S

SPG.

^^^ LoLLLL Gr8 Houmer! :D
Samuel l jackson..(etc)

NC1. rofl

Last edited:

Grass Lands

Veteran
would you close america, nz, aus ect if a tiny tiny percent of a percentage of the population had ebola? no

u say this b/c of the fact it is Africa...and tbh it sounds old school racist

so now we are racist for wanting to protect ourselves...?

I could give a rat's ass less where it comes from...we don't need it here and that is reason enough to ban air travel...damn maybe you should run the CDC and kill us all...

Will you quarantine texas?

Fuck yes I would...in a fucking heart beat...

It is pure racist. Quarantining africa dooms them. Stopping the virus there is the only reasom able thing to do.

once again how is it racist for someone who wants to protect there family or fellow American...? I tell ya what why don't you just open up your doors and invite anyone who has an active case of Ebola in to your home...I bet that won't happen anytime soon...

You are no different then those who have no issue with our southern borders being flooded...oh yeah let them in...but not in my house...what a fucking hypocrite.

Catatafish

Veteran
Isn't there a form we can fill out on the whitehouse website in an attempt to get Texas quarantined?

You know the one they always fill out in attempt to secede.

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
Frontier is parking that Ebola plane at Denver International Airport (DIA) which is about 40 miles East of me and that pisses me off. Their plan is to park in a hanger for 3 weeks so the Ebola virus dies off and maybe disinfect the plane a few times. All this after they were done flying around the Midwest and South a few times. The wind blows away from me so I should be all right. If you believe the government everything is OK.

S

SPG.

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ovz_mRKjLVQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQ_5jqKFPEg"

Just seen UK's First Ebola (National) TV Programme shown at Primetime -Ebola Are We Prepared?:Tonight

IDIIT-jus' seen that pic of yours while back tracking of that guy without a Suit [amongst] folks with suits about to board a plane..?? -Whilst lookin for these Audibly Humorous^ links IMO,one is anyhow ,even tho they have altered the lyrics to "No Touchin' something dangerous" from DONT EAT THAT MEAT!!

^ On the programme a virologist/scientist guy who has been dealing with/looking at-cases since the 70's states this is NOT an Airborne Virus and is quite hard to Contract Actually only through bodily Fluids or if inc' someone Vomiting on you [etc] can you Catch Ebola [spose ya gotta EAT the vomit! :bigeye: pce wasnt thinkin lol -Injestion or an open wound..
Programme says we have 26 "equiped" beds on standby and the best health service or one of the best in the world. (depend's s'pose.. )
Nice to make some/alot of the Population Aware..
Good to show we care of each other too.. :)

[Gotta laugh on "NUKE EM!" tho =(country!). "..That i saw before"] .. lol, :D

^ ON the first Song-Link they state "Kick out of Africa" ...oh yea TO US!!-(rest of the world!) ...." V "

nah ,lol, early mornin'.. tho,keep IN Africa,i say....

Last edited:

Catatafish

Veteran
No, it was directed towards bombaycat and the ebola plane.

ebola plane should be coined by the way. perfect next to clip board guy. lol

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think that Rasputin has nailed it, both on Ebola and the idiots in the White House.

Quarantining has been used for hundreds of years to prevent the spread of disease that we aren't equipped to handle any other way. If you think that we can handle ebola here, you haven't been paying any attention - the fucking CDC told the second infected nurse to get on the airplane, they have flip-flopped on almost everything that they have said, and now they aren't even sure that their protocols or even their haz-mat suits are effective. Medical personnel haven't been adequately trained, virtually none of our hospitals are ready from either a personnel or equipment standpoint, Canada's studies indicate that airborne transmission of ebola is possible between primates (umm, we're what again?), etc, etc.

This idiotic reaction is being driven by a bunch of PC-crazed idiots that are so concerned about offending someone that they couldn't discern reality if it kicked them in the ass.

*Edit* - CNN just reported that the Pandemic President has authorized quarantining military personnel that have been working in the affected region, but still plans on no travel controls for ordinary citizens FROM there because somehow this might impact getting help IN there. You couldn't possibly make this shit up.

Incredible.

Last edited:
S

SPG.

NEWS: ..U.S Nurse facing the news she HAS the Ebola Virus.. (-a 2nd nurse that dealt with T.Duncan?)
Also OBama calls up the National Guard[

Obamas gettin' Vicious.. best way with this (to a sensible degree!?) puts real Prompt on people..

Last edited:

azmeds

Grassland, the reason it may be counterproductive to quarantine Africa, or those affected countries within, is that you lose the ability to stop the virus at it's source. It may seem counterintuitive but completely closing travel, not just air travel as that would still leave too many exit routes by land, sea, etc. open, is nearly impossible and may actually hurt our ability to track the virus. The key to making sure it doesn't become a true pandemic and global catastrophe is stopping it before it spreads to more countries with ill-prepared health systems like India and China. At least that is the thinking of many of the people with some expertise in this area.

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Grassland, the reason it may be counterproductive to quarantine Africa, or those affected countries within, is that you lose the ability to stop the virus at it's source. It may seem counterintuitive but completely closing travel, not just air travel as that would still leave too many exit routes by land, sea, etc. open, is nearly impossible and may actually hurt our ability to track the virus. The key to making sure it doesn't become a true pandemic and global catastrophe is stopping it before it spreads to more countries with ill-prepared health systems like India and China. At least that is the thinking of many of the people with some expertise in this area.

Perhaps you could explain how eliminating the fastest method of global transmission makes it more difficult to track and contain the virus, or how reducing the potential number of carriers makes the problem worse.

Certainly the best method to stop a potential pandemic is to contain it - how does reducing travel to the greatest extent possible work to spread it? These two ideas appear to be diametrically opposed.

There are supposedly well over 100 travelers from Nigeria a day flying into the US, one of whom died today after vomiting repeatedly during the course of the flight. The CDC took a few moments and declared that it wasn't an ebola victim. With their current track record, would you care to bet on how long that assessment stands? It seems to me that confining a carrier in a closed-loop environment for hours with a couple of hundred other people, releasing them into a crowded airport to first use the restrooms and then go through customs, then go on to get in a cab or bus and travel around whatever city is a damn poor method of "tracking the virus".

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts