What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Edibles calculator?

sublingual

Usually I use decarbed distillate from the dispensary. I get syringes for about $11 out the door of 87-92% THC. Baby syringes of 100 mg which is supposed to be 10 (weak) doses. I always incorporate it into peanut butter or bread or both. Maybe this is why I can't taste it, well, I can taste it some, but it's not terrible.
I have to heat oil in a small glass in the microwave briefly to soak the syringes. Sometimes I have to microwave the syringes to get the stuff to come out. Anyway, I always use a bit more oil to incorporate the product; and lecithin. Works well.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
A cannabis burp is when you burp and taste that horrible canna flavor. I hate the taste of edibles. And, since my dose is about 400mg or more, it needs to be real, real strong. and, that makes the taste real, real strong.

I make regular edibles for friends and those don't cause cannabis burps. However, straight rosin in a capsule in doses of 400mg or more will definitely give me a canna burp or two during the ride.

goingrey

A cannabis burp is when you burp and taste that horrible canna flavor. I hate the taste of edibles. And, since my dose is about 400mg or more, it needs to be real, real strong. and, that makes the taste real, real strong.

I make regular edibles for friends and those don't cause cannabis burps. However, straight rosin in a capsule in doses of 400mg or more will definitely give me a canna burp or two during the ride.
Horrible canna flavor? What on earth are you talking about..

My main method of administration nowadays is some kind of decoction/suspension. Just bud in hot water for however long patience allows. Sometimes, I suspect when the patience has been limited, I get canna farts, I kid you not. Surely an improvement for anyone unlucky enough to be in the presence.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Try doing that for a 400 or 500 mg dose. It's a totally different game than doing small dose. I can't taste small dose edibles, either. However, for example, I would need to eat 50 or 60 regular gummies to get my dose. Can you say... ketosis attack. LOL

Just like most things in over-quantity...... next time you make red sauce, use a whole bucket of garlic instead of a few shakes. Or, next time you make popcorn, use an entire container of salt. I love salt and garlic but in those quantities, it's going to taste like shit to most anyone. As do the high dose pot edibles in those quantities.

One shoe does not fit all.

sublingual

Try doing that for a 400 or 500 mg dose. It's a totally different game than doing small dose. I can't taste small dose edibles, either. However, for example, I would need to eat 50 or 60 regular gummies to get my dose. Can you say... ketosis attack. LOL

Just like most things in over-quantity...... next time you make red sauce, use a whole bucket of garlic instead of a few shakes. Or, next time you make popcorn, use an entire container of salt. I love salt and garlic but in those quantities, it's going to taste like shit to most anyone. As do the high dose pot edibles in those quantities.

you're doing about 5-6 times what I need daily.
Didn't you used to have 'not forgetting the lecithin' in a sig. line or something?
I would like to learn about you work flow and techniques if you want to share. Do you have a thread on your procedures?
Trying to get back into making my own instead of the store's. While it's a great price ($90 for 8 syringes), to get that deal I have to drive 90 miles to Denver's north side; and that is the maximum limit for a day per person. If I could get that deal down the street from me, I would consider stopping growing; that, and if the producers sell only uncontaminated product.
I plan on either dry sifting or dry ice sifting and incorporating it in olive oil for later cooking. My decarb process is oil heated to 240 in saucepan, add the concentrate heating .5 hour then straining out the solids. Can I improve the process?
On some days I vape to try different plants but will still do an edible. It is hard for me to go without medicating by edible.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
Pretty much every experiment I have done is posted here on ICMag. And yeah, I am a fan of lecithin. Both as an emulsifier and as a bioavailability agent.

I mostly use rosin for edibles now. It's just too easy compared to making oil or butter or whatever. I mix the decarbed rosin with some coconut oil and lecithin and put it in caps. I made some real gummies last week but the rosin taste was overwhelming.

I did decarb a few grams of dry sift today. I am going to try some edible experiments with that.

Chuck Jägerschnitzel

Can anyone think of a reason not to eat bud, rather than mixed in an oil?
Only one, if you're diluting decarbed hash oil in small amounts of ethanol then you get a quicker kick in than eating decarbed bud.
I've tried edibles just about every way and eating ground, decarbed bud is my preferred method, half a teaspoon seems to be a good dose. I decarb it in a small jar in a 270ºF oven for 20 minutes if its fairly fresh and less time for older flower. If you use too large of a jar then the center of it doesn't get heated as much as the edges. I tried all sorts of tricks with oils & butter, but they don't seem to have any benefit over just eating it straight. If you mix the ground, decarbed bud with some dried mint leaves and a little salt then you can pack it between your cheek and gums for a while which is kind of enjoyable, but don't forget to swallow it eventually.

Chi13

ICMag Donor
@ Chuck. The last couple of days I have just been eating decarbed buds, and only 0.3 to 0.5 gram and been amazed how good this is. I had a strong nevils haze x today and just wow. Seems a better way of retaining the original high, than infused with oil. I'm sold on this method so far. Simple and effective.

I've just mixed in with a spoon of fat, peanut butter, olive oil and hummus so far. Will try mint.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Add a bunch of weed. Test by eating. If you can't handle it. Divide recipe in half. Try again. Repeat until satisfied with results.

sublingual

Yeah, ground bud still retains efficacy after soaking in oil and straining; so, any decarbed ground bud unstrained will be potent.
I decided to use the ground bud one time after straining knowing I didn't get it all. Put it waffle batter (more dough than batter) and wah-lah they were great. Maybe a little more bitter than ones made without it.

Chuck Jägerschnitzel

@ Chuck. The last couple of days I have just been eating decarbed buds, and only 0.3 to 0.5 gram and been amazed how good this is. I had a strong nevils haze x today and just wow. Seems a better way of retaining the original high, than infused with oil. I'm sold on this method so far. Simple and effective.

I've just mixed in with a spoon of fat, peanut butter, olive oil and hummus so far. Will try mint.
That mint & salt technique is an old fashioned way of chewing tobacco

Gry

Veteran
extract in the morning, extract, in afternoon, extract in the evening and getting ready for some extract tonight.
Must be some way to add mushooms to the mix.

early_bird

Veteran
@ Chuck. The last couple of days I have just been eating decarbed buds, and only 0.3 to 0.5 gram and been amazed how good this is.
I´m new to this, at what temperature do you preheat do decarb it :) ?

Decarbing the bud in a vaporizer at low temps should be a option i assume, so you could bring it quite exactly and repeatable to a certain temp.

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor

With those doses you are probably not going to die of cancer.

Don't forget butter as a solvent for the oils. The problem with butter though is the calories from the stuff that you make with it.

Latest posts

Latest posts