What's new

EBOLA

Bulldog420

Veteran
So your saying the weaponized part is it mutates? Isn't that the case with any and all viruses?

In my eyes, a weaponized Ebola would be airborne, kill quicker, higher mortality rate, ext. I don't see any evidence of that, other than maybe the eyes are bleeding anymore, but couldn't that be because the virus itself has mutated, and not weaponized? Interesting stuff.

I agree this Ebola is different, I just don't see any evidence of it being weaponized.

SativaBreather

Veteran
no im sayin its weaponized by its modification which had to be done in a lab
and no, this is mutating too fast, they've calculated that its infecting roughly 20 people before mutating, infecting another 20 and so on
i think this is just a test run anyway - its blatantly stage managed as you can see from the fucked up quarantine procedure - they aint stupid, they're just allowing it to spread.
people think all these kunts in charge are stupid, they aint, they doing it on purpose.
its like everyone says how stupid the bankers and economists were for the global depression - they aint fucking stupid, they knew what they were doing and they did it deliberately.

alan watt was talking how they got virology down to a fine art, they can program viruses like computer programs to replicate x amount of times in 2 weeks before dying out, so the elite scum can release something that sweep the globe, decimates the human race then just ends 2 weeks later, meanwhile the scum are holed up in their bunkers.
the race specific bioweapons are a reality and they'll let the bio weapons out when Agenda 21 is in full effect and the coast and countryside dwellers have been removed from their homes and put in to the high density biospheres cities
http://www.democratsagainstunagenda21.com/

So your saying the weaponized part is it mutates? Isn't that the case with any and all viruses?

In my eyes, a weaponized Ebola would be airborne, kill quicker, higher mortality rate, ext. I don't see any evidence of that, other than maybe the eyes are bleeding anymore, but couldn't that be because the virus itself has mutated, and not weaponized? Interesting stuff.

I agree this Ebola is different, I just don't see any evidence of it being weaponized.

CDC now admits it is airborne...

http://www.infowars.com/cdc-finally-admits-that-ebola-can-float-through-the-air-3-feet/

They admit to only 3 feet, but other independent studies done have shown it can be transmitted up to 20 feet via the air...

http://www.infowars.com/cdc-says-eb...earch-shows-sneezes-can-travel-up-to-20-feet/

Bulldog420

Veteran
Thank you SativaBreather. I am not sure I am buying into that 100%, but you at least were able to define your potion. I couldn't agree more with the viology down to a fine art, that is why I wonder how people believe Ebola is the bug that will get us all. If the government wanted to kill X amount of people, they wouldn't do it with Ebola, IMO. Thanks for the insight SativaBreather. (btw, I just finished some SSH that I am sure a guy with that handle would enjoy)

S

SPG.

KriKey.. I'm talkin' about Werewolves then i see a 6 pointed star!?..

Not tryin' to be funny.Straight to the point.. i read BD's post and followed back a page..
I Visually went Straight to counting each point,not really takin in the entire picture at all
Thinking 5 Mann!!!.. Eeeeeik! ..Slaughtered lamb!.....

Yep Ebola suks... NOPE knew i had somethin!! :D ..My bird was Jewish..

Shalom my Luv..
"FIT Eyh!?"..1993

Stoned....RE:what are you smoking now thread

Last edited:

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
Along with the escalating spread of Ebola and related deaths, this virus is also mutating into diverse strains. There are no preventive vaccines or effective therapeutic approaches to Ebola; the ease with which Ebola is generating genetic variations will complicate the process of creating such solutions. In addition, various experimental approaches have already been associated with undesirable side effects and limited ability to scale manufacturing.

Ebolavirus infection. How is it contracted? It is believed that bats carry Ebola virus. The virus can infect animals including non-human primates. Humans become infected by direct contact with fluids from an infected animal or human (blood, semen, vaginal fluid, organs). Transmission from human to human can only occur by this mechanism, Ebola virus is NOT airborne, unlike other deadly infectious diseases (Anthrax, Smallpox and Tuberculosis). Humans can then pass the disease from human to human by fluid contact. Ebola virus is NOT airborne, unlike another deadly disease, small pox. Though the frequency of transmission from human to human peaks when patients are symptomatic, it is possible for transmission during the incubation period (2-21 days following contraction) and after the infection has been cleared (ie if the patient survives)(3-5 weeks). However, diseases like smallpox can be transmitted through the air and may pose a larger threat since the incubation period is longer and patients are highly contagious throughout the incubation before symptoms appear.

http://www.maximgrp.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Comp...

a couple of contradictions about mutation and infection from tekmira and invovio press.

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
Ebola Clinical Trials: Big Name Players In The Ebola Race

10/20/2014 3:28:01 AM

Ebola Clinical Trials: Big Name Players In The Ebola Race
10 0 0 0 Google +0 0
October 20, 2014
(Updated: October 22, 5:55AM PT)
By Mark Terry and Riley McDermid, BioSpace.com Breaking News Staff

Everyone is undoubtedly aware of the Ebola crisis in West Africa that started in Guinea in December of 2013 and has since spread to Liberia, Sierra Leone, Nigeria and Senegal. Most recently, cases have been treated in the U.S., Norway, Germany, England and Spain.

Though there are currently no effective treatments for Ebola and no vaccine, there have been several experimental treatments, such as LeafBio's ZMapp and Tekmira's TKM-Ebola, being used on humans under crisis conditions.

Here's BioSpace's guide to who's working on therapeutics or vaccines for Ebola and how those pipelines are progressing.

Companies that are not included in the list below but are also developing Ebola treatments are encouraged to contact BioSpace. We want to ensure the list contains the most updated information to help aid ongoing research for an approved cure.

Clinical Trials: Ebola Hemorrhagic Fever (Updated: October 22, 5:55AM PT)

Product Type Developer Partner Phase
ZMapp Drug LeafBio , Mapp Biopharmaceutical Defyrus, USAMRIID, NIAID, PHAC Preclinical
TKM- Ebola Drug Tekmira Pharmaceuticals MCS-BDTX, JPM-MCS Phase I
Brincidofovir Drug Chimerix CDC, NIH Phase 2
NIAID/GSK Ebola Vaccine GlaxoSmithKline NIAID Phase I
BCX4430 Drug BioCryst Pharmaceuticals NIAID, USAMRIID Preclinical
Favipiravir Drug Toyama Chemical Co. Ltd. MediVector, USAMRIID Preclinical
AVI-7537 Drug Sarepta Therapeutics MCS-BDTX, JPM-MCS Phase 1
VSV-EBOV Vaccine NewLink Genetics PHAC, DTRA, WRAIR Phase 1
Alferon and Ampligen Drug Hemispherx Biopharma USAMRIID Preclinical
TBD Drug NanoViricides N/A Preclinical
Hyperimmune horse sera Drug Fab'entech Bpifrance Feasibility
SynCon Vaccine Inovio Pharmaceuticals GeneOne Life Science Pre-IND
VesiculoVax Vaccine Profectus Biosciences BARDA, HHS, DoD, NIAID, Army Preclinical
Ebola Vaccine Vaccine Crucell NIAID Phase I
MVA-BN Filo Vaccine Bavarian Nordic NIAID Preclinical
JK- 05 Drug Sihuan Pharmaceutical AMMS Preclinical
DPX-Ebola Vaccine Immunovaccine Inc. NIH/NIAID Preclinical
TBD Vaccine Protein Sciences Corporation N/A Preclinical

1. LeafBio, Inc.
Headquartered in San Diego, California, LeafBio is the commercial arm of Mapp Biopharmaceuticals , which was founded in 2003 to develop compounds for the prevention and treatment of infectious diseases. The company’s Ebola drug, ZMapp, is a combination of antibodies identified in January 2014 that showed efficacy in a monkey model of Ebola conducted by the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC). ZMapp was given to seven people infected with Ebola, including two American aid workers. There was only enough of the drug to treat seven patients, and two of them died.

BioSpace Ebola Clinical Trials In news announced in late October, U.S. health officials have asked three advanced laboratories to submit plans for the ramped-up production of ZMapp. Once proposals are submitted on Nov. 10, the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA) will select which facilities work best for producing the most ZMapp the quickest.

2. Tekmira Pharmaceuticals Corporation
Tekmira Pharmaceuticals (TRGT) is headquartered in Burnaby, British Columbia and focuses on RNA interference (RNAi) therapeutics. In 2010, the company published several studies that showed the company’s LNP technology was effective in protecting non-human primates from Ebola.

Funding was in part by the U.S. Department of Defense's (DoD) Joint Project Manager Transformational Medical Technologies (JPM-TMT) Office.

They then inked a $140-million contract with the DoD to continue their RNAi therapeutic for the treatment of Ebola infection. The FDA gave the company Fast Track designation in March 2014 for TKM-Ebola, the anti-Ebola viral RNAi therapeutic. The work is being conducted under contract with the U.S. DoD's BioDefense Therapeutics (BD Tx). TKM-Ebola was authorized by the U.S. FDA on September 22 to be given as an experimental drug in an "expanded access" program to people with confirmed or suspected Ebola virus infections.

3. Chimerix, Inc.
Chimerix (CMRX), located in Durham, North Carolina, focuses on antiviral medications. Specifically a clinical-stage nucleotide analog lipid-conjugate, brincidofovir. It is notable that the first U.S. Ebola patient, Thomas Eric Duncan, who died on October 8 from Ebola at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas, was treated with brincidofovir after the FDA approved its use on an emergency basis.

Brincidofovir has shown positive effects in broad-spectrum in vitro activity against all five families of DNA viruses that affect humans, including cytomegalovirus (CMV), adenovirus (AdV), BK virus and herpes simplex viruses.

Most recently, Chimerix was cleared to start Phase 2 Ebola clincial trials on October 16. The FDA authorized a Phase 2 protocol for Brincidofovir to begin immediately. Brincidofovir tablets are available for immediate use in clinical trials.

4. GlaxoSmithKline
BioSpace Ebola Clinical Trials On August 28, 2014, GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) announced it would begin human testing of an investigational vaccine to prevent Ebola virus disease. The Phase 1 clinical trial, called VRC 207, will be led by principal investigator Julie Ledgerwood, D.O., chief of the NIAID Vaccine Research Center's (VRC) clinical trials program, and will be conducted among 20 healthy adults ages 18 to 50 years.

The vaccine was co-developed with the NIAID. The vaccine candidate was designed by Nancy Sullivan, chief of the Biodefense Research Section in NIAID's VRC, collaborating with researchers at the VRC and USAMRIID, as well as Okairos, a Swiss-Italian biotech company acquired by GSK in 2013.

5. BioCryst Pharmaceuticals
Headquartered in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, on September 18, 2014 BioCryst Pharmaceuticals (BCRX) announced that the NIAID had exercised options up to $2.0 million to increase funding to the development contract for the compound BCX4430. The drug is under development for the treatment of hemorrhagic fever viruses, which includes Ebola virus and Marburg virus. This is an extension of a five-year contract that began in September 2013.

6. Toyama Chemical Co. Ltd.
A unit of Fujifilm Holdings Corp., Toyama Chemical has a potential Ebola treatment called T-705. The drug, (favipiravir) was originally designed for the treatment of avian flu. The company’s U.S. partner is MediVector. Bloomberg reported in early August that MediVector, located in Boston, was in talks with the FDA to submit an application for use in humans for Ebola. The primary advantage is that the drug has been extensively tested as an antiviral in humans for influenza. It is currently in a final-stage trial for influenza in the U.S.

7. Sarepta Therapeutics, Inc.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts., Sarepta Therapeutics (SRPT) develops RNA-based therapeutics. The company has AVI-7537, a modified RNA molecule that is directed against one of the three Ebola virus genes that are also targeted by Tekmira's TKM-Ebola. The drug, however, uses a different mechanism to block the production of the viral proteins.

It has shown to be effective in non-human primates against the Ebola virus and the company has been conducting Phase 1 safety trials with AVI-7537 alone and with another Ebola-directed PMOplus molecule, which in combination is called AVI-6002. In August 2014, the company’s president and CEO, Chris Garabedian indicated they had trial-ready doses of the drug ready to be deployed and shipped if needed. USAMRIID is a co-signee on the two patents with Sarepta.

8. NewLink Genetics
BioSpace Ebola Clinical Trials Established in 1999 and based in Ames, Iowa, NewLink Genetics focuses on vaccines and therapeutics that stimulate the immune system. On September 4, 2014, the FDA gave the company permission to begin a Phase 1 clinical trial with their Ebola vaccine candidate, rVSV-ZEBOV-GP (VSV-EBOV, BPSC1001).

Initially developed by PHAC, and under an exclusive license with BioProtection Systems, the vaccine has shown promise in both pre- and post-exposure vaccination of non-human primates exposed to lethal doses of the Ebola virus. The company is working with the DoD's Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) and the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR).

In more recent news, the Government of Canada announced that it will ship 800 vials of the experimental Ebola vaccine to the World Health Organization (WHO) in Geneva, beginning with its first shipment on Monday, October 20, 2014.

9. Hemispherx Biopharma, Inc.
Headquartered in Philadelphia, Hemispherx Biopharma (HEB) focuses on treating and preventing chronic viral and immune-based disorders. The company's flagship products include Alferon N Injection and an experimental immunotherapeutic dubbed Ampligen. On September 29, 2014, the company announced widening its research collaborations to develop therapeutic cocktails against Ebola virus.

Ampligen and Alferon are presently in the lab testing phase in eight labs in the U.S., Western Europe, and Canada. It is in the discussion phase in West Africa with various government officials.

10. NanoViricides Inc.
BioSpace Ebola Clinical Trials Located in West Haven, Connecticut, NanoViricides develops nanotechnology-based biomimetic anti-viral medications (which the company calls nanoviricides). The company has a number of products in its pipeline focused on influenza (FluCide), viral eye diseases (EKC-Cide- I), HIV/AIDS (HivCide-I) and Rabies (RabiCide-I). In addition, it has Accurate-Drug-In-Field (ADIF) Technology for Bio-Defense programs. On October 1, 2014, the company announced that it had started synthesizing its second-generation drug candidates for the treatment of Ebola.

11. Fab'entech
Founded in 2009 in Lyon, France, Fab'entech focuses on the development and commercialization of passive immunotherapeutic compounds based on specific polyclonal immunoglobulins in emerging infectious diseases. It has ongoing work for Ebola, SARS, MERS-CoV, Lassa, Machupo, Junin and West Nile Virus with a project called EMER-IT. The European Medicines Agency (EMA) announced on September 30, 2014 that it was evaluating several untested drugs for Ebola for trials, including Fab'entech's Ebola product, hyperimmune horse sera. Fab'entech is conducting clinical trial feasibility for its Ebola candidate.

12. Inovio Pharmaceuticals
In May 2013, Inovio Pharmaceuticals (INO) announced a successful preclinical study of its DNA vaccine, SynCon, against Ebola and Marburg viruses. In September 2014, Inovio announced it was moving the vaccine into a Phase 1 clinical trial with GeneOne Life Science Inc., a DNA vaccine manufacturer in which Inovio holds a minority interest. The companies plan to collaborate on co-developing the vaccine through the Phase 1 trial, which is expected to start in the first half of 2015. Located in Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania, Inovio focuses on a synthetic immune therapy technology platform (a new form of vaccines).

13. Profectus Biosciences
Profectus Biosciences is developing vaccines for pre- and post-exposure protection against the hemorrhagic disease caused by Ebola and Marburg viruses. Multiple studies conducted by a team from the NIAID, CDC, FDA, and DoD have shown that a single dose of the Profectus VesiculoVax vectored Ebola and Marburg vaccines provides 100 percent protection of non-human primates against challenge with 1,000 times the lethal dose of both Ebola and Marburg viruses.

Profectus announced on October 22 that it received an $8.6 million HHS contract to accelerate Ebola Vaccine into human clinical studies. The company also received a three-year $8.5M grant from the Department of the Army to fund studies directed at early steps of the ongoing development of a vaccine to provide pre- and post-exposure protection against exposure with all major strains of Ebola and Marburg viruses.

14. Crucell
A subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson's Janssen Pharmaceuticals unit, Crucell (JNJ) is currently developing a multivalent filovirus vaccine against Ebola and Marburg in collaboration with NIAID's VRC. Crucell's Ebola vaccine entered Phase I clinical trials in Q3 2006. Two groups of 16 volunteers were enrolled and vaccinated. The study showed safety and immunogenicity at the doses evaluated.

In October 2008, Crucell secured an NIH/NIAID award to advance the development of Ebola and Marburg vaccines, with the ultimate aim of developing a multivalent filovirus vaccine. Thus far, Crucell’s research has been shown to completely protect monkeys against the virus with a single dose of the vaccine.

In September 2014, Johnson & Johnson announced that it will be working with the NIH to fast-track the development of a new combination vaccine regimen. It is composed of two vaccine components, which are based on MVA-BN technology from Bavarian Nordic and AdVac technology from Crucell. The initiation of a clinical trial in humans may take place as early as 2015.

15. Bavarian Nordic
Bavarian Nordic (BVNKF) is concurrently in preclinical testing on a multivalent vaccine that protects against the two major strains of Ebola (Zaire and Sudan) as well as Marburg. The company is also in discussions with the NIAID to accelerate the development of this multivalent vaccine into a clinical Phase 1 study in the next 12 months.

A recent study, conducted under NIAID’s vaccine preclinical services program, demonstrated proof of concept for a prime-boost regimen of two vaccines based on Bavarian Nordic's MVA-BN technology and Crucell's AdVac technology respectively. Results from the study show complete protection against the highly virulent Ebola Zaire species with the initiation of a trial in humans, anticipated in 2015.

16. Sihuan Pharmaceutical
Originally funded by the Chinese military, Sihuan Pharmaceutical (SHPHF) has partnered with the Chinese Research Academy of Military Medical Sciences (AMMS) to help push an emergency antiviral military drug called JK-05 through the approval process in China. Sihuan is China's third largest prescription drugmaker and was spun off from the military as a standalone unit in 2001.

Last week, Sihuan announced it was preparing for clinical trials in Africa and could test the drug on African Ebola patients. The company supplied several thousand doses of its Ebola drug JK-05 to the region. Although proven effective in preclinical trials, JK-05 has not been used on humans.

17. Immunovaccine Inc.
Immunovaccine's (IMV) vaccine DPX-Ebola was developed in collaboration with the NIH/NIAID. NIH/NIAID provided the antigen and Immunovaccine formulated it in its DepoVax technology. Immunovaccine's DepoVax technology tested well in an Ebola virus challenge study performed by the NIH/NIAID late this summer (August). In the study using cynomolgus monkeys, which were particularly sensitive to the Ebola virus, all vaccinated subjects survived exposure to the lethal dose. All unvaccinated control animals succumbed to the disease. Based on this efficacy, Immunovaccine is working with the NIH/NIAID to ramp up studies of DPX-Ebola for 2015. New data are expected to support advancing DPX-Ebola into human studies.

18. Protein Sciences Corporation
Based in Meriden, Conn., Protein Sciences Corporation is working on an Ebola vaccine using recombinant technology made using the same BEVS platform that is used to manufacture the licensed influenza vaccine Flublok. Protein Sciences plans to deliver samples to the National Institutes of Health for testing in December. If the vaccine proves itself in tests, the National Institutes of Health would fund further development and production.

- See more at: http://www.devicespace.com/News/ebo...me-players-in-the/350579#sthash.8DbRxPYU.dpuf

money.
http://www.phrma.org/sites/default/files/Drug%20Development%20Lifecycle.png

The entire process of a drug from lab to this point may take approximately 12 to 18 years (but not always), often costing over $1bn.[10][11]
http://www.ask.com/wiki/Phases_of_clinical_research?o=2801&qsrc=999&ad=doubleDown&an=apn&ap=ask.com

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
Ebola, AIDS Manufactured by Western Pharmaceuticals, US DoD?

Tue, 09/09/2014 - 09:59
By:
Dr. Cyril Broderick, Professor of Plant Pathology.

Dear World Citizens:

I have read a number of articles from your Internet outreach as well as articles from other sources about the casualties in Liberia and other West African countries about the human devastation caused by the Ebola virus. About a week ago, I read an article published in the Internet news summary publication of the Friends of Liberia that said that there was an agreement that the initiation of the Ebola outbreak in West Africa was due to the contact of a two-year old child with bats that had flown in from the Congo. That report made me disconcerted with the reporting about Ebola, and it stimulated a response to the “Friends of Liberia,” saying that African people are not ignorant and gullible, as is being implicated. A response from Dr. Verlon Stone said that the article was not theirs, and that “Friends of Liberia” was simply providing a service. He then asked if he could publish my letter in their Internet forum. I gave my permission, but I have not seen it published. Because of the widespread loss of life, fear, physiological trauma, and despair among Liberians and other West African citizens, it is incumbent that I make a contribution to the resolution of this devastating situation, which may continue to recur, if it is not properly and adequately confronted. I will address the situation in five (5) points:

1. EBOLA IS A GENETICALLY MODIFIED ORGANISM (GMO)

Horowitz (1998) was deliberate and unambiguous when he explained the threat of new diseases in his text, Emerging Viruses: AIDS and Ebola - Nature, Accident or Intentional. In his interview with Dr. Robert Strecker in Chapter 7, the discussion, in the early 1970s, made it obvious that the war was between countries that hosted the KGB and the CIA, and the ‘manufacture’ of ‘AIDS-Like Viruses’ was clearly directed at the other. In passing during the Interview, mention was made of Fort Detrick, “the Ebola Building,” and ‘a lot of problems with strange illnesses’ in “Frederick [Maryland].” By Chapter 12 in his text, he had confirmed the existence of an American Military-Medical-Industry that conducts biological weapons tests under the guise of administering vaccinations to control diseases and improve the health of “black Africans overseas.” The book is an excellent text, and all leaders plus anyone who has interest in science, health, people, and intrigue should study it. I am amazed that African leaders are making no acknowledgements or reference to these documents.

2. EBOLA HAS A TERRIBLE HISTORY, AND TESTING HAS BEEN SECRETLY TAKING PLACE IN AFRICA

I am now reading The Hot Zone, a novel, by Richard Preston (copyrighted 1989 and 1994); it is heart-rending. The prolific and prominent writer, Steven King, is quoted as saying that the book is “One of the most horrifying things I have ever read. What a remarkable piece of work.” As a New York Times bestseller, The Hot Zone is presented as “A terrifying true story.” Terrifying, yes, because the pathological description of what was found in animals killed by the Ebola virus is what the virus has been doing to citizens of Guinea, Sierra Leone and Liberia in its most recent outbreak: Ebola virus destroys peoples’ internal organs and the body deteriorates rapidly after death. It softens and the tissues turn into jelly, even if it is refrigerated to keep it cold. Spontaneous liquefaction is what happens to the body of people killed by the Ebola virus! The author noted in Point 1, Dr. Horowitz, chides The Hot Zone for writing to be politically correct; I understand because his book makes every effort to be very factual. The 1976 Ebola incident in Zaire, during President Mobutu Sese Seko, was the introduction of the GMO Ebola to Africa.

3. SITES AROUND AFRICA, AND IN WEST AFRICA, HAVE OVER THE YEARS BEEN SET UP FOR TESTING EMERGING DISEASES, ESPECIALLY EBOLA

The World Health Organization (WHO) and several other UN Agencies have been implicated in selecting and enticing African countries to participate in the testing events, promoting vaccinations, but pursuing various testing regiments. The August 2, 2014 article, West Africa: What are US Biological Warfare Researchers Doing in the Ebola Zone? by Jon Rappoport of Global Research pinpoints the problem that is facing African governments.

Obvious in this and other reports are, among others:

(a) The US Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases (USAMRIID), a well-known centre for bio-war research, located at Fort Detrick, Maryland;

(b) Tulane University, in New Orleans, USA, winner of research grants, including a grant of more than $7 million the National Institute of Health (NIH) to fund research with the Lassa viral hemorrhagic fever;

(c) the US Center for Disease Control (CDC);

(d) Doctors Without Borders (also known by its French name, Medicins Sans Frontiers);

(e) Tekmira, a Canadian pharmaceutical company;

(f) The UK’s GlaxoSmithKline; and

(g) the Kenema Government Hospital in Kenema, Sierra Leone.

Reports narrate stories of the US Department of Defense (DoD) funding Ebola trials on humans, trials which started just weeks before the Ebola outbreak in Guinea and Sierra Leone. The reports continue and state that the DoD gave a contract worth $140 million dollars to Tekmira, a Canadian pharmaceutical company, to conduct Ebola research. This research work involved injecting and infusing healthy humans with the deadly Ebola virus. Hence, the DoD is listed as a collaborator in a “First in Human” Ebola clinical trial (NCT02041715, which started in January 2014 shortly before an Ebola epidemic was declared in West Africa in March. Disturbingly, many reports also conclude that the US government has a viral fever bioterrorism research laboratory in Kenema, a town at the epicentre of the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. The only relevant positive and ethical olive-branch seen in all of my reading is that Theguardian.com reported, “The US government funding of Ebola trials on healthy humans comes amid warnings by top scientists in Harvard and Yale that such virus experiments risk triggering a worldwide pandemic.” That threat still persists.

4. THE NEED FOR LEGAL ACTION TO OBTAIN REDRESS FOR DAMAGES INCURRED DUE TO THE PERPETUATION OF INJUSTICE IN THE DEATH, INJURY AND TRAUMA IMPOSED ON LIBERIANS AND OTHER AFRICANS BY THE EBOLA AND OTHER DISEASE AGENTS.

The U. S., Canada, France, and the U. K. are all implicated in the detestable and devilish deeds that these Ebola tests are. There is the need to pursue criminal and civil redress for damages, and African countries and people should secure legal representation to seek damages from these countries, some corporations, and the United Nations. Evidence seems abundant against Tulane University, and suits should start there. Yoichi Shimatsu’s article, The Ebola Breakout Coincided with UN Vaccine Campaigns, as published on August 18, 2014, in the Liberty Beacon.

5. AFRICAN LEADERS AND AFRICAN COUNTRIES NEED TO TAKE THE LEAD IN DEFENDING BABIES, CHILDREN, AFRICAN WOMEN, AFRICAN MEN, AND THE ELDERLY. THESE CITIZENS DO NOT DESERVE TO BE USED AS GUINEA PIGS!

Africa must not relegate the Continent to become the locality for disposal and the deposition of hazardous chemicals, dangerous drugs, and chemical or biological agents of emerging diseases. There is urgent need for affirmative action in protecting the less affluent of poorer countries, especially African citizens, whose countries are not as scientifically and industrially endowed as the United States and most Western countries, sources of most viral or bacterial GMOs that are strategically designed as biological weapons. It is most disturbing that the U. S. Government has been operating a viral hemorrhagic fever bioterrorism research laboratory in Sierra Leone. Are there others? Wherever they exist, it is time to terminate them. If any other sites exist, it is advisable to follow the delayed but essential step: Sierra Leone closed the US bioweapons lab and stopped Tulane University for further testing.

The world must be alarmed. All Africans, Americans, Europeans, Middle Easterners, Asians, and people from every conclave on Earth should be astonished. African people, notably citizens more particularly of Liberia, Guinea and Sierra Leone are victimized and are dying every day. Listen to the people who distrust the hospitals, who cannot shake hands, hug their relatives and friends. Innocent people are dying, and they need our help. The countries are poor and cannot afford the whole lot of personal protection equipment (PPE) that the situation requires. The threat is real, and it is larger than a few African countries. The challenge is global, and we request assistance from everywhere, including China, Japan, Australia, India, Germany, Italy, and even kind-hearted people in the U.S., France, the U.K., Russia, Korea, Saudi Arabia, and anywhere else whose desire is to help. The situation is bleaker than we on the outside can imagine, and we must provide assistance however we can. To ensure a future that has less of this kind of drama, it is important that we now demand that our leaders and governments be honest, transparent, fair, and productively engaged. They must answer to the people. Please stand up to stop Ebola testing and the spread of this dastardly disease.

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Dr. Cyril E. Broderick, Sr

http://www.liberianobserver.com/security/ebola-aids-manufactured-western-pharmaceuticals-us-dod

referenced in this work:
http://www.liberianobserver.com/security/ebola-aids-manufactured-western-pharmaceuticals-us-dod

http://www.blackherbals.com/Emerging_Viruses-Aids_&_Ebo...

RetroGrow

Veteran
That's an awful lot of BS in one post. Weaponized Ebola? Absurd. We have people over there fighting the disease. Are we trying to kill them too? Of the 7 Americans who have contracted it, not one has died. We have bio-weapons that could wipe out all or any part of humanity if we wanted to use them. Ebola is not killing vast numbers of people. The flu kills many, many, many times more. Is that weaponized also?
Ebola virus is 23 MILLION years old. It's not something new created by the government:
"Researchers have uncovered the history of Ebola - and found it dates back far further than they expected.

The research shows that filoviruses - a family to which Ebola and its similarly lethal relative, Marburg, belong - are at least 16-23 million years old.

They say the discovery could help find new ways to create a vaccine.
The new study is helping to rewrite Ebola's family history.

Filoviruses likely existed in the Miocene Epoch, and at that time, the evolutionary lines leading to Ebola and Marburg had already diverged, the study concludes.

The research was published in the journal PeerJ in September.

It adds to scientists' developing knowledge about known filoviruses, which experts once believed came into being some 10,000 years ago, coinciding with the rise of agriculture.

The new study pushes back the family's age to the time when great apes arose.

'Filoviruses are far more ancient than previously thought,' says lead researcher Derek Taylor, PhD, a University at Buffalo professor of biological sciences.
'These things have been interacting with mammals for a long time, several million years.'

According to the PeerJ article, knowing more about Ebola and Marburg's comparative evolution could 'affect design of vaccines and programs that identify emerging pathogens.'

The research does not address the age of the modern-day Ebola virus.

Instead, it shows that Ebola and Marburg are each members of ancient evolutionary lines, and that these two viruses last shared a common ancestor sometime prior to 16-23 million years ago.
Taylor and co-author Jeremy Bruenn, PhD, UB professor of biological sciences, research viral 'fossil genes' — chunks of genetic material that animals and other organisms acquire from viruses during infection.

The first Ebola outbreak in humans occurred in 1976, and scientists still know little about the virus' history.

The same dearth of information applies to Marburg, which was recognized in humans in 1967 and implicated in the death of a Ugandan health worker this month.

Understanding the virus' ancient past could aid in disease prevention, Taylor says.

He notes that if a researcher were trying to create a single vaccine effective against both Ebola and Marburg, it could be helpful to know that their evolutionary lineages diverged so long ago.

Knowing more about filoviruses in general could provide insight into which host species might serve as 'reservoirs' that harbor undiscovered pathogens related to Ebola and Marburg, Taylor says.

'When they first started looking for reservoirs for Ebola, they were crashing through the rainforest, looking at everything — mammals, insects, other organisms,' Taylor says.

'The more we know about the evolution of filovirus-host interactions, the more we can learn about who the players might be in the system.'

In the new study, the authors report finding remnants of filovirus-like genes in various rodents.
One fossil gene, called VP35, appeared in the same spot in the genomes of four different rodent species: two hamsters and two voles.

This meant the material was likely acquired in or before the Miocene Epoch, prior to when these rodents evolved into distinct species some 16-23 million years ago.

In other words: It appears that the known filovirus family is at least as old as the common ancestor of hamsters and voles.

'These rodents have billions of base pairs in their genomes, so the odds of a viral gene inserting itself at the same position in different species at different times are very small,' Taylor says. 'It's likely that the insertion was present in the common ancestor of these rodents.'

The genetic material in the VP35 fossil was more closely related to Ebola than to Marburg, indicating that the lines leading to these viruses had already begun diverging from each other in the Miocene.

The new study builds on Taylor's previous work with Bruenn and other biologists, which used viral fossil genes to estimate that the entire family of filoviruses was more than 10 million years old.

However, those studies used fossil genes only distantly related to Ebola and Marburg, which prevented the researchers from drawing conclusions about the age of these two viral lines.

The current PeerJ publication fills this viral 'fossil gap,' enabling the scientists to explore Ebola's historical relationship with Marburg.
Marburg virus disease (MVD) (formerly known as Marburg haemorrhagic fever) was first identified in 1967 during epidemics in Marburg and Frankfurt in Germany and Belgrade in the former Yugoslavia from importation of infected monkeys from Uganda.

MVD is a severe and highly fatal disease caused by a virus from the same family as the one that causes Ebola virus disease.

These viruses are among the most virulent pathogens known to infect humans.

Both diseases are rare, but have a capacity to cause dramatic outbreaks with high fatality.

Illness caused by Marburg virus begins abruptly, with severe headache and severe malaise. Many patients develop severe haemorrhagic manifestations between days 5 and 7, and fatal cases usually have some form of bleeding, often from multiple sites.

The Marburg virus is transmitted by direct contact with the blood, body fluids and tissues of infected persons.

Transmission of the Marburg virus also occurred by handling ill or dead infected wild animals (monkeys, fruit bats).
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...s-23-MILLION-years-old-lead-new-vaccines.html

JointOperation

I asked before and I will ask again since everybody keeps saying it's weaponized.

Why hasn't the fatality rate gone up? Why isn't it airborne? What is weaponized about Ebola?

if it is weaponized.. that was the test run.. these people spread over the US.. they will target people who came back. from these countries.. as a coverup.. if they really are using it as a weapon.

once they make it 99% fatal. they will release...

also look into the laws about releasing bio weapons.. you need to have the vaccine already made and working.. before releasing a bio weapon.

the problem being is the government is so compartmentalized that its impossible for anyone to know what anyone else is REALLY doing... so this could be a attack.. or it could be legit..

but my money goes on the government is going to wipe us out quickly. painfully.. and in a way that no1 will ever forget.. and they cant be blamed .. this is the NEW AGE NAZI PARTY... and obama.. is the new hitler..

i say.. if hilary cliniton gets into the presidents seat next election. then there plan is right on track...

do a black president.. closet gay...

then a closet lesbian. hilary..

they focus on dumb shit.. so the real power that be. can do as they please.

JointOperation

The U.S. has – in the past – intentionally deployed germ warfare abroad. For example, the Senate’s Church Committee found that the CIA decided to bump off the heads of Congo and Cuba using lethal germs. And the United States sold anthrax to Saddam Hussein in 1985, for the express purpose of using it against Iran. (CIA files also prove that the U.S. supported Saddam Hussein’s use of chemical weapons against Iran.)
Top Bioweapons Expert Speaks Out on Ebola

Washington’s Blog spoke with one of America’s leading experts on the dangers of research into deadly germs, Dr. Francis Boyle.
Dr. Boyle wrote the Biological Weapons Anti-Terrorism Act of 1989, the American implementing legislation for the 1972 Biological Weapons Convention.
Dr. Boyle served on the Board of Directors of Amnesty International (1988-1992), and is a professor of international law at the University of Illinois, Champaign.
WASHINGTON’S BLOG: You said recently that laboratories in West Africa run by the Centers for Disease Control and Tulane University are doing bioweapons research. What documentary evidence do you have of that?
You mentioned that a map produced by the CDC shows where the laboratories are located on the West Coast of Africa?
DR. FRANCIS BOYLE: Yes. They’ve got one in Monrovia [the capital of Ebola-stricken Liberia] … one in Kenema, Sierra Leone [the third largest city in the Ebola-hotzone nation], which was shut down this summer because the government there believed that it was the Tulane vaccines which had set this whole thing off.
And then they have another one in Guinea, where the first case [of Ebola] was reported.
All of these are labs which do this offensive/defensive biowarfare work.
And Fort Detrick’s USAMRIID [the U.S. Army Medical Research Institute for Infectious Diseases] has also been over there. So it’s clear what’s been going on there.
CDC has a long history of doing biowarfare work. I have them doing biowarfare work for the Pentagon in Sierra Leone as early 1988.
WASHINGTON’S BLOG: And how do you know that? Have you seen official documents?
DR. FRANCIS BOYLE: An official government document: the Biological Defense Research Program, May 1988. I analyzed it in my book, Biowarfare and Terrorism.
It’s clear that [the U.S. bioweapons researchers] were using Liberia to try to circumvent the Biological Weapons Convention. And CDC – for years – has been up to its eyeballs in biowarfare work.
They always try to justify the development of offensive biological weapons by claiming it’s being done for “defensive” purposes. That’s just a lie … and it’s always been a lie.
It’s been the case on Ebola and just about every other biowarfare agent you can think of.
WASHINGTON’S BLOG: Does that type of research violate the Biological Weapons Convention?
DR. FRANCIS BOYLE: Well, of course! It also violates the Biological Weapons Anti-Terrorism Act [which Boyle drafted], which was passed unanimously by both houses of the United States Congress and signed into law by President Bush, Senior.
That Act creates life in prison for this type of “Dr. Menegle” type work.
WASHINGTON’S BLOG: And Obama recently said – as quoted in the New York Times article – that he’s “curtailing” this type of defensive research, or putting it on hold.
Do you believe him?
DR. FRANCIS BOYLE: That’s the smoking gun, right there. Read that article [the New York Times article quoted above, which notes "a sudden change of heart by the Obama administration" about labs creating ever-deadlier versions of germs which are already lethal].
The reason they’ve stopped it is to cover themselves, I think, because they know that this type of work was behind the outbreak of the [Ebola] pandemic in West Africa.
But that’s an admission right there, de facto.
_ _ _
Dr. Boyle made it clear that he is not suggesting – as some others are – that Ebola was intentionally released into the African population. He says he has seen no evidence of intentional release. He’s speaking about an accidental release of germs from a biowarfare research lab.
He’s convinced, in fact, that this Ebola epidemic in Africa started with the release from a U.S. bioweapons lab in West Africa. One of the reasons for his conviction that the outbreak started with the release from a bioweapon lab is that this Ebola strain seems to be much worse than those previously seen in the wild.
As Dr. Boyle told us:
It seems to me that [the Ebola epidemic in West Africa] has U.S. biowarfare programs written all over it.

icmagAg03Cyn

Ebola, AIDS Manufactured by Western Pharmaceuticals, US DoD?

Tue, 09/09/2014 - 09:59
By:
Dr. Cyril Broderick, Professor of Plant Pathology.

Dear World Citizens:

I have read a number of articles from your Internet outreach as well as articles from other sources about the casualties in Liberia and other West African countries about the human devastation caused by the Ebola virus. About a week ago, I read an article published in the Internet news summary publication of the Friends of Liberia that said that there was an agreement that the initiation of the Ebola outbreak in West Africa was due to the contact of a two-year old child with bats that had flown in from the Congo. That report made me disconcerted with the reporting about Ebola, and it stimulated a response to the “Friends of Liberia,” saying that African people are not ignorant and gullible, as is being implicated. A response from Dr. Verlon Stone said that the article was not theirs, and that “Friends of Liberia” was simply providing a service. He then asked if he could publish my letter in their Internet forum. I gave my permission, but I have not seen it published. Because of the widespread loss of life, fear, physiological trauma, and despair among Liberians and other West African citizens, it is incumbent that I make a contribution to the resolution of this devastating situation, which may continue to recur, if it is not properly and adequately confronted. I will address the situation in five (5) points:

1. EBOLA IS A GENETICALLY MODIFIED ORGANISM (GMO)

Horowitz (1998) was deliberate and unambiguous when he explained the threat of new diseases in his text, Emerging Viruses: AIDS and Ebola - Nature, Accident or Intentional. In his interview with Dr. Robert Strecker in Chapter 7, the discussion, in the early 1970s, made it obvious that the war was between countries that hosted the KGB and the CIA, and the ‘manufacture’ of ‘AIDS-Like Viruses’ was clearly directed at the other. In passing during the Interview, mention was made of Fort Detrick, “the Ebola Building,” and ‘a lot of problems with strange illnesses’ in “Frederick [Maryland].” By Chapter 12 in his text, he had confirmed the existence of an American Military-Medical-Industry that conducts biological weapons tests under the guise of administering vaccinations to control diseases and improve the health of “black Africans overseas.” The book is an excellent text, and all leaders plus anyone who has interest in science, health, people, and intrigue should study it. I am amazed that African leaders are making no acknowledgements or reference to these documents.

2. EBOLA HAS A TERRIBLE HISTORY, AND TESTING HAS BEEN SECRETLY TAKING PLACE IN AFRICA

I am now reading The Hot Zone, a novel, by Richard Preston (copyrighted 1989 and 1994); it is heart-rending. The prolific and prominent writer, Steven King, is quoted as saying that the book is “One of the most horrifying things I have ever read. What a remarkable piece of work.” As a New York Times bestseller, The Hot Zone is presented as “A terrifying true story.” Terrifying, yes, because the pathological description of what was found in animals killed by the Ebola virus is what the virus has been doing to citizens of Guinea, Sierra Leone and Liberia in its most recent outbreak: Ebola virus destroys peoples’ internal organs and the body deteriorates rapidly after death. It softens and the tissues turn into jelly, even if it is refrigerated to keep it cold. Spontaneous liquefaction is what happens to the body of people killed by the Ebola virus! The author noted in Point 1, Dr. Horowitz, chides The Hot Zone for writing to be politically correct; I understand because his book makes every effort to be very factual. The 1976 Ebola incident in Zaire, during President Mobutu Sese Seko, was the introduction of the GMO Ebola to Africa.

3. SITES AROUND AFRICA, AND IN WEST AFRICA, HAVE OVER THE YEARS BEEN SET UP FOR TESTING EMERGING DISEASES, ESPECIALLY EBOLA

The World Health Organization (WHO) and several other UN Agencies have been implicated in selecting and enticing African countries to participate in the testing events, promoting vaccinations, but pursuing various testing regiments. The August 2, 2014 article, West Africa: What are US Biological Warfare Researchers Doing in the Ebola Zone? by Jon Rappoport of Global Research pinpoints the problem that is facing African governments.

Obvious in this and other reports are, among others:

(a) The US Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases (USAMRIID), a well-known centre for bio-war research, located at Fort Detrick, Maryland;

(b) Tulane University, in New Orleans, USA, winner of research grants, including a grant of more than $7 million the National Institute of Health (NIH) to fund research with the Lassa viral hemorrhagic fever;

(c) the US Center for Disease Control (CDC);

(d) Doctors Without Borders (also known by its French name, Medicins Sans Frontiers);

(e) Tekmira, a Canadian pharmaceutical company;

(f) The UK’s GlaxoSmithKline; and

(g) the Kenema Government Hospital in Kenema, Sierra Leone.

Reports narrate stories of the US Department of Defense (DoD) funding Ebola trials on humans, trials which started just weeks before the Ebola outbreak in Guinea and Sierra Leone. The reports continue and state that the DoD gave a contract worth $140 million dollars to Tekmira, a Canadian pharmaceutical company, to conduct Ebola research. This research work involved injecting and infusing healthy humans with the deadly Ebola virus. Hence, the DoD is listed as a collaborator in a “First in Human” Ebola clinical trial (NCT02041715, which started in January 2014 shortly before an Ebola epidemic was declared in West Africa in March. Disturbingly, many reports also conclude that the US government has a viral fever bioterrorism research laboratory in Kenema, a town at the epicentre of the Ebola outbreak in West Africa. The only relevant positive and ethical olive-branch seen in all of my reading is that Theguardian.com reported, “The US government funding of Ebola trials on healthy humans comes amid warnings by top scientists in Harvard and Yale that such virus experiments risk triggering a worldwide pandemic.” That threat still persists.

4. THE NEED FOR LEGAL ACTION TO OBTAIN REDRESS FOR DAMAGES INCURRED DUE TO THE PERPETUATION OF INJUSTICE IN THE DEATH, INJURY AND TRAUMA IMPOSED ON LIBERIANS AND OTHER AFRICANS BY THE EBOLA AND OTHER DISEASE AGENTS.

The U. S., Canada, France, and the U. K. are all implicated in the detestable and devilish deeds that these Ebola tests are. There is the need to pursue criminal and civil redress for damages, and African countries and people should secure legal representation to seek damages from these countries, some corporations, and the United Nations. Evidence seems abundant against Tulane University, and suits should start there. Yoichi Shimatsu’s article, The Ebola Breakout Coincided with UN Vaccine Campaigns, as published on August 18, 2014, in the Liberty Beacon.

5. AFRICAN LEADERS AND AFRICAN COUNTRIES NEED TO TAKE THE LEAD IN DEFENDING BABIES, CHILDREN, AFRICAN WOMEN, AFRICAN MEN, AND THE ELDERLY. THESE CITIZENS DO NOT DESERVE TO BE USED AS GUINEA PIGS!

Africa must not relegate the Continent to become the locality for disposal and the deposition of hazardous chemicals, dangerous drugs, and chemical or biological agents of emerging diseases. There is urgent need for affirmative action in protecting the less affluent of poorer countries, especially African citizens, whose countries are not as scientifically and industrially endowed as the United States and most Western countries, sources of most viral or bacterial GMOs that are strategically designed as biological weapons. It is most disturbing that the U. S. Government has been operating a viral hemorrhagic fever bioterrorism research laboratory in Sierra Leone. Are there others? Wherever they exist, it is time to terminate them. If any other sites exist, it is advisable to follow the delayed but essential step: Sierra Leone closed the US bioweapons lab and stopped Tulane University for further testing.

The world must be alarmed. All Africans, Americans, Europeans, Middle Easterners, Asians, and people from every conclave on Earth should be astonished. African people, notably citizens more particularly of Liberia, Guinea and Sierra Leone are victimized and are dying every day. Listen to the people who distrust the hospitals, who cannot shake hands, hug their relatives and friends. Innocent people are dying, and they need our help. The countries are poor and cannot afford the whole lot of personal protection equipment (PPE) that the situation requires. The threat is real, and it is larger than a few African countries. The challenge is global, and we request assistance from everywhere, including China, Japan, Australia, India, Germany, Italy, and even kind-hearted people in the U.S., France, the U.K., Russia, Korea, Saudi Arabia, and anywhere else whose desire is to help. The situation is bleaker than we on the outside can imagine, and we must provide assistance however we can. To ensure a future that has less of this kind of drama, it is important that we now demand that our leaders and governments be honest, transparent, fair, and productively engaged. They must answer to the people. Please stand up to stop Ebola testing and the spread of this dastardly disease.

Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Dr. Cyril E. Broderick, Sr

referenced in this work:

http://www.blackherbals.com/Emerging_Viruses-Aids_&_Ebo...
Proteins program proteins
Ebola is an - RNA virus
Rabies is also a - RNA virus
In the following list of drugs/vaccines for Ebola lie some animal viruses.
Photos of Ebola victims show what resembles a smallpox infection.
Proteins express their disruption into ill health as symptoms.
Ebola contains not only smallpox vaccinia protein but also the animal proteins in the following manufacturers response to Ebola e.g. horse serum, avian chicken protein, cynomolgus monkey protein. All antigens and antibodies exist symbiotically.
Ebola and horse viruses and RNA viruses
himerix (CMRX), located in Durham, North Carolina, focuses on antiviral medications. Specifically a clinical-stage nucleotide analog lipid-conjugate, brincidofovir. It is notable that the first U.S. Ebola patient, Thomas Eric Duncan, who died on October 8 from Ebola at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas, was treated with brincidofovir after the FDA approved its use on an emergency basis.

Brincidofovir has shown positive effects in broad-spectrum in vitro activity against all five families of DNA viruses that affect humans, including cytomegalovirus (CMV), adenovirus (AdV), BK virus and herpes simplex viruses. The Ebola virus is an RNA virus. The death of Duncan probably does not provide much information about brincidiovovir's efficacy, since he only received the medication 19 days after initial exposure. - See more at: http://www.biospace.com/News/ebola-...me-players-in-the/350579#sthash.KQPlJZEK.dpuf

1. LeafBio, Inc.
Headquartered in San Diego, California, LeafBio is the commercial arm of Mapp Biopharmaceuticals , which was founded in 2003 to develop compounds for the prevention and treatment of infectious diseases. The company’s Ebola drug, ZMapp, is a combination of antibodies identified in January 2014 that showed efficacy in a monkey model of Ebola conducted by the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC). ZMapp was given to seven people infected with Ebola, including two American aid workers. There was only enough of the drug to treat seven patients, and two of them died.

Still, ZMapp, which is produced from tobacco leaves, is considered the only proven treatment to date. However, the company has indicated they don't know if the drug actually works on humans, and although the company is ramping up production and is in talks with a number of manufacturing facilities, it has indicated they will only be able to produce 10 to 20 courses of treatment by the end of 2014, and about the same amount on a monthly basis afterwards.

In news announced last Friday, U.S. health officials have asked three advanced laboratories to submit plans for the ramped-up production of ZMapp. Once proposals are submitted on Nov. 10, the Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority (BARDA) will select which facilities work best for producing the most ZMapp the quickest.

2. Tekmira Pharmaceuticals Corporation
Tekmira Pharmaceuticals (TRGT) is headquartered in Burnaby, British Columbia and focuses on RNA interference (RNAi) therapeutics. In 2010, the company published several studies that showed the company’s LNP technology was effective in protecting non-human primates from Ebola.

The work was done in collaboration with researchers from Boston University and the U.S. Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases (USAMRIID). Funding was in part by the U.S. Department of Defense's (DoD) Joint Project Manager Transformational Medical Technologies (JPM-TMT) Office.

They then inked a $140-million contract with the DoD to continue their RNAi therapeutic for the treatment of Ebola infection. The FDA gave the company Fast Track designation in March 2014 for TKM-Ebola, the anti-Ebola viral RNAi therapeutic. The work is being conducted under contract with the U.S. DoD's BioDefense Therapeutics (BD Tx). TKM-Ebola was authorized by the U.S. FDA on September 22 to be given as an experimental drug in an "expanded access" program to people with confirmed or suspected Ebola virus infections.

3. Chimerix, Inc.
Chimerix (CMRX), located in Durham, North Carolina, focuses on antiviral medications. Specifically a clinical-stage nucleotide analog lipid-conjugate, brincidofovir. It is notable that the first U.S. Ebola patient, Thomas Eric Duncan, who died on October 8 from Ebola at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas, was treated with brincidofovir after the FDA approved its use on an emergency basis.

Brincidofovir has shown positive effects in broad-spectrum in vitro activity against all five families of DNA viruses that affect humans, including cytomegalovirus (CMV), adenovirus (AdV), BK virus and herpes simplex viruses. The Ebola virus is an RNA virus. The death of Duncan probably does not provide much information about brincidiovovir's efficacy, since he only received the medication 19 days after initial exposure.

Most recently, Chimerix was cleared to start Phase 2 Ebola clincial trials on October 16. The FDA authorized a Phase 2 protocol for Brincidofovir to begin immediately. Brincidofovir tablets are available for immediate use in clinical trials.

4. GlaxoSmithKline
On August 28, 2014, GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) announced it would begin human testing of an investigational vaccine to prevent Ebola virus disease. The Phase 1 clinical trial, called VRC 207, will be led by principal investigator Julie Ledgerwood, D.O., chief of the NIAID Vaccine Research Center's (VRC) clinical trials program, and will be conducted among 20 healthy adults ages 18 to 50 years.

The vaccine was co-developed with the NIAID. The vaccine candidate was designed by Nancy Sullivan, chief of the Biodefense Research Section in NIAID's VRC, collaborating with researchers at the VRC and USAMRIID, as well as Okairos, a Swiss-Italian biotech company acquired by GSK in 2013.

5. BioCryst Pharmaceuticals
Headquartered in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, on September 18, 2014 BioCryst Pharmaceuticals (BCRX) announced that the NIAID had exercised options up to $2.0 million to increase funding to the development contract for the compound BCX4430. The drug is under development for the treatment of hemorrhagic fever viruses, which includes Ebola virus and Marburg virus. This is an extension of a five-year contract that began in September 2013.

6. Toyama Chemical Co. Ltd.
A unit of Fujifilm Holdings Corp., Toyama Chemical has a potential Ebola treatment called T-705. The drug, (favipiravir) was originally designed for the treatment of avian flu. The company’s U.S. partner is MediVector. Bloomberg reported in early August that MediVector, located in Boston, was in talks with the FDA to submit an application for use in humans for Ebola. The primary advantage is that the drug has been extensively tested as an antiviral in humans for influenza. It is currently in a final-stage trial for influenza in the U.S.

7. Sarepta Therapeutics, Inc.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts., Sarepta Therapeutics (SRPT) develops RNA-based therapeutics. The company has AVI-7537, a modified RNA molecule that is directed against one of the three Ebola virus genes that are also targeted by Tekmira's TKM-Ebola. The drug, however, uses a different mechanism to block the production of the viral proteins.

It has shown to be effective in non-human primates against the Ebola virus and the company has been conducting Phase 1 safety trials with AVI-7537 alone and with another Ebola-directed PMOplus molecule, which in combination is called AVI-6002. In August 2014, the company’s president and CEO, Chris Garabedian indicated they had trial-ready doses of the drug ready to be deployed and shipped if needed. USAMRIID is a co-signee on the two patents with Sarepta.

8. NewLink Genetics
Established in 1999 and based in Ames, Iowa, NewLink Genetics focuses on vaccines and therapeutics that stimulate the immune system. On September 4, 2014, the FDA gave the company permission to begin a Phase 1 clinical trial with their Ebola vaccine candidate, rVSV-ZEBOV-GP(VSV-EBOV, BPSC1001).

Initially developed by PHAC, and under an exclusive license with BioProtection Systems, the vaccine has shown promise in both pre- and post-exposure vaccination of non-human primates exposed to lethal doses of the Ebola virus. The company is working with the DoD's Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) and the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research (WRAIR).

In more recent news, the Government of Canada announced that it will ship 800 vials of the experimental Ebola vaccine to the World Health Organization (WHO) in Geneva, beginning with its first shipment on Monday, October 20, 2014.

9. Hemispherx Biopharma, Inc.
Headquartered in Philadelphia, Hemispherx Biopharma (HEB) focuses on treating and preventing chronic viral and immune-based disorders. The company's flagship products include Alferon N Injection and an experimental immunotherapeutic dubbed Ampligen. On September 29, 2014, the company announced widening its research collaborations to develop therapeutic cocktails against Ebola virus.

Ampligen and Alferon are presently in the lab testing phase in eight labs in the U.S., Western Europe, and Canada. It is in the discussion phase in West Africa with various government officials.

"Hemispherx owns and operates a 43,000-square-foot FDA-approved facility in New Brunswick, New Jersey to produce Alferon and Ampligen, and we are in the final stages of our facility enhancement project that includes the Installation and Operation Qualification phase for Alferon production," William Carter, chief executive officer of Hemispherx Biopharma, told BioSpace. "While facility upgrades are being undertaken for the Alferon manufacturing process, this project has not impacted our capability to manufacture the Ampligen drug substance intermediates needed for the final production steps of that product. The production of new Alferon API inventory will not commence until the capital improvement and validation phases are complete."

10. NanoViricides Inc.
Located in West Haven, Connecticut, NanoViricides develops nanotechnology-based biomimetic anti-viral medications (which the company calls nanoviricides). The company has a number of products in its pipeline focused on influenza (FluCide), viral eye diseases (EKC-Cide- I), HIV/AIDS (HivCide-I) and Rabies (RabiCide-I). In addition, it has Accurate-Drug-In-Field (ADIF) Technology for Bio-Defense programs. On October 1, 2014, the company announced that it had started synthesizing its second-generation drug candidates for the treatment of Ebola.

11. Fab'entech
Founded in 2009 in Lyon, France, Fab'entech focuses on the development and commercialization of passive immunotherapeutic compounds based on specific polyclonal immunoglobulins in emerging infectious diseases. It has ongoing work for Ebola, SARS, MERS-CoV, Lassa, Machupo, Junin and West Nile Virus with a project called EMER-IT. The European Medicines Agency (EMA) announced on September 30, 2014 that it was evaluating several untested drugs for Ebola for trials, including Fab'entech's Ebola product, hyperimmune horse sera. Fab'entech is conducting clinical trial feasibility for its Ebola candidate.

12. Inovio Pharmaceuticals
In May 2013, Inovio Pharmaceuticals (INO) announced a successful preclinical study of its DNA vaccine, SynCon, against Ebola and Marburg viruses. In September 2014, Inovio announced it was moving the vaccine into a Phase 1 clinical trial with GeneOne Life Science Inc., a DNA vaccine manufacturer in which Inovio holds a minority interest. The companies plan to collaborate on co-developing the vaccine through the Phase 1 trial, which is expected to start in the first half of 2015. Located in Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania, Inovio focuses on a synthetic immune therapy technology platform (a new form of vaccines).

13. Profectus Biosciences
Profectus Biosciences is developing vaccines for pre- and post-exposure protection against the hemorrhagic disease caused by Ebola and Marburg viruses. Multiple studies conducted by a team from the NIAID, CDC, FDA, and DoD have shown that a single dose of the Profectus VesiculoVax vectored Ebola and Marburg vaccines provides 100 percent protection of non-human primates against challenge with 1,000 times the lethal dose of both Ebola and Marburg viruses.

Profectus announced on October 22 that it received an $8.6 million HHS contract to accelerate Ebola Vaccine into human clinical studies. The company also received a three-year $8.5M grant from the Department of the Army to fund studies directed at early steps of the ongoing development of a vaccine to provide pre- and post-exposure protection against exposure with all major strains of Ebola and Marburg viruses.

14. Crucell
A subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson's Janssen Pharmaceuticals unit, Crucell (JNJ) is currently developing a multivalent filovirus vaccine against Ebola and Marburg in collaboration with NIAID's VRC. Crucell's Ebola vaccine entered Phase I clinical trials in Q3 2006. Two groups of 16 volunteers were enrolled and vaccinated. The study showed safety and immunogenicity at the doses evaluated.

In October 2008, Crucell secured an NIH/NIAID award to advance the development of Ebola and Marburg vaccines, with the ultimate aim of developing a multivalent filovirus vaccine. Thus far, Crucell’s research has been shown to completely protect monkeys against the virus with a single dose of the vaccine.

In September 2014, Johnson & Johnson announced that it will be working with the NIH to fast-track the development of a new combination vaccine regimen. It is composed of two vaccine components, which are based on MVA-BN technology from Bavarian Nordic and AdVac technology from Crucell. The initiation of a clinical trial in humans may take place as early as 2015.

15. Bavarian Nordic
Bavarian Nordic (BVNKF) is concurrently in preclinical testing on a multivalent vaccine that protects against the two major strains of Ebola (Zaire and Sudan) as well as Marburg. The company is also in discussions with the NIAID to accelerate the development of this multivalent vaccine into a clinical Phase 1 study in the next 12 months.

A recent study, conducted under NIAID’s vaccine preclinical services program, demonstrated proof of concept for a prime-boost regimen of two vaccines based on Bavarian Nordic's MVA-BN technology and Crucell's AdVac technology respectively. Results from the study show complete protection against the highly virulent Ebola Zaire species. Planning is ongoing to accelerate the development of this combination vaccine regimen with the initiation of a trial in humans, anticipated in 2015.

16. Sihuan Pharmaceutical
Originally funded by the Chinese military, Sihuan Pharmaceutical (SHPHF) has partnered with the Chinese Research Academy of Military Medical Sciences (AMMS) to help push an emergency antiviral military drug called JK-05 through the approval process in China. Sihuan is China's third largest prescription drugmaker and was spun off from the military as a standalone unit in 2001.

Last week, Sihuan announced it was preparing for clinical trials in Africa and could test the drug on African Ebola patients. The company supplied several thousand doses of its Ebola drug JK-05 to the region. Although proven effective in preclinical trials, JK-05 has not been used on humans.

17. Immunovaccine Inc.
Immunovaccine's (IMV) vaccine DPX-Ebola was developed in collaboration with the NIH/NIAID. NIH/NIAID provided the antigen and Immunovaccine formulated it in its DepoVax technology. Immunovaccine's DepoVax technology tested well in an Ebola virus challenge study performed by the NIH/NIAID late this summer (August). In the study using cynomolgus monkeys, which were particularly sensitive to the Ebola virus, all vaccinated subjects survived exposure to the lethal dose. All unvaccinated control animals succumbed to the disease. Based on this efficacy, Immunovaccine is working with the NIH/NIAID to ramp up studies of DPX-Ebola for 2015. New data are expected to support advancing DPX-Ebola into human studies. - See more at: http://www.biospace.com/News/ebola-...me-players-in-the/350579#sthash.KQPlJZEK.dpuf
http://www.biospace.com/News/ebola-clinical-trials-big-name-players-in-the/350579

idiit

Veteran
Anti-quarantine nurse Hickox was trained as intelligence officer by the CDC

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/047444_E...ickox_intelligence_officer.html#ixzz3HedCpK5X

NaturalNews) Nurse Kaci Hickox, who has made headlines over the last few days by refusing to quarantine herself after returning from the Ebola front lines in Africa, turns out to have been trained as an "intelligence officer" under a two-year CDC program modeled after the U.S. military.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/047444_E...ickox_intelligence_officer.html#ixzz3HedJkm1i

As you can see from the document below, Hickox graduated from a two-year CDC intelligence officer training program in 2012. This is the same nurse whose LinkedIn page was recently scrubbed to hide her ties to the CDC, an agency that stands to benefit tremendously in both political power and budgets if an Ebola outbreak sweeps across America.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/047444_E...ickox_intelligence_officer.html#ixzz3HedV6LhL

Just as with the U.S. Army, the CDC also has "intelligence officers" whose jobs include gathering intelligence, analyzing intelligence and conducting counterintelligence ops.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/047444_E...ickox_intelligence_officer.html#ixzz3HederaU1

They are the words of a CDC intelligence operative who has been trained in the art of information warfare.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/047444_E...ickox_intelligence_officer.html#ixzz3HedwfJTP

America's most important medical decisions, in other words, are right now being influenced by an intelligence operative trained by the CDC under a two-year program modeled after the military.

Are her actions and words now starting to make a lot more sense?

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/047444_E...ickox_intelligence_officer.html#ixzz3Hee6adM1

http://www.naturalnews.com/047444_Ebola_quarantine_Kaci_Hickox_intelligence_officer.html

Skinny Leaf

Veteran
That's an awful lot of BS in one post. Weaponized Ebola? Absurd. We have people over there fighting the disease. Are we trying to kill them too? Of the 7 Americans who have contracted it, not one has died. We have bio-weapons that could wipe out all or any part of humanity if we wanted to use them. Ebola is not killing vast numbers of people. The flu kills many, many, many times more. Is that weaponized also?
Ebola virus is 23 MILLION years old. It's not something new created by the government:

You just proved the point that the Ebola virus was weaponized. Suddenly, after 23 million years, in 1976 the Ebola virus mutates and is infectious to humans. Maybe if they are looking for a vaccine then the scientists could figure out what caused it to mutate to infect humans now, when it had been a virus infecting rodents for 23 million years. Hmmm, seems like AIDS patient numero uno was around 1978-1981, also.

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
You just proved the point that the Ebola virus was weaponized. Suddenly, after 23 million years, in 1976 the Ebola virus mutates and is infectious to humans. Maybe if they are looking for a vaccine then the scientists could figure out what caused it to mutate to infect humans now, when it had been a virus infecting rodents for 23 million years. Hmmm, seems like AIDS patient numero uno was around 1978-1981, also.

increased population and increased farming contributes to higher number of individuals having random contacts with animal carriers of the virus.

in the case of AIDS, I personally would be willing to buy the theory of polio vaccines having been incubated in kidney tissue of a monkey species, whether this was done knowingly or not, I don't know, but considering the background of the scientist in charge of the polio vaccines lab in Africa, who knows...

but as said before by another poster, there already are weaponized viruses far more efficient at killing than ebola...

peace and keep it not-paranoid :D

NW Wheeze

Volunteering for that one way trip to Mars is sounding more appealing everyday.

So, is this ebola thing going to play out like all the other Government 'conspiracies? Where there is just enough evidence to say "WTF, really" but not enough evidence to pin it as an 'evil plot'. We will probably never know.

I hope there is another Snowden type person that has 'the smoking gun'. There are too many questionable events that have not been explained to my satisfaction.