What's new

ecsd...

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
there's gotta be some hybrid or ibl out there with potential for finding killer ecsd phenos, (lucky dawg chem fuego? top dawg sour diesel incross?)... too bad i can't afford that shit haha... (maybe greenpoint ecsd s1s or dynamite diesel?)

anyway, my efforts have gravitated toward chem realms these days.

i really really liked sour jack, wish that was available. it had the trippy but calm spaced out high i liked from sour d.

growlegal

Veteran
there's gotta be some hybrid or ibl out there with potential for finding killer ecsd phenos, (lucky dawg chem fuego? top dawg sour diesel incross?)... too bad i can't afford that shit haha... (maybe greenpoint ecsd s1s or dynamite diesel?)

anyway, my efforts have gravitated toward chem realms these days.

i really really liked sour jack, wish that was available. it had the trippy but calm spaced out high i liked from sour d.

Green point ...nope

The word on Top dawg I ran a pack of super sour double diesel and it was disappointing beyond belief
My first run of headbanger I found only two just like my first true NYCD but i was to naive to realize what i had

I trust in Karma

Latest run I got two true ECSD pheno's out of two packs of headbanger
, this was 12 females and 8 males and two duds

He has the real deal IBL but you still have to sort

I hope this is helpful:yay:

mexweed

Veteran
nothing lavender about sour, doesn't soma's nyc and lavender have a similar parent maybe it's some kind of bx done with soma's nyc I would be pissed if I got something called sour and there was anything floral sweet soapy about it

I've been getting some really good sour sugar wax, I would describe the smell as pungent skunkiness with a sour astringent chemical edge like a combination of permed hair and bleach, it has some poo/halitosis notes to it with maybe some slight lemon

the flavor is chem gas with extra sour astringentness like lemon/lime battery acid, and maybe some cracked pepper if I hit the dab a little hot, it might have something to do with it being wax but it's a bit hashy at times

lLucky

Lots of BX available... but I really just want the clone itself

Might have to settle for DRG s1 if I am unable to find it though...

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
nothing lavender about sour,

to be fair, i never smelled lavender over the classic sour funk, but check out these tests results

https://archive.analytical360.com/m/archived/171833

https://archive.analytical360.com/m/archived/137508

https://archive.analytical360.com/m/archived/261533

now i dunno what their methodology is, but i've never seen terp results over 3 ish percent for flower (from medical dispensary), so i take it with a grain of salt, but interesting nonetheless.

side note: i also never smell caryophyllene (i bought a little bottle of it off amazon, mindblowingly gorgeous subtle magical scent on its own that i now smell in pepper hidden amongst the spicy.), but caryophyllene is always either the top terp or second highest in test results from the dispo of chem crosses (guava ix, onycd, stardawg, 91) and sour d/ sour d x iss.

linalool has a similar scent to myrcene, a chemically/ plasticy/ rubber band smell but linalool has that lavender powdery flower scent added on. myrcene is usually not highly represented in chems, unless they are crossed with a cake/ cookies/ og i've noticed.

caryophyllene and humulene smell identical except caryophyllene has an ever-so-slight metallic/ woody/ spice rack scent that i dig.

info that nobody asked about for 200$$ please

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
if anyone wants some reference terp results

picture.php

picture.php

the white round container is from sour jack, and also that iss x sour d was really really frigging tasty

holy

This thread got me hyped up for ecsd so I just picked up a clone in SoCal that's supposedly the legit cut.. ??

Hempsmoke

Hey
I germinated some Ice Cool from Sweet seeds a few weeks ago, but still have to wait at least 2 months till the current grow is over so I can put her in the flower tent :(

Its an nycd cross and is supposed to have a similar smell to a pure nycd.
Sadly theres not much info on this strain but what I've read so far says it smells good and is potent.
I will find out soon ;)

Hempsmoke

NYCD was a diesel
ECSD is a completely different animal
Oh damn apparently I was too stoned, I've read the title as ecsd, but after I've read the posts above mine, they all were talking about nycd :D

Anyhow, I've got a dansk diesel cut which is supposedly sd IBL x sd IBL. I like it but I've never smoked the clone only diesel so I don't know how close it comes (dansk diesel seeds are not available anymore tho).

On my last seed order I got me some Bruce banner 3 from original sensible since it was on sale and dirt cheap. It's strawberry diesel x some og kush.
So far I only grew one seed (but popped 2 more not long ago) and I've got to say i got pleasantly surprised. Good yield, very frosty and the smell is very similar to the Dansk diesel with its own twist.

So I would say bb3 is a good alternative to the diesel if you cant get your hands on some pure breed.

Dr.King

Veteran
Greetings all, very nice ECSD plants. Been wanting some since I moved. So what do most people here think the best ECSD in seed form is in your all option is? Thanks all and happy growing :dance:.

west-eu

Greetings all, very nice ECSD plants. Been wanting some since I moved. So what do most people here think the best ECSD in seed form is in your all option is? Thanks all and happy growing :dance:.

karma g, you'll find what you want if you run a pack

Rastak'

again it is not DHK :D and I cant agree with opinion that they are the same. because I grew them side by side twice and I let riri go.. dont keep it and dont care about it. while fake dhk I like a lot, as same as chaco´s. fake dhk is much more fuel than Riri, I would repeat myself.. even it has different texture of buds, Riri more fragile and life shelf in jars for Riri is poor, it quickly looses a lot and gets bland after few months in jars, like og kush. I wouldn't call it diesel at all, sour lavender would be better name for it. I dont deny it is strong smoke. Riri: View Image

Do you have pics from the fake dhk cut you have?
I grew them too and more than twice and I didn't find any difference except the power.

Yeah maybe it's not a diesel taste but it's definitely a strong taste. Unforgettable!

west-eu

Do you have pics from the fake dhk cut you have?
I grew them too and more than twice and I didn't find any difference except the power.

Yeah maybe it's not a diesel taste but it's definitely a strong taste. Unforgettable!

hey mate, Maha grew the same cuts as us

haha... we can all agree to disagree

the dhk effect are clearer than riri, and the flavors are similar but riri has floral notes, i don't smell lavender but i undrestand why some people would think so.