, Edro!
I grew out 4 SAD and they were very uniform. Nice performers and good relaxing smoke. I think you'll enjoy the results.

If you haven't looked already, you can check my SAD grow thread in my sig.

Good luck!

Thanks for the info! Looks like you had a bountiful harvest! Hope you enjoyed@

there goes edro

Veteran
Had to go away for a couple of days. Unfortunately things have taken a turn for the worst. I came home to find my plants heat stressed serverely. My SAD#2 was fried to a crisp!! You gotta love it!! Had a power outage and the fan did not come back on so temps were 110f + in my little closet. They are trying to recover slowly. More nodes are coming but the plants aren't getting bigger. I dont want to waste these fine genetics and scrap them so I hope they bounce back. I'll throw up some pics I took a little while ago later. Im also almost finished rebuilding my cab I normally grow in so tomorrow everyone is getting relocated to a better environment. First time I tried the closet thing. So now I'm left with 2 SADs, 1 Bubba, 1 Nightmare Kush, 1 Peyote Purp, and 2 Lemon Kushes that haven't come up yet. Keeping it SWEET so I'm focusing on the SADs for this thread.

there goes edro

Veteran

First pic is SAD#3, second is SAD#1, Third is a group shot of everything, last is the cab I've been rebuilding the my plants. Any advice on how to get these babies flourishing again?

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Hi edro!

Sorry to know about the accident you had. But they are not looking that bad and I think they will recover soon. Just give them all they like (no excessive water and no ferts at all) and they will recover little by little.

If they were autos you would not have time to recover them, but like this you have plenty of time so be patient because you've just lost maybe 1 or 2 weeks of time. Oh, and 1 plant also, unfortunatelly.

Keep us updated. Sweet smokes!! :tiphat:

tommy

there goes edro

Veteran
Thanks for the kind words Tommy! Yeah I'm trying to nurse em back to health.
You're right Tommy I probably did loose a week or two. Im naturally a very impatient person but this hobby is helping teach me patience, not a bad thing. When they pull through and finish strong it will make partaking in the finshed product more enjoyable. Ill keep you updated.

there goes edro

Veteran
Quick update

Quick update

Just wanted to let everyone know that my SAD seedlings are much happier in the cab and are recovering slowly but surely. Remember mistakes and mishaps are unavoidable, but the lessons learned from them are invaluable!! Enjoy your weekends IC!

jaypp

Vendor
Veteran
nice one mate!
she is lookin green and very healthy now. Enjoy your weekend too :tiphat:
Good luck and sweet smokes, my friend.
Jaypp ;)

Tommy G

Vendor
Veteran
Hi edro! :biggrin:

I'm very happy to know that they are recovering well. Or I should say it better... they recovered, because now they are just normal vigorous plants and as long as you don't forget about them again they have everything to have a happy (not so) long life and producing nice flowers.

Keep us updated. Sweet smokes!! :tiphat:

tommy

there goes edro

Veteran
The Saga Continues

The Saga Continues

Its a slow recovery, but I'm pretty sure they will pull through. #1 has been transplanted but #3 is still in the 16oz cup. Within the last two days growth has improved. #3 has very tightly packed nodes, #1 a more spaced nodes with some purple in the branches. They were begging for food so last week they got their first fose of Pure Blend veg at 7ml/ gal. Ill keep y'all updated.

Latest posts

Latest posts