What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Easy method for old beans

Janborrego

Premium user
420club
A friend of mine inherited hid grandfathers bean collection after he passed. Some of these strains were dated 1960. He figured out an easy way to sprout them. I had some c99 X NL I was having trouble with I tried it last night and this morning they have started to crack with little tails. Here is what you do. (I posted a pic of the items used.)

Ok here you go you take a vile and add seeds and h202 hydrogen peroxide half full and shake between finger tips for 30 seconds pretty sturdy not too crazy. Drain and add very warm water to seeds in vile and shake for 15 sec and rinse them out then add warm water again to vile almost to the top leave room for the next two ingredients. Take h202 and add 1% of how much water is in there or i just do 1-2 drops it comes out fast you only need 1% of your solution. Then take the Neptune’s Harvest
IMG_3553.jpeg
and add the same amount as the h202 1%. Finally add just a few grains of the Silica to the vile. And thats it. Now shake for a good minute in your fingers but not so hard back and forth. Mix that up let it penetrate the seeds then tighten then cap then place this little vile into your 3rd jeans pocket. I usd my bra. No jean 3 rd pocket. He popped seeds which are bad ass LAVENDER KUSH but he placed them in this solution at 8:02 am and at 3pm. 6 from 14 popped so far and already in rock wool. I tried it last night and more than 50 percent were already had tails. I tried germinating these seeds 4 times already. NL is one of my favs and c99 I have always wanted to try. I will start a thread on these stubborn seeds or maybe I will just add it here. They there will be proof it works.
So very excited.

Janborrego

Premium user
420club
M
Hopefully Jan, my experience with tiny tails ain't good.
In fact they normally stall out and get pitched.
Hope it pans out for ya
Me too. I could not even get them to crack. He put his in rock wool they sprouted and are thriving. I don't have rock wool. I used paper towel. I will update this thread as I grow. I just need 2 a male and a female I will make more. I have like 20 in the paper towel half have tails. 10 would be great but I will settle for anything at this point. I was gifted about 200 or 300 seeds. I was told they were very old and would need Luck to get them to pop.

OleReynard

M

Me too. I could not even get them to crack. He put his in rock wool they sprouted and are thriving. I don't have rock wool. I used paper towel. I will update this thread as I grow. I just need 2 a male and a female I will make more. I have like 20 in the paper towel half have tails. 10 would be great but I will settle for anything at this point. I was gifted about 200 or 300 seeds. I was told they were very old and would need Luck to get them to pop.
Make sure they hit the freezer first, Jan.

Janborrego

Premium user
420club
That would be the warmth and moisture causing the results you will probably get the same results using just water my bet.
I could try it but I soaked the other beans for days. I kept changing the water and it was in the warmest room in the house and nothing. I tried for like 2 weeks then gave up. I put these last night and we had tails this morning.,

Janborrego

Premium user
420club
Thank you for posting this
Yw. I knew someone would like to try it like I did. The beans I soaked with that method popped in about 6 or 7 hours. I have to still get them to grow. I put them in a damp paper towel, then a ziplock and into an oven mitt after seeing tails. I will update when I plant in a day or two. After I will document the entire grow. I am thrilled they even opened at all.

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I'm always interested in methods like this as I've got seeds that won't sprout and il never throw them away as new methods like these pop up over the years.

Fingers crossed yours actually grow on past tails and you can make some more seeds from them.

Janborrego

Premium user
420club
Yes I checked on them last night and they look the same. I think I will try again and soak them longer. I got do excited I took them out a bit early. I usually soak my beans 24 hours. 6 or 7 hours was premature. They have not closed but they have not finished opening either. I am not giving up. This is a strain I need in my life.😁😁

Janborrego

Premium user
420club
I ordered the Neptune's harvest I will try again soon. The ones in the paper towel look the same. So they cracked then nothing. I want to try exact directions and see if there is a difference.

Janborrego

Premium user
420club
I have been trying to germinate these seeds since I git them in Aug or Sept last year. I tried directly in soil I tried soaking them I tried even them with stratification. Nothing helped until I tried this. If the dude had not given me enough beans to plant and feed my chickens as he put it. I would have burned through my beans already. I even sent some to another friend to try this method he makes seeds all the time hopefully he will get some to pop then return me a few if he is successful. I am also going to try to make fresh beans. It is a great strain. I need this strain in my life.

Janborrego

Premium user
420club
Well what do you know. The first one I planted came up after the second one. 2 in one pot. With any luck I will have one of each and will make me some seeds. The first one came up on the 27th. The second one came up on the 2nd of April. The first one I must have planted her deep it took like almost 2 weeks to come up. Maybe the Mykos worked its magic. I don't know. I am inside and used new soil. This was my second try as the one I planted on the 14th did nothing. After a week I started over. With the same strain and tried again. The first one came up the 27th. Then on the 2nd of April I checked and found this. I am very pleased. When I up pot I will use a 5 gal pot. I hope I get one of each. I can hardly wait to see what they do.
image.jpg