What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

EC to high

Dazer23866

Hi all
I use the green planet GP3 nutrient and I’ve decided to follow there feed chart as it uses a lot of add ins and I wanted to get the correct ratio
My problem is when I follow the cart for the end EC value of 1.2 I end up with1.6 EC
Does it assume I’m using RO water as I’m running straight out the tap at the moment

Any help on this please

goingrey

It does seem to assume water that is 0.4 EC less conductive than your tap water. Possibly RO yes.

Ca++

It's impossible for a feed to tell you the end reading, when mixed with tap water. All they can do is tell you what the feed will increase your tap by. The feed chart says the numbers are calculated based on RO water, and so are subject to change.

It's not very helpful, but I believe the 'subject to change' line, is actually 'expected to change' or the line wouldn't be in there.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Don't use any feeding charts by nutrient vendors. They typically want us to use more than what's needed to cause us to buy more frequently. Just go by the EC reading.. I mix until I get 450-500ppm in veg.. For flower, I mix until I get 1.1-1.3EC. I never go over 1.3.

I do use RO it won't matter unless your tap is really bad.. Yes, they assume we are using RO.

hazyfontazy

Veteran
Don't use any feeding charts by nutrient vendors. They typically want us to use more than what's needed to cause us to buy more frequently. Just go by the EC reading.. I mix until I get 450-500ppm in veg.. For flower, I mix until I get 1.1-1.3EC. I never go over 1.3.

I do use RO it won't matter unless your tap is really bad.. Yes, they assume we are using RO.
You won't be trying Athena then lol, 3 ec in veg bigger lol

Dazer23866

Thanks guys that’s really helpful.
I haven’t done a grow for about 15 years so you see lots have changed.
So what you saying is use base nutrients to desired EC and add the rest as per instructions to the volume of water used

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You won't be trying Athena then lol, 3 ec in veg bigger lol

I'll never use Athena Nutrients. They are no different. I would hope those that do use it have dialed in there garden to use what is needed. It doesn't matter what we use. We only use enough to grow healthy plants.

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
Most new people get confused with the weekly feeding charts because they don't know how to use them. Feeding charts are based on weekly input meaning that the measured given amount should be used in a full week's time and not all at once. If I mix the amount the manufacturer recommends it would be too much for a single watering but split over 3 waterings in a week its ok and balances out. That's the way weekly charts should be read and used.

Latest posts

Latest posts