What's new

Ebb & flo to Ebb & grow. 6/9 gh.

gmanwho

Veteran
Well lets first start off with this... or at least it seems something along these lines.

i was using a proxy server while posting to this site. My proxy server uses cookies and tracts my movement throughout the sites i visit, it has to in orders to keep me logged on or how ever it works...

Whenever i posted here, it would remember this thread address and see my cookie or whatever, and know that it was me ,the one who purchased the extended service.

Now , for some reason, when ever someone else accessed my thread or viewed my post it would ask for the log on info.

Why i dont know really 100%, i have some idea, but not certain. SO if anyone knows why please do tell.

Also this is a test, since i am not using the proxy while posting to this site. please tell me id you get the " VIP anonymous log in" screen

It is not spam or harmfull.

Please post if u get the screen. if i dont see any negative results i would like to restart the thread.

I am also wondering if it has to do with images uploaded as well.

Please if anyone get the vip log in screen, tell me and i will delete this thread..

B-safe

gmanwho

Veteran
Well its been a few days and no response's that anyone has seen the log in screen from my proxy. I did shut off a few options on the proxy and it seems to not be bothering other viewers. I also posted this issue over in the security legal issues forums as well.

With these new settings, i am gonna post some earlier photos from this grow to get the ball rolling again. As they are day 25 in now and doing veryyy well.

6/9 gh micro / bloom in veg under 24hr light, 600mh. foliar sprayed canna's rhizotonic every few days. They were about 20-22 inches tall when they went into 12/12. ph'd set to 5.4 and then re ph'd at 6.1-6.2 back down to 5.4

Ebb flo tables. Bag seed Early Pearl believed to be sensi. and a Sour diesel cut from grass roots or cmc in san fran.

Left part of the tray is sour diesel, and right part early pearl
picture.php

picture.php

Sour diesel
picture.php

Let me know people... the issues may arrise when i attach the pics. So please let me know and i'll delete the thread.

B-safe

gmanwho

Veteran
Sh, i hope it continues to work ok. It had apparently scared a bunch of people shitless thinking someone was tapping there computer while viewing icmag. So it had became an issue none the less.... So much of an issue the admins deleted this very same thread i started. So this is the 2nd thread. Im not an excellent writer or grower, but the last thread i spent hours on and it was deleted. A good amount of time was spent, and i would hate to see all this time im trying to communicate get flushed.

In anycase. here was the plan, gh, 6/9, cannazyme, floralicious, and pk boosters.

The 6/9 recipe was from a post i saw in rez's forums. It was based using coco, but i see no reason why it shouldn't work with hydro. other then the high ph for most of the grow. Head also uses a similar sced i believe.

For reference here's Rez's feeding sced he posted awhile back in his forum area

Cut and pasted.....

==The Recipe==

(All Products are GenHydro,pH at 6.0)
(All measurements are per gal.)
6ml flora micro
9ml flora bloom
5ml Floralicious (grow) (during week 3 of a 4-5week,24-on,veg cycle.)

Week 5,transition into flower-6.0 pH h20 at <100ppm

Based on 63 day 12/12 Flower Cycle:

Day 1-14
6ml micro
9ml bloom

Day 15-21
6ml micro
9ml bloom
7ml Kool-Bloom Liquid (0-10-10)

Day 22-28
9ml Bloom

Day 29-35
9ml Bloom
7ml Kool-Bloom Liquid (0-10-10)

Day 36-52
9 ml Bloom

Day 50-63 (Flush)
6.0 pH h20 at <100 ppm

Now i changed the ph's to run at 5.2 5.4 to 6.1 6.2 .

I Also have been adding 2-3 mill per gal of a zyme product.

I have also been adding Flroalicious bloom at 2-3mill per gal

Day 19 i started adding floarlicious plus at 1 mil per gallon along with pk. I did not have kool bloom liquid at the start, but i did have a few liters of bcuzz pk/13/14 lying around.

the liquid kB in the above sced called for 7mil per gal, 0-10-10, which i believe would be a total of 0-70-70 @ 7mil a gal. Pk 13/14 is 0-13-14, 5 mill a gal puts me at 0-65-70. Close enough i figured.

Since im running a 65 or so day strain, I also extended the day 1-14 to day 1-19 before i started the pk boost.

I have had EXCELLENT growth with no def throughout so far.

Pics to follow

B-safe

gmanwho

Veteran
This was the first run at a flood table for me. I ran dwc a few years back and i wanted to step away from the chillers and all the air pumps, basically all the areas for things to fail. So far, i can say, i have beautiful plant with such ease.

I Was looking to go the lucas 8/16, or the flora nova bloom at 8 mill a gal, but i then saw the rez formula. I like the addition of the pk boosters which the lucas 8/16 or the 8 mill fnb route does not allow really, or i haven't seen the sced around. You could add pk i guess. lately i want simplicity.

the plant changes what she consumes throughout. I feel the 6/9 with pk gives me the flexibility, proper nutes, and still somewhat of a simple sced to follow.

I never ran gh before, But i heard the same thing, and read the same thing, and untill recently tasted bud that i KNOW came from GH"S Flora nova series. I've read it was abit sub par on taste, and i can say that after trying the same herb from multiple grow methods, it was a little subpar on taste. But clean.

After all, its not the nutrients that make the desirable taste in the smoke, thou it can have a negative effect for sure. its the oils from the plant that make the taste. A Happy environment, happy genetics, happy nutes will all hopefully produce happy oily stinky great tasting plants. This is another reason why im trying to add the organic floralicious bloom and floralicious plus to the mix, improve the taste area. I have had nothing but positive experiences with humic & fulvic acids, and with the sea kelp as long as they where kept in lower doses. So i hope the floralicious plus & bloom do there thing and help create the oils i am seeking.. or at least something to this effect i like to think.

Enough babbling. Here's the 12 in the ebb & gro buckets, 2 600 eyes, 4x8 area, day 14, and then 2 add on trial buckets on the end. 14 total buckets. CO2 at this time was at about 1000-1200ppm.

Pruning is key in my eyes. i want that energy going to the main colas and not the popcorn.
picture.php

early pearl side. Hurt ass Ep's in coco on the left and right.
picture.php

picture.php

EP pic with some stem bruise from supercropping
picture.php

Sour diesel side
picture.php

had more pics but they weren't focused to well.

Taking more tonight, day 25.

B-safe

gmanwho

Veteran
day 25

day 25

High all, hope people are checking in, cause these are some healthy plants.

day 25 from 12/12, very happy, I usually see this trich coverage an site size at normally day 30-35 with my coco's. So im ahead of things I feel, for a change. :joint:

Day 6 on this rez, 6/9 , zyme, floralicious bloom, floaralicious plus. 5mill per gal of pk 13/14. Probably bringing this rez to day 29 of flower. which would make it 10 days on the rez.

water has been solid at 5.8 for the past days. PPM has rose to 1400 due to water consumption. So far I added back 5 gal of straight h20, and 3 gals from the dehumidifer(RO). I am due to add another 10 gals of h20 tommorrow.

So, with tomorrows h20 add back to get to the 40 gals back in the rez. they have drank 18 gals of water in 5 days.....:yummy:

Been foliar spraying bio boost @ 30 or 40mill per gal every 2 or so days, and started adding 2.5mill per gal of snowstorm to the foliar spray as well.

first up the Early Pearl side. Some of my photos acutually came out decent this time.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Things are finally getting exciting. tomorrow ill post up the Sour Diesel side, which have bigger sites then the EP's.

Thanks for checkin the thread out.

B-safe

gmanwho

Veteran
Sour diesel pics at day 25.

picture.php

Some small signs of heat stress from the lights hitting those back leaves. other wise temps are maxxing 85. 45 ro.

picture.php

Gorgeous pic
picture.php

picture.php

Just after a quick foliar feeding, so you may see some wet leaves.

:woohoo:

B-safe

gmanwho

Veteran
HIGH all.

Well first off not a bad first run. ended up having a few issues with my drain pump catching air and not draining the buckets. for how long is unknown really. they were drinking very well and it seems like at day 35-40 they stopped drinking water, from then on they never really swelled up and my final #'s where ALOT lower then expected.

But decent run non the less. added some floralicious + to the mix, as well as cannazyme. started flush at day 53 or 54 like rez sced says.

They sour d's wanted more N after i dropped the micro in week4. next time i will add the micro at 3mil per gal and see how it goes.

Another round is under way

In all they did ok, but not like she should have.

All should be ok with the vip log on as i am not using the proxy to post pictures.

Let me know otherwise.

Early pearl day 65.

B-safe

CovertCrops

Looks like they came out alright despite the issues :) Sorry to hear about your drain screwing up. Everything seemed to work ok with your proxy as well. Good luck on your next run.

gmanwho

Veteran
Covert nice to hear from you. Hopefully i have the drain all situated. My controller box was slightly uneven toward the opposite side of the pump. So the water levels where abit lower at the drain pump in the controller. I shimmed the controller and took a small length of the hose off of the pump as well.

the drain hose connected to the drain pump was like 1/2in to long. the hose had the pump pinned to the side of the controller and then slightly elevated the pump off the bottom of the controller bucket. the pump would drain the controller and then catch air and stay on untill next fill cycle. For how long im not sure really. Then the next drain cycle the air pocket created from before would prevent the pump from working.

I also scrapped the fill pump in the rez. And went with a larger 1000gph or so sump pump from harbor freight or lowes. The anti syphon fitting connected to the fill pump would decrease the pressure in the line and " sometimes " i caught the controller not filling. U need the anti syphon fitting inline. SO i increased the pump and put a valve inline to decrease the output of the pump some.

With the increased pump size, it was making " waves " in my controller bucket when nearing max fill levels. The water was entering the controller with force, Then the waves where causing the float switches to cycle to early. Therefore it would cycle on and off 15-20 times before it reached max height in the controller.

After i added the valve and adjusted, it slowed the wave action in the controller. Now it may cycle 4-5 times before it reaches max level.

In some of the previous pictures you can see its a stadium type setup. I had the lower level the ebb &gro setup with 2 gal buckets. And last run i had my hand watered coco on the top tier.

I went an purchased another ebb & gro controller and set it up on the top tier. BUT, i built the buckets buckets myself. I went with 1 gal black buckets from the dollar store. As for the size of plants im running i think 1 gal buckets will do just fine.

Now the controller bucket from cap is designed for 2 gal buckets, which are a little taller. So the float switches inside the controller are set at levels for 2 gal buckets.So i had to modify the controller bucket.

Instead of drilling holes and moving the top float switch i did 2 simple things. Which i think i should post a simple thread showing others how to get the controller to work with smaller buckets.

Anyways, 1) i raised the buckets 1/2 to 5/8ths or so with pieces of standard plywood. its what i had.

and 2) i took a synthetic cork from a wine bottle and zip tied it to the top max fill float in the controller. the cork is attached & placed so it at the lowest possible point underneath the original float. Works like a charm.

will throw up some pics when things are moving along.

take care all an B-safe

CovertCrops

Shakedown runs are always fun, huh? Nice job on the custom engineering. Def throw some pics up. I had considered doing buckets but I found that tables make better use of my space. How are you liking the vertical bulbs?

gmanwho

Veteran
Shakedown runs are always fun, huh? Nice job on the custom engineering. Def throw some pics up. I had considered doing buckets but I found that tables make better use of my space. How are you liking the vertical bulbs?

Ya ...First runs are always interesting, way to keep u on your toes. I love the bucket in buckets it allows alot less rez to cover a bigger foot print. Or i could top feed. Atleast for my situation it seems the best way at this point. It Also allows for a stadium setup possible.

Liking the vertical bulbs. 600's the heat is manageable bare, thou 1000's run noticably hotter. i ran the 1000 vertical and bare bulbed and it was way hot, had to cool tube it.

In all i like the vertical bulbs. vertical seems to go hand in hand with making a stadium or coliseum grow possible.

If u havent already, you REALLY SHOULD check out the "vertical an coliseum " section in the growers forums. That section really has changed my perspective on flat hooded grows.

Just Waiting for some action. The Canopy is filling and roots are searching.

***** And another note. I really believe that i should veg in these buckets prior to they go into the flower room. the plants are in either 2" or 5" nets coming from a flood table prior. I then place the net into the bucket at 12/12.

I feel that if i could veg in the same bucket about 15 days before they transplanted, the root system will thank me. Happy and established roots equall happy bountiful plants. I have everything else in line. i think this would be a noticable positive improvement. Guess im off to the dollar store........

B-safe

D

DHF

Hey G......The reason your plants didn`t swell as much as you`d liked is due to not using reflectix on the walls and ceiling catching all the sideways and bouncing lumens for maximum watts per sq ft......Your stadium-type grow`s not wide enough for your bare bulbs to be further down between the plants on the floor while providing ample light for the second tier from the sideways blast........You`ve GOT ta make your grow area an "air-cooled reflector" if using vertical bare bulbs or you`re just pissing away most of the useable-sideways light causing sub par plants..........You`re using the area in the basement under the front porch and it`s not wide enough for a stadium grow .....A horizontal canopy with vertical bare bulbs was your first mistake but if you could spread the bottom buckets out and drop those lights you`d see improvement and swellage come choptime.........Bare bulbs don`t project much downward penetration so that`s why you haveta spread em out and drop the lights where the bottom and 2nd level will get all the sideways light needed for proper penetration/swellage......50 watts per sq ft will make yas happy............Any less will give more airy/fluffier results.........Good luck Bro and getchas sum reflectix @ Lowe`s/Home Depot...........DHF........

gmanwho

Veteran
Hey G......The reason your plants didn`t swell as much as you`d liked is due to not using reflectix on the walls and ceiling catching all the sideways and bouncing lumens for maximum watts per sq ft......Your stadium-type grow`s not wide enough for your bare bulbs to be further down between the plants on the floor while providing ample light for the second tier from the sideways blast........You`ve GOT ta make your grow area an "air-cooled reflector" if using vertical bare bulbs or you`re just pissing away most of the useable-sideways light causing sub par plants..........You`re using the area in the basement under the front porch and it`s not wide enough for a stadium grow .....A horizontal canopy with vertical bare bulbs was your first mistake but if you could spread the bottom buckets out and drop those lights you`d see improvement and swellage come choptime.........Bare bulbs don`t project much downward penetration so that`s why you haveta spread em out and drop the lights where the bottom and 2nd level will get all the sideways light needed for proper penetration/swellage......50 watts per sq ft will make yas happy............Any less will give more airy/fluffier results.........Good luck Bro and getchas sum reflectix @ Lowe`s/Home Depot...........DHF........

I think I hear you, and i see what your saying about the bulb not being low enough for the lower tier making a horizontal canopy. I see now what you mean. And now i think im gonna go get 2 parabolic reflectors.

The buds where not fluffy at all. just not as large as i've grown them before.

My walls are only 4 ft or so there. and i cant spread the buckets if i want to run the 2 tier. I think hanging the light vertical under the parabolic reflector is my answer.

Another thing is i need to shorten my light track.

I just replaced my bulbs to.

Thanks for your input and what do you think about adding the parablic reflectors? for my situation i believe its my best option.

B-safe

D

DHF

I triedta edit that post but somethin`s up with my connection to the site cuz after trying 3 times the screen just froze up and it bunched all my sentences together and went back to the original post...............

They make parabolics where you can hang the socket vertical G ,but I`m concerned they`ll haveta be set too high ta catch your second tier of plants ,and that`ll compromise the bottoms of the flat canopy causin popcorn fer sure, so I still say if yas cover the walls and ceiling in reflectix it`ll go a long way ta help yields and bud size..............

The only thing I can figure about yer nugs being dense enough with a horizontal canopy, is that your killer bottom trim/cleanout of all the flarf allowed enough lumen penetration ta catch the deepest/furthest budsites ta allow maximum swellage......

Those bare bulbs aren`t on a mover now are they ?........If so that answers how the bottoms hardened up with the angular penetration from the bulbs moving back and forth , if not then that might be a better solution than the parabolics that`ll trap and store heat cuz yas can load that 2nd tier up with more plants if that`s ableta be done using the bare bulbs movin back and forth.........

Anyways.........A light mover and reflectix on everything that ain`t green is my 2 cents worth and 2 parabolics is bout the same cost as a mover and rolls of reflectix but it`s your call Bro........

Just tryin ta help.......Not tryin ta be a knowitall.........Good luck G........

Peace....DHF....:joint:

noreaga

I would definitely hit up the reflectors OR put some type of poly over the wall just to bounce back every last bit of light @ those monsters..Room is lookin so bangin you got that bitch crammed to the max! some lifesaver(white grape pheno) i wanted to show ya
38405931.jpg

stay high
nor

gmanwho

Veteran
I triedta edit that post but somethin`s up with my connection to the site cuz after trying 3 times the screen just froze up and it bunched all my sentences together and went back to the original post...............

They make parabolics where you can hang the socket vertical G ,but I`m concerned they`ll haveta be set too high ta catch your second tier of plants ,and that`ll compromise the bottoms of the flat canopy causin popcorn fer sure, so I still say if yas cover the walls and ceiling in reflectix it`ll go a long way ta help yields and bud size..............

The only thing I can figure about yer nugs being dense enough with a horizontal canopy, is that your killer bottom trim/cleanout of all the flarf allowed enough lumen penetration ta catch the deepest/furthest budsites ta allow maximum swellage......

Those bare bulbs aren`t on a mover now are they ?........If so that answers how the bottoms hardened up with the angular penetration from the bulbs moving back and forth , if not then that might be a better solution than the parabolics that`ll trap and store heat cuz yas can load that 2nd tier up with more plants if that`s ableta be done using the bare bulbs movin back and forth.........

Anyways.........A light mover and reflectix on everything that ain`t green is my 2 cents worth and 2 parabolics is bout the same cost as a mover and rolls of reflectix but it`s your call Bro........

Just tryin ta help.......Not tryin ta be a knowitall.........Good luck G........

Peace....DHF....:joint:

they are on a light mover. And i have access to 4 parabolics if i want them.

I think my idea is to hang the bulb vertical under the reflector, but lower then normal under the reflector. So i will get the top reflection back downward. and my walls are bright white.

think my idea is to hang the bulb vert, but like 10+ inches down from the reflector. only way to tell is when i install them tonight.

Between my multiple fans blowing in different directions i dont think the heat under the reflector will be an issue. But theres only one way to tell, install them.

Will post up a pic or 2 in a few days.

thanks for the ideas & b-safe

gmanwho

Veteran
NIce lifesavor nor. bog really got me stoked back in the og days. hope to one day soon to run some bog genetics.

The walls where painted with killz paint, bright white. the killz white is probably more felective then the bubbled insulator refectix or poly. the ceiling is sealed and painted white as well.

You think it's its maxxed, nope, not yet. just got more 1 gal buckets to install. the 1000 vert in the back corner is 30 days off the ebb& gro system. Post #7, first pic, all the way in the back you can see them.theres 6 2 gal buckets on that table. i am building a shelf on 3 sides in there about a foot up off the table. can probably add another 8-9 1 gal buckets in there.

Got those reflectors yesterday. rebuilt 2 of them. MAN WHAT A BITCH they are to build. so bulky and ockward, then to bend the refector blades to line up the holes then push the screw threw, shit, with 2 hands.

Anycase, back building.

Bud13, thanks,an to think i have bigger an better plans for these next rounds.

B-safe