What's new

ecsd...

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I had read that the ECSD produces sterile pollen as well. I didn't believe it myself so I went ahead and reversed her and slapped the pollen on my sour bubble. The ECSD was fully reversed, sprayed for like 6 weeks total, she never had a single hair just giant male flowers. She produced a ton of pollen and I pollenated the sour bubble female about 5 different times over the course of 4 weeks or so. I got 1 single seed out the female, but I almost gurantee it came from the deathstar that I reversed along with the ecsd. The sour bubble female that took the reversed deathstars pollen gave me a few hundred seeds which are viable and in flower now.

From my reading and experience the ECSD does not put out viable pollen. Not saying yours didn't just my 2 cents.

Cabron

Veteran
femmed F1 you say? :)

yeah a femmed F1

as in two different lines,strains etc crossed for an F1
with feminised pollen as the donor it is therefore a
femmed F1 or if you wanna split hairs a feminised F1

common knowledge, or at least I thought so ????

Sorry guys ,,I've made plenty of femmed beans and sent them out to people with the ecsd as the pollen donor

some noted tests were Old Sog's Super Silver Haze cut ,The Chem D cut and Jackie O #3, Schrom ,GDP, Bubba Kush pre 98 and yes an ECSD cut as well..

These have all been grown out by myself and others ,except the GDP cuz I hate that piece of shit cut ..

Also did 40 oz's Purple wreck pheno as well ...

all seeds were Viable and no problems.. bar some hermies as you may expect due to the ecsd

I've done this with my Colloidal silver application as well as STS

not sure why some have problems ,but it doesn't mean that it's some impossible feat by any means....

There's plenty of ECSD S1's out there by people who have done it ,,,doc Greenthumbz is one that comes to mind besides myself.

and My cut is The Real deal .....

Cabron

Veteran
Here's old pics I posted years ago when I did this feminized run initially

they are even on this site somewhere ,,probably this very thread ..

These are the Old Sog Super silver Haze cut , The Jackie O #3
x ECSD femmed F1's ....

various Phenos ...

Attachments

• IMG_5141-1.jpg
    IMG_5141-1.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_5145-1.jpg
    IMG_5145-1.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_5166.jpg
    IMG_5166.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 15
  • OSDH.jpg
    OSDH.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_5151-1.jpg
    IMG_5151-1.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 16

Cabron

Veteran
I don't suppose ya see any ECSD influence in there do ya ???

nahhhh didn't think so ...

just rubbin it in a bit guys ....

Peace

I'm the "dude" that created Colloidal silver for reversals ,,,,,
I guess ya could say I'm a bit proficient with it's process
and application....coaxing possibly even rumored to be
impossible strains to reverse such as the ECSD cut ...

all my best

Cabron

Veteran
Here's some of the first ecsd S1 testers I grew out after doing this reversal years ago .

these are shitty pics ....but this is what ya get with true ecsd S1 progeny

and yes they threw nanners ,,,kinda put me off and prevented me from testing anymore until recently ..

Now I've found some solid phenos that I'm liking alot so I'm going to move forward and create a few lots of various crosses to Mosca's OTM line ...

I feel he has done some outstanding work lately and that line just fits with this one perfectly for some truly top shelf varieties...

Attachments

• ecsd2.jpg
    ecsd2.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_5091-1.jpg
    IMG_5091-1.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_5095-1.jpg
    IMG_5095-1.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 25

nerd4life

I don't understand that concept though, why would ecsd pollen unviable. Isn't it natural for male pollen to be viable? someone explain.

NE_GROWER_978

Veteran
looking good in here guys! got a ecsd cut in flower right now (week 1) and super stoked on it. Stretching like a mofo! Heres a few pics.

X3r1R.jpg

vVRly.jpg

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
yeah a femmed F1

as in two different lines,strains etc crossed for an F1
with feminised pollen as the donor it is therefore a
femmed F1 or if you wanna split hairs a feminised F1

common knowledge, or at least I thought so ????

Sorry guys ,,I've made plenty of femmed beans and sent them out to people with the ecsd as the pollen donor

some noted tests were Old Sog's Super Silver Haze cut ,The Chem D cut and Jackie O #3, Schrom ,GDP, Bubba Kush pre 98 and yes an ECSD cut as well..

These have all been grown out by myself and others ,except the GDP cuz I hate that piece of shit cut ..

Also did 40 oz's Purple wreck pheno as well ...

all seeds were Viable and no problems.. bar some hermies as you may expect due to the ecsd

I've done this with my Colloidal silver application as well as STS

not sure why some have problems ,but it doesn't mean that it's some impossible feat by any means....

There's plenty of ECSD S1's out there by people who have done it ,,,doc Greenthumbz is one that comes to mind besides myself.

and My cut is The Real deal .....

I know we have the real deal and as PK said pollen not viable... also ive never seen the ecsd look like that not saying that its isnt.. but honostly if everyone says its not viable and yours is maybe its yours thats not the real deal??

just cause its sour dont mean its the real cut... it should yeild like a sonof a bitch...

picture.php

thats the real deal sour d. -=]

Cabron

Veteran
Poopy you guys need to read a lil and not just look at my pics ..

I'm running through some S1 Beans from my ecsd cut that I made about 4 years ago ..

The pic I put up of lucky #7 is pheno number seven of a batch
I germinated ...

That is not the ecsd cut but a selfed S1 ...

she isn't as large a yielder as the momma ,but those branches are lil lower branches I cut to cure and test against some of the finished product I'll harvest in 2 weeks ..

Again I'll reiterate ,I've reversed the cut ,as has Dr Greenthumbs

not sure why you guys are adamant that because yours doesnt work ,other's won't either ..

Different applications and environments ,may play an important role ...

Arminius

"I'm not a pezzamist, I am an optometrist"
Veteran
I would like to know what definitive trait of ECSD separates it from IBLs etc... I was told I had the "original Sour D", but I would like to know for sure if it is the clone only original...

Cabron

Veteran
I would like to know what definitive trait of ECSD separates it from IBLs etc... I was told I had the "original Sour D", but I would like to know for sure if it is the clone only original...

Since it can vary so much from environmental factors,stress , nutes
and a myriad of other variables , it's a facking toss of the dice ...

the only way is a lab analysis compared to a verified ,authentic cut .

End of story ...

Tom will have to chime in .....

RugerBaby

Autos are for pussies!
Veteran
Not trying to start shit, or "make you look like a fool" Cabron. Hell, maybe the person that you got the cut from doesn't know its the "real deal" I dont blame you guys, it happens all the time.

I just express my opinion when I see some some funny business goin on, thats all. Those plants are beautiful, but I have yet to come across a legit cut of ECSD that was throwing viable pollen. And who said Dr Greenthumb has the legit cut of ECSD? BTW, That plant looks like something I found in a pack of beans, check it out.
picture.php

RugerBaby

Autos are for pussies!
Veteran
Sour Diesel in general always looks different from grower to grower, more so then any other strain I have ever seen.

I attribute some of this to many people not having the authentic cut and having some some variation of Rez's versions.

But it does seem to look way different depending how and how well it was grown. Many people out there can't grow it to its fullest potential either ECSD or Sour D.

Chaco was a pro at growing sour D, cabron yours looks great aswell. Super chunky, epic buds.

Thats it right there. Their seems to be a lot or Rez's SD IBL floating around as the authentic ECSD.

I

Iron_Lion

Ruger, Cabs pics were a pheno he selected from S1 seeds not the cut.

Sour Diesel is a messy pool, so many versions. Even Rez has seeds sold named ECSD V3's thats probably where a lot of cuts originated from with peeps calling it ECSD. The later called just called Sour Diesel.

I'd love to know where ECSD originated and who had it first and when. Such an interesting strain.

Cabron

Veteran
Not trying to start shit, or "make you look like a fool" Cabron. Hell, maybe the person that you got the cut from doesn't know its the "real deal" I dont blame you guys, it happens all the time.

I just express my opinion when I see some some funny business goin on, thats all. Those plants are beautiful, but I have yet to come across a legit cut of ECSD that was throwing viable pollen. And who said Dr Greenthumb has the legit cut of ECSD? BTW, That plant looks like something I found in a pack of beans, check it out.
View Image

That's good bro I do the same ...so no harm no foul

yeah it's a crazy thing this plant we grow ...
and keeping things accurate today is even harder as so much has
happened since say 2001 when we were at CW and a cut was what it was labled as for the most part ..

There weren't all these phonies and so much confusion and bullshit ..

I had my cut given to me by a fella with a bunch of other cuts that were all hard to get and authentic...including the arcata trainwreck cut .Grapefruit (SPG), Ortega,Calio, etc..
he was a stickler ,a strain whore and didn't pass mislabled cuts ..
This was quite a few years back as well..

Before all the OG Kush circus....etc..

Anyway this thread is about The sour D cut ...

so we can focus on the gal ..

She is a special gal ,,,a polyhybrid and thus throws a few different phenotypes..

This lil gal was a beauty as a seedling earlier this year in July
and here she is today ..

a bit different than the others ..

but ....very nice ..

rock solid chunky buds ,,with weight ..

And as Lion has stated these pics I'm posting are S1's

as I sort through them ...

picture.php

picture.php

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran

Got any pics of your cut in flowering? Not always a guarantee to ID from pics but it does help.

It's a bit of a catch-22 in that the most definitive traits are smell, taste and buzz. But you don't know what that's like until you've had it. Some IBLs have come close in one area or another but few seem to have the high marks across the board to compare to the cut.

The Sour Diesel IBL line seems pretty hit or miss. I hope going forward people learn from Rez and Swerve's missteps in regards to bringing clone only varieties to market under the same name without putting in the work to reliably reproduce the clone only expression in an attempt to cash in on the name. Show me one example where this has helped moving things in a positive direction for anyone but the seed seller. Instead, we get 1000s of cuts with the same name that aren't the same at all. Selling out a well known variety to satisfy the teenyboppers demands to be able to say they have "(insert fancy clone name)" in their garden is the work of a hack.

:2cents:

Nobody likes a post without a pic...
picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts