What's new

ecigs

ecigs

• Total voters

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
I have not tried the ecig myself but my friends girlfriend used hers to quit but she did bring up one issue with it, it doesn't burn down so you don't know when you are "done". Might want to set a timer on your watch or phone to regulate your nicotine intake. Great thread BTW, great to see people have had success with it.

hi gooey, thank you....Im no dummy I'm completly addicted to everything about ciggs.So going cold turkey is a method I would fail at. this way I got the hand fix and the mouth fix covered I think I can handle the cravings for a smoke rush by slowly backing off the real ones while using the ecigg.hope it works.

mosstrooper

I know what you mean about the hand fix and the mouth fix, this is why when i quit the fags, i kept smoking neat weed joints.

I wouldnt smoke a lot at one time, but having a nubbed out joint near by that i could spark up gave me a lot of reassurance, and it stopped that reflex of, "oh, maybe i should go get some fags".

Though i understand that you want to get a vaporiser and would say yes, good idea, if you like KayaNow

for me, i cud never find one that had the throat hit im used to...i almost
crave that feel more then the nicotene itz odd.

Then a vaporiser might not quite cut it straight away.
This is why i kept on with the neat weed joints, i wanted to get away from nicotine first, thats the bit that makes fags like crack, thats the bit that makes you crave another almost the second you have put out the last one.

And so my advice is this, since smoking fags has so much in common with smoking crack what i did is let my craving for a hit/throat hit build and build, then id allow myself a few puffs on my neat joint, if you dont just give in to every craving, you can begin to quite enjoy the craving after a while, and when it gets too intense, level yourself off with a nice bit of ganja.

You dont need much weed at any one time, its just enough to get a mini sense of relief and a bit of a throaty hit.

For this i recomend very well cured pot, i also saved lots of the better quality smaller leaves and cured them too, so i wasnt getting super smashed every day (though i admit i did for a few weeks, but i was so worth it)

After a couple of weeks of this treatment all of your actual physical addiction to nicotine will be cured, then its just the psychological cravings you need to watch out for. Again this is where the weed will help.

In my own case after a few weeks of getting way to stoned, i started to moderate my weed intake specially during the day time.
I found it harder on an evening and would smoke more weed, but that was fine since all i had to do was sit at the pc, or other similarly sedentary occupations.

I have never used a ecig, im not even sure what they do, but if, as i suspect they might, they contain some form of nicotine, id say forget it, you would just be swapping one form of nicotine addiction for another. Its the nicotine that keeps you coming back for more.

Id say go with neat weed, in whatever way suits you best, i liked neat joints as i could take them anywhere i pleased and unlike a joint made with tobacco (one of the nastier things we do in Europe) if you are in danger of getting caught, you can just eat it, it might not taste that great, but did you ever even get one strand of tobacco in your mouth? That is the nastiest taste in the world.

alpo

NY Lawmakers Advance Bill That Would Ban ‘E-Cigarettes’

ALBANY, N.Y. (AP/CBSNewYork) — New York lawmakers on Tuesday advanced a bill that would make the state the first to ban electronic cigarettes, devices touted on the Internet in ads promising all the pleasures of smoking without the deadly health threat.

Health officials say e-cigarettes are just another addictive habit, one that can hook kids early and legally on smoking. But advocates who have used the devices to quit or cut down smoking tobacco call the battery-operated smokes a miracle.

“E-cigarettes are for some people a tool for enabling them to continue their nicotine addictions when they are someplace where they can’t smoke,” said Assembly Health Committee Chairman Richard Gottfried, whose panel passed the bill Tuesday. “I don’t think that’s good for public health.”

READ MORE: E-Cigarettes: The Good, The Bad & The Smokey

The Manhattan Democrat said the manufacturers should prove to the federal Food and Drug Administration that e-cigarettes are an effective smoking cessation aid in order to sell them to adults.

Advocates — who say there is a nationwide grass-roots movement to keep e-cigarettes available — say the proof is in their health.

SOUND-OFF: Are e-cigarettes safe? Are the politicians doing the right thing or overstepping their bounds? Let Us Know

“I find it difficult to believe that my wheezing and productive morning cough would have magically disappeared sometime between March 2009 and now if I had continued smoking, waiting for someone to proclaim e-cigarettes 100 percent safe,” said Elaine Keller of Springfield, Va. She is vice president of the Consumer Advocates for Smoke-Free Alternatives Association.

“Why do politicians and organizations that claim to be protecting public health want to take away options that could save smokers’ lives?” she said Tuesday.

The bill’s sponsor was moved to act by the flood of Internet ads for the products and sales at shopping malls.

“So I did some research,” said Assemblywoman Linda Rosenthal, a Manhattan Democrat and 20-year smoker who quit more than a dozen years ago. “I found what is in the e-cigarettes is a mystery.”

She wants to ban them in New York until they are more thoroughly investigated and regulated.

Her bill was approved in the Assembly last year but stalled in the Senate, which was then controlled by Democrats. Senate Health Committee Chairman Kemp Hannon, a Republican, said the bill likely will be considered by his committee and a hearing may be held, but it’s too early to predict what will happen with the proposal.

E-cigarettes have prompted debate nationwide since they became widely available in the United States in 2006. But as either a tobacco cigarette substitute or a much more extensively tested and restricted drug-delivery device, the future of e-cigarettes will likely be decided by the Food and Drug Administration. The FDA lost a court case last year after trying to treat e-cigarettes as drug-delivery devices, rather than tobacco products, because e-cigarettes heat nicotine extracted from tobacco.

“Maybe it stops some from smoking, but maybe it helps some kid start,” said Russ Sciandra, director of the Center for a Tobacco Free New York.

Powerful lobbies are involved. If treated as a tobacco product, e-cigarettes would avoid the research and trials required of competitors in the pharmaceutical industry, including anti-smoking patches and inhalers. As a medical device, e-cigarettes could draw opposition from that powerful lobby as a fresh and less expensive competitor.

The supporters of e-cigarettes are now watching New York “very closely. They kind of snuck up on us,” said Keller.

She said she has been tobacco free since March 2009 after 45 years of smoking. She said her group amounts to a grass-roots effort of those who feel the government has blocked this “miracle” product.

“There is no industry support on this thing at all,” Keller said of the organization. “We want to keep it this way so no one can say we are a shill for the tobacco, drug or e-cigarette industry.”

She also tries to recast the safety question.

“I can’t point to anything to say it’s 100 percent safe,” Keller said. “The thing is, it only needs to be safer. The only standard is that it’s safer than smoking.”

(TM and Copyright 2011 CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2011 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)

mosstrooper

New York lawmakers on Tuesday advanced a bill that would make the state the first to ban electronic cigarettes

How amusing, they would ban something that helps you stop smoking, but not cigarettes, i wonder who's pocket these people are in?

yea thats kinda fucked.....Got mine today and hav'nt had a real cigg in 4.5 hrs.I know not long but it really is if you know me.I am still craving the whole cigg expierence cause this thing is so alien still. but The hit is strong tastes kinda like pipe tobacco and it will give ya the bang in yer throat that someone mentioned...Am craving so Im hittin this like every 2 min.

Attachments

• 8 293.jpg
    8 293.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 8 294.jpg
    8 294.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 9

FreezerBoy

Was blind but now IC Puckbunny in Training
Veteran
Hardly the same thing but, for those unsatisfied with E-cigs, try the Make Your Own route. Cut my smoking in half or more. Cost has gone from $40 a week to $30 a month.

I'm convinced there's... something, in a Marlboro, Winston, etc that has nothing to do with nicotine; Additives that tickle the same pleasure receptors as sex, chocolate or LSD and keep you popping cigs like candy.

I use an e-cig haven't had a real cig for 2 years, I like the fact you can have a drag or 2 and put it away. No dirty ashtrays around, no tar stains on fingers etc. best wishes to those an e-cig may help kick the habit!

that can't be better for you than the real thing....

it completly is healither but nicotene is addicting so your transfering your addiction kinda like quiting without quiting.

now its inhaleing water vapor instead of tar and chemicels. but who knows whats in these cartridges they say water flavor and nicotene but I feel kinda light headed from hittin it every 2 min

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
Be careful you don't OD on nicotine, it will give you a hell of a headache tomorrow. I am going to order the same one you got Bee and try it out, thanks for the inspiration.

Ryu

Yo Bee Keeper,

If you are serious about quitting smoking in favour of vaping then I highly recommend you take a look at mixing your own juices. I didn't like the idea when it was presented to me but it's a shed load cheaper and after just a couple of weeks of mixing my own juice I'm totally sold.

You can control the throat hit (more PG), vapour (VG) and flavour strength along with exactly how much nicotine you want. Never bought a juice yet that I didn't want to change slightly in one of those aspects. Same juice can be a different experience in certain carts or attys, for example a low resistance atty will ramp up the flavour and heat and vapour but also the throat hit which is cool and all but what if your fruit flavour ain't that good with a fierce throat hit like a malboro red? Maybe you want more or less nicotine this morning/evening or slowly tone it down without losing that throat hit at the same time? Maybe you want to vape all fucking day to stop yourself picking up a a cig but not be tweaked out of nicotine? :)

There's a ton of other reasons to mix your own but I found it daunting till I tried it once with the help of this ejuice calculator to take the maths out of it.
http://www.cloud9vaping.co.uk/epage...th=/Shops/yxve46fvrnud/Categories/ELiquidCalc

The downside is you have to buy PG, VG and distilled water or AG and flavour concentrates so it's more outlay and so far it's 50/50 for me whether i'm gonna dig the flavour or not. Decadent Vapours Black Cherry is to die for. Totally Wicked sell it in the UK, not sure about the US. Still a shit load cheaper. Haven't found a single person I know who doesn't like it with no nic, even my non smoker mum.

My advice would be to stick to a 510 atty and a LR dual coil cartomizer (do not buy a clearomizer!) if you don't want to be taking long ass drags, they have less drag than a standard cartomizer or LR atty, cooler vapour and stacks of it with a short drag. There's ton of excellent options but this was the setup that made me leave tobacco with a smile on my face, it's superior in every way to actually smoking.

Lastly if you want to vape all day the 18650 batts are a solid choice. People seem to talk about a whole day vaping with the 2600mah batts so after getting tired with the small ego type batteries not lasting a day I tried one. I get a day shy of two weeks nailing the crap out of it and letting people try flavours. It won't look like a cig and is too big to smoke like one but it won't be stressed out kicking out clouds for days

Stick with it man but give it a fair chance, perhaps have a cig if you need it while your finding what setup, flavours etc floats your boat. Maybe you won't like it, maybe you will.
Oh yeah and check out Health Cabin if you decide to buy much stuff, their nic juice is excellent and ridiculously cheap compared everywhere I could find.

I have enough stuff to vape for over 12 months and I spent less than 6 months worth of tobacco cash and have some spare stuff to let people try. Plus cutting out the tobacco spliffs dropped my weed intake to less than a third of what it was without actually trying.

Bonus

HempHut

Big fan e-cigs here:

I quit cigarettes the day I got mine almost 3 years ago.

I quit using nicotine about 14 months after that.

I quit the e-cig completely about 6 months after that.

My original intention was just to drop the cigarettes and replace with vaping, but after using it for a while I figured I would try reducing my nicotine gradually just to see if I could. To my surprise it was relatively easy to drop the nicotine down to zero over a few months. I think nicotine gets overrated in its role in smoking addiction -- for many people, a lot of the addiction centres around the habit itself -- hand to mouth action, etc. Used zero nicotine for a while and then finally just decided to try not using the e-cig at all and weaned myself off the hand to mouth habit over a couple of months.

I was a 20+ a day smoker for 24 years, so it's not like I was a casual smoker. And in the end, while it did take some willpower, it was laughably easy in relation to how hard I thought quitting smoking, and then nicotine, and then vaping would be. Haven't looked back since.

ronbo51

Veteran
E Cigs are a gift to smokers. No other system comes close to the success rate of ecigs. I have a family member who was a three pack smoker and we bought him a kit for Christmas a couple years ago. From moment one he was saved and has been analogue free. He was so impressed he started an ecig company that has exploded and he has helped hundreds of folks quit smoking. I was never a smoker but I enjoy puffing on zero nicotine dreamsickle or cinnamon pear in the evening after meals. Going out is cool too. It offends no one. It's clean, doesn't stink, no stains, you save tons of money. My brother just quit chewing tobacco using the system. For many it is a miracle. If I was a smoker I would do it today. Talk to joe at ecigcharleston.com. Good guy, very helpful.

I got my first PV in the beginning of September and havent smoked since, I love it. I just have a ego with a LR atty atm but im planning on upgrading to a variable voltage mod.

I urge anyone that smokes to try a PV, there awesome! And if your looking at one please dont buy one at the mall for $150. Order off line.

Joedoe555

Thank you guys for sharing this. I have been contemplating ecigs for a while now. It is comforting to know that ecigs have actually helped some real people. Thanks for the DIY info Ryu. I think I will try mixing my own juice.