What's new

ebb and flow questions.

that will work with hydrotron to, i just seen more problems, with ph and drain cloging or screens over drains. with just baskets it hasnt been to bad, but roots are wanting to come out of pots, just gave them coco, to help them spread. my tray compltly dries out. and with spots that dont move water in hydrotron build up sluge. and i think thats why i had problen, im testing this tray by the way. ill put picks of of main grow room later. its all hydrotron and rockwool, no baskets.

main grow

main grow

here it is, the tub, is exparimental. custom made. works awsome. lol thought about doing custom trays for peeps. that is proto type. this one, has no clear coat on inside. but can add it. just testing alum hold up to nutrants. but can build these trays cheaper then ya could buy plastic one, and valves built into tray, no drilling, and buying them. just hook hoses up.

lol like the dimond alum. this tube for the manly grower hahahaha.
this my 1st batch of clone's from Posi Haze-sour deasels.

Last edited:

Wonderon

Nice table, I have been watching your other post on whether it would work. Looks awesome man, good luck I hope it works out for ya. I wonder if piles of lava rock around the pots only would work and still be relatively easy to keep clean. That way you could concentrate a little more grow room around the plants and still keep the rest of the table clean. Only thing is the lava rock may or may not hold enough water to keep the roots wet enough. Just a thought while I am :rasta: .

lava rock is a good idea, i know with tub full of hydrotron, there are what i call dead spot, were there is a build up of sediment. and i think these are the causes of ph problem. maybe putting lava rock in corners, might incress flo to these areas. cus its bigger then hydrotron. which would leave bigger open spaces between rock. i might have to test that one. the other tub, is p's idea. well see how it runs. poly coating should take care of corosion.

well guys i think the coco, and baskets are the way to go. havent had to touch the ph in a week. stays right at 5.8 ph. the hydrotron id set it at 5.8 before work, and it would be like 7.9-8.3 when i got home. plus im mixxing half distiled water and half tap. that might help with makeing it more stable.

phatnuggetz

im with yahama fan, i use a bed of hydroton to cover the roots, although its a problem if you need to spray underneath the leaves. I start with net baskets and vegg for about 3 weeks, once the roots start to get close to getting stuck, place them were you want them for the last time and bury them in hydroton. I use House and garden aqua flakes, its very high quality and affordable. If i were you, I would use a airstone, it keeps your nutes fresh. I run my system full strength nutes for 6 days then pure water for 2 days, it has worked great for me. good luck!

i have a 3 foot air tube in tube when on flow, plus powerhead in res. spining at 250gph, keeps it mixxed up good.

air good for roots so i put around pots in flow. helps nut, and plants in one shot, i flo for 15min 4 times in daylight hours

Last edited:
update....haveing no problems with ph....

Posi Haze 8 days in flower...

Sour Deasel 8 days in flowering...

top of garden...

think i like this setup, might add 2 more trays..well see come harvest....

yup

yup

showimage.php

Last edited:
update

update

heres day 22 flower Bordello (Blackberry Apocolypse(nebus) x Alexis) was told it was posi haze but just found out diffrent. looking good.
think i got the setup down

PICT00poo02.JPG

heres the Sour Deasels. ill try to get better shots in a day...

PIyteCT0006.JPG

S

statictattoo

Heres what i do instead of a airstone in my rez,

The pump I bought was way to powerfull... i fixed it by cutting some holes in the line.. now water sprays out into the rez airraiding and mixing my nutes :joint:

Oh also I think having your ph sit at one number is not a good thing, from what i gather, the plant needs different ph levels to absorb different things... you want to to flux from 5.8 - 6.0 then put it back down to 5.8... just my two cents

Last edited:
you got it

you got it

lol i got a pump in my res to, doing same thing, your on the money with the ph, mine runs from 5.8-6.4. i do run air stone and tube, in tub with plant when flooded. thought it might give roots a little O'2. pluse the fizz from bubbles puts nut mix in air to help with feeding leafs..
Good 2 cents by the way...

works good

works good

works real good, roots spread under it nice, good up grade to tub, i allso have air stone in tub with flo on.
heres update on grow.....
Day40flowert0019.JPG

Day40flowert0020.JPG

Sour Deasel getting nice and fat....
Day40flowert0017.JPG

My bordello looking vary yummy and close to harvest....
Day35flowert0018.JPG

Day35flowert0010.JPG

T0011.JPG

ill try to update soon.................