What's new

EasyRyder Smart pot 400W HPS

Zendo

It does take a while for the buds to fill out. I let mine go just over 60 day as i was impatient. I could of left it atleast another week or 2.

I picked one of my LR#2 at about 60 days, not out of choice, and while it was too early, the smoke was decent enough on it.

I plan to let these finish completely, whether it takes 75 days as advertised or longer. Thanks again for posting those, I love seeing what I have to look forward to.

Zendo

Day 40

Day 40

Ok, another weekend, another update, and another issue.

Four of the five are now giant, and the other is about 18" and a bush at 29" at it's widest point. The tallest of the others is 29", with the others 1-2 inches shorter.

The "claw" situation seems to be cured on all plants, except for 1, which is either getting worse, or the exact same..That plant has some BRIGHT orangeish yellow spots on the leaves. One of the other plants has them as well, but not as severe. If anyone has an opinion, that would be great.. I am guessing that from using the blended dolomite lime instead of using the powdered, I shorted myself, and I'm having either cal/mag issues from that, or PH issues from inadequate buffering?

I'll post them in infirmary as well.

D4sh3y

Hey man those easy ryders are lookin nice!. Ive got 3 goin right now, one is huge like an auto ak with 4 main colas, and 2 are small and look just like lowryder 2's lol. looks like you got a few of the larger phenos, good luck on your grow ill be following with interest :)

Dirt_McMaster

Hey Zendo - From what I read, I understand this is your second grow. It looks great so far. What is your general cultivation knowledge source? ie. ask ed?, cannabis culture mag, high times, a knowledgeable friend, this website, outdoor garden? It seems if you stumble upon success in your first grow, you may continue to stumble upon success for a number of grows.
Plenty of props though.
- Dirt

boxedgoods

Zendo looking good,
i have 2 easy ryders @17 &15 days under 1 300watt cfl first time grow so watching yours for any help i might need

re9volt

Sorry everyone!! I have not been able to post to my account, as I did the dreadful sin of trying to change my email address associated with my account, so I've been locked out for the last week.

I have to log in from a friends account in order to post this update, so my updates will be less frequent.

To any mods, please restore my account username Zendo. I have emailed multiple times, and received no response.

If I get no response guys, I will be moving my grow journal to another site, and I'll update here when that is done.

That said:

Today is day 48, and things are looking pretty insane.

4 of the 5 easy ryders are 35-36" tall, with the shortest being 27":yoinks:.The shortest plant is a BUSH, and has about 200 flower sites on it.

The following pictures are from the last few days, and the one with the measuring stick is about 6 days old, as that plant is now over 36". So much for 40-70cm?:dunno:

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_04 Mar. 01 08.59.jpg
    ScreenHunter_04 Mar. 01 08.59.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 13
  • ScreenHunter_03 Mar. 01 08.58.jpg
    ScreenHunter_03 Mar. 01 08.58.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 15
  • ScreenHunter_05 Mar. 01 08.59.jpg
    ScreenHunter_05 Mar. 01 08.59.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 14
  • ScreenHunter_02 Feb. 25 09.02.jpg
    ScreenHunter_02 Feb. 25 09.02.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 13

blackone

Veteran
Nice man - 35 inch ryders that are filling out beautifully! Very nice result - still 5 gallon containers?

re9volt

Transplanted into the 5 gallon smart pots around day 14 or so.

They apparently love to stretch out in these. I would recommend anyone growing EasyRyder (or probably any auto for that matter) to grow in at least 3 gallon, but 5 gallon preferred.

If space isn't an issue, why sell yourself short.(no pun)

The second batch of Easy's are about 2 weeks give or take a few days behind, and are around 17" each, ...and growing.

blackone

Veteran
Nice - you transplanted and still they got that big? That's great news - could you sex them by then also?

re9volt

Black- No , transplant was done a few days before expected sexing.. It took a few days longer than my lowryders which were in the 17-21 day mark as advertised. They seemed to stall for 2-3 days after the transplant.No sign of stress or problems, but stalled.

Then, they sexed around day 24..25.. and then went nuts!

blackone

Veteran
Nice - sounds like you could optimize a little by repotting when they show sex and trade in any eventual smaller per plant size for a larger female count (because you can start many plants in small containers before removing males and runts and potting up)

re9volt

Nice - sounds like you could optimize a little by repotting when they show sex and trade in any eventual smaller per plant size for a larger female count (because you can start many plants in small containers before removing males and runts and potting up)

If the beans weren't feminized, that would totally be the way to go. With the autos, I knew I wouldn't have the time or resources to do a seed run, so I purchase Feminized only. I also have a specific plant count that I have to maintain for a medical grow, and I don't want to be continually wasting 20 days per plant to sex, trash, and refill that plant spot.

This way, I can plant five, wait 30 days, plant 5, etc..

Zendo

**GOT MY ACCOUNT BACK**

I wouldn't recommend anyone changing the email address associated with their accounts..It took 13 days to get back into my account.

Anyway.. just a 'LIL bitter about that..

Day 55, plants are looking well. The first 5 are filling in with buds, and leaves are getting frosty. Should be 20 days left, give or take whatever is needed.Four of the five are now 35" with the bushy one at about 30".

The second set are catching up, and are about 30" tall.Not 100% on those as it's been a week since I've measured them.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

S

SexInTheCity

great great great work i got 50 masterlow on day 12 and they will be looking around the same as yours by day 14....i transfered into 3L today though...great work lookin forward until the end hope the ladies serve you well in harvest ^__^

Bighill

nice looking for sure. I also transplant my auots after sexing, i've never had issues with it. They aren't even root bound by 14 days.

Beer cups straight to 2 gals bags for me.

Can't wait to see the harvest Zendo.

Bh.

Zendo

Day 60

Day 60

At day 60 now on the first five, and a few weeks behind on the 2nd batch.

Second batch is now as tall as the first, at 36". Some of this is due to stretching from having only 1 400W HPS, but they clearly thrive in 5 gallon smart pots.

Probably 10 day window left on the first group for adding 'nutes', and around 70 days will be switching to only plain aerated EWC tea, and plain aerated RO water.

Guessing these will be pulled around day 80, but we'll see. They'll go until they are done, either way.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts