What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Edibles are simply the way

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I read on Granny Stormcrow's site that fish oil is supposed to be good for your EC system. I take some when I remember to take vitimins.

Last edited:

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
LOL, this is the butter I use (unsalted). Looks like edibles are coming on strong!

https://www.zerohedge.com/personal-...22-q3-consumers-cooking-home-spur-butter-boon

Edit: I read this comment, and went to the fridge to look, Damn if they sure enough didn't get rid of the indian woman. Bastards. I use a lot of butter, and am changing brands.

Your graphic needs updating.

They got rid of the Indian and kept her land.

Look at a box next time you are in a store.

The butter company participated in a genocidal Indian holocaust!

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
My recipe is save all scraps that do not make it into joints and whatever random extracts I do not scrape off pans. Until I have approximately enough to fill a crockpot. Then add a few jars of coconut butter. 2 if I feel it might be a weak batch, as many as 4 if it has a lot of extracts or I expect it too be more potent. Top off with enough water to submerge all the weed. Keep on low with lid off or loose for at least 5 hours. Strain, squeeze and freeze. After frozen separate weird dirty water and butter. Occasionally I will melt again and add more water and repeat freeze. If it seems at all cruddy.

Every batch is a surprise effect because of the variety of strains that wind up in it. And I usually start by testing about a half teaspoon. Sometimes that is about right for an edible you can feel good about sharing with others. Sometimes it's enough to literally feel like I ate an eighth of mushrooms.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Do you mean VOCO? I have a case of that stuff from when I thought it would help stop a chronic cough (it didn't). Hard to just heat and eat. I would like to find a use for it.

I am gonna go back out on my limb and postulate that oils are oils. It doesn't matter what strain they came from. The portions and ratios will change, but not the compounds. The differences is the terpenes. I vape off the terpenes for the most part, and leave the oils on the ground material.

My ABV is comprised of many different strains, cause I like variety for tolerance reasons, and I keep several different strains around. All the ABV gets dumped into the same container. One reason I want some good organic "Hemp" is to get more CBD into the ABV pile. I injest my oils edibly in cookies and CBD tincture, because my lungs do not like the sticky oils. With that base coat of active oils in my blood, I can vape terps off individual strains to get the effects tailored. I wonder if different terps may be the key to entering some parts of the brain, and unlocking effects not otherwise available?

That is the only way I can see there being a difference between the trippiest sativa and the heaviest indica. But WDIK? I do know my lungs feel great.

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
Never had weed put me in a k hole.

If it has happened to you I would love to know what strain or strains achieved such a goal.

nobody said anything about a k-hole. there is a large range of experience between slightly dissociated and hole dosages.

it's kinda like someone going "this is some trippy weed" and you go "i've never broken through to elfspice hyperspace on weeeed, bro"

i, too, have experienced some level of dissociation on strong cannabis experiences, especially edibles.

'Boogieman'

At first I never got an effect from edibles. Then one year I grew a bunch outdoors and decided to give the decarb trick a try. I decarbed all my sugar leaf trim (at least a couple ounces of sugar leaf) and threw it in a large pot with water and about a cup of coconut oil then put it in the fridge overnight. The next day I ate about half of it mixing it with spiced potatoes and whatever else could to mask the nasty taste. If anyone here thinks you can't get high on edibles give this a shot. I was walking around like I was drunk, fading in and out of concencious on the couch, and everyone talking on the TV sounded like the teacher on Charlie Brown. I'm pretty sure I threw up a few times it's the most intoxicated I ever got from weed. I definitely understand where people are coming from with the next day hangover effect, it made me take a break from weed for a few days until I could fully recover.

St. Phatty

Healthy fats are 'essential' meaning we must eat them as our bodies do not produce them.

Healthy fats are brain food :)
Trichomes = oil and lipids :chin:

Healthy fats help distribute vitamins.

I think that was part of the success of that Vietnamese man I was talking about, his diet. Eating 30+ frogs a day. Lots of organ meat and fats there.

I suppose frog bones might be a form of roughage ?

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
At first I never got an effect from edibles. Then one year I grew a bunch outdoors and decided to give the decarb trick a try. I decarbed all my sugar leaf trim (at least a couple ounces of sugar leaf) and threw it in a large pot with water and about a cup of coconut oil then put it in the fridge overnight. The next day I ate about half of it mixing it with spiced potatoes and whatever else could to mask the nasty taste. If anyone here thinks you can't get high on edibles give this a shot. I was walking around like I was drunk, fading in and out of concencious on the couch, and everyone talking on the TV sounded like the teacher on Charlie Brown. I'm pretty sure I threw up a few times it's the most intoxicated I ever got from weed. I definitely understand where people are coming from with the next day hangover effect, it made me take a break from weed for a few days until I could fully recover.
:smokey:

that's the stuff lol

a trip like that once a year puts shit in perspective, imo.

next time, to get rid of the taste, filter everything while it's hot (make sure there's a lot more water than coconut oil)

let it solidify slowly (couple hours, or overnight in the fridge without disturbing it) in a jar without shoulders, or a tapered vessel (like a beer glass, so the puck don't git stuck), grab the coconut oil puck and toss the water.

repeat until the coconut oil has no green and no crappy cooked- weed smell, enjoy in a recipe of your choosing.

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
at the risk of blowing this thread up with my over- caffeinated foolery
Edibles changed my life, no joke. For treating sleep disorders I'll take that over any method.

ever try adding a tincture with CBN in it? i've had broad spectrum ones with CBD (90% or so of the cannabinoid content), CBC, CBG, and CBN in it, i've had one with (mostly) THC plus some CBN, and i've had one with 50/50 CBN to CBD...

best one was the 50/50 cause that's a lotta frigging CBN. you really only need prolly 5mg at most of CBN, if you mix it with a thc laden indica heavy edible... it's seriously lights out. for like 8 hours of refreshing deep and undisturbed cozy sleep. bonus points with small amounts of the other cannabinoids.

tolerance builds fast, the only prollum with CBN...

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen

ever try adding a tincture with CBN in it? i've had broad spectrum ones with CBD (90% or so of the cannabinoid content), CBC, CBG, and CBN in it, i've had one with (mostly) THC plus some CBN, and i've had one with 50/50 CBN to CBD...

best one was the 50/50 cause that's a lotta frigging CBN. you really only need prolly 5mg at most of CBN, if you mix it with a thc laden indica heavy edible... it's seriously lights out. for like 8 hours of refreshing deep and undisturbed cozy sleep. bonus points with small amounts of the other cannabinoids.

I made a mostly CBN oil once and what I learned is that CBN alone isn't the answer. It's important (at least for me) to have full spectrum with CBN included, but CBN in higher doses is actually counter effective and makes me feel sick.

Sunshineinabag

Let's start a thc/cbd coffee shop in Burlington VT brother:party::party:

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I must be missing the boat on CBN ... I’ve always found that feeling unpleasant But I can see how physically it could be useful

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
For nerve damage it's a fuken godsend

Funny you should say that because that would be right up my alley & Currently using 1600 mg of gabapentin at night for relief from severe nerve pain shoulder down to my hand due to a vexing injury...I also dab quite a bit of wax for what it’s worth