What's new

East Coast Elite Smokers

tetragrammaton

Veteran
I want to first state, I have nothing against anyone from the east coast, nor do I think I am any better. More fortunate in this case, yes, but not better.

It has been my experience time and time again with smokers from the east coast.

I have family in NJ and visit yearly. The variety and quality is grade a. In my opinion, from what I've experienced, it can stand up to Cali weed and in most cases seems to be cured longer.

With that said, it is expensive. Smokers there are happy paying 20 every day for .08 bags, as well as paying 400+ for oz's. When I visit, I don't complain, I pay the price. When in rome do as the romans do.

Here's the problem. I am from the Midwest, where there is an abundance of weed from all over. All qualities of Mexican, from seedy shwagg to stuff you'd swear was grown indoors, all qualities of Canadian, an increasing amount of medical Cali, as well as many hippy commnunities locally that produce some of the best. Also, this is farm land, perfect weather and miles of nature, a recipe for the best weed, lol.

Anyway, back to my point. In my experiences, if I mention wholesale prices of weed in my area, I am laughed at, and they honestly think I am making it up I guess to be cool.

For example, they don't believe ounces can be procured for less than 400, the fact than oz can be procured in my area for less than 200of equal quality makes me a liar. They don't understand wholesale prices, and even there, their wholesale price breaks are very small.

They don't believe that a qp can be procured for less than they pay for oz's. They then verbally attack me, lol.

I then explain to them the east coast has the higest prices in the country and again, they don't want to listen.

I know that if I lived in Cali weed would be more abundant and cheaper. I know that in Mexico I can get weed for insanely low prices. I know in southeast asia, it's even cheaper, less than a dollar a gram.

Just because I haven't experienced being in those countries, I don't doubt all the experiences I've heard and read. I don't call the mexicans liars, lol.

Have any of you experienced similar attitudes from east coasters?

To clarify, I'm sure all are not like this, especially those from other areas, but the ones born and raised seem to all doubt.

Here's an example. Over the holidays I smoked with my cousins friend and added him on facebook. I also bought some blueberry off of him while I was there. we seemed to get along.

when I got back to my home state he messaged me on aim and asked what was up. I said "nm, just got a quarter of some white widow for 50, you?" and he replied with something like "yeah fucking right. why do you lie?"

Those are just East Coast Dumbass Noobs, not everyone here thinks you need a high price to have good weed. The shit here is a complete ripoff and sucks balls for the most part. It's commercial watered down genetics with the price of something youd get in Ca with 5x the potency and quality, not to mention the amount of time cured. And when you mention it to the 20 something year old noob selling it, he throws a tantrum and tells you he's doing you a favor and takes it personally. Fuck! lol!

tetragrammaton

Veteran
Yeah the haze I've had the last few years in NJ has been premature and wet. It used to actually be amazing. Last december I did have some OG Kush and Gdp that smelled and tasted better than the same strains I got in Cali.

tetragrammaton

Veteran
Even guys from California are way more humble than east coasters.
A year or two ago I smoked some local Sour Bubble with a kid from oaksterdam here for college and he openly admitted it stood up to the $70 dollar 8ths at SR71, and it was 100 a half here.

I want to first state, I have nothing against anyone from the east coast, nor do I think I am any better. More fortunate in this case, yes, but not better.

It has been my experience time and time again with smokers from the east coast.

I have family in NJ and visit yearly. The variety and quality is grade a. In my opinion, from what I've experienced, it can stand up to Cali weed and in most cases seems to be cured longer.

With that said, it is expensive. Smokers there are happy paying 20 every day for .08 bags, as well as paying 400+ for oz's. When I visit, I don't complain, I pay the price. When in rome do as the romans do.

Here's the problem. I am from the Midwest, where there is an abundance of weed from all over. All qualities of Mexican, from seedy shwagg to stuff you'd swear was grown indoors, all qualities of Canadian, an increasing amount of medical Cali, as well as many hippy commnunities locally that produce some of the best. Also, this is farm land, perfect weather and miles of nature, a recipe for the best weed, lol.

Anyway, back to my point. In my experiences, if I mention wholesale prices of weed in my area, I am laughed at, and they honestly think I am making it up I guess to be cool.

For example, they don't believe ounces can be procured for less than 400, the fact than oz can be procured in my area for less than 200of equal quality makes me a liar. They don't understand wholesale prices, and even there, their wholesale price breaks are very small.

They don't believe that a qp can be procured for less than they pay for oz's. They then verbally attack me, lol.

I then explain to them the east coast has the higest prices in the country and again, they don't want to listen.

I know that if I lived in Cali weed would be more abundant and cheaper. I know that in Mexico I can get weed for insanely low prices. I know in southeast asia, it's even cheaper, less than a dollar a gram.

Just because I haven't experienced being in those countries, I don't doubt all the experiences I've heard and read. I don't call the mexicans liars, lol.

Have any of you experienced similar attitudes from east coasters?

To clarify, I'm sure all are not like this, especially those from other areas, but the ones born and raised seem to all doubt.

Here's an example. Over the holidays I smoked with my cousins friend and added him on facebook. I also bought some blueberry off of him while I was there. we seemed to get along.

when I got back to my home state he messaged me on aim and asked what was up. I said "nm, just got a quarter of some white widow for 50, you?" and he replied with something like "yeah fucking right. why do you lie?"

I believe you, honestly it is too expensive here. I don't really sell much of what I grow because cats out here will try to talk stupid to you to get some shit. But yeah they'll pay 20 and sometimes 30 for less than a gram sometimes. Let them.

tetragrammaton

Veteran
Then they suggest stupid shit to me such as, "fine then, bring a qp next time" as if I'd risk felonies driving through 5 different states just to prove smething to them. and then they think that if i did take that dumb fucking risk that they'd be able
to then get it at the price I paid when it's the same quality as theirs.

I told them, come out here and see for yourself. fucking dumbasses

teddybud

spreadin da love
Veteran
well on the east coast the lower the price is the more the name of the seller gets around and then the 5-0 wants them...

and you have to know where to get it from.. I have never payed that much and I'm on the east coast... yall just don't go to the right people.. we are more tight nit.. so if we don't know you on the east you aint gonna get a nice price... thats just how it goes.

tetragrammaton

Veteran
Yeah like I said, Im not complaining about the street prices, Im
complaining about the fact that alot who haven't experienced prices more than 50% lower than what they pay, not believing you. Not accepting the reality that in other parts of the country weed is drastically cheaper.

I said in my first post, I don't complain about prices when I'm there and I don't talk any shit either about their prices to them.

Miss Blunted

Resident Bongtender
Veteran
They get taxed outrageous prices and are stupid and rich enough to pay for good weed that will go for $300 here, not $400. I WISH we could see some great weed in my state for $200...not that way yet, hopefully down the road as medical reaches more and more people we will see zips of good weed for less.

tetragrammaton

Veteran
Yeah, to clarify, in my state, the extreme price breaks usually start at QPs and it all depends on who you know. For instance it will be cheaper if you get it from a guy who gets large amounts (multiple lbs), rather than people with smaller amounts.

Obviously if you try to get large amount from an oz guy, it will be hundreds more than it would be from someone higher up.

People on the east don't get such extreme price breaks, with lbs rarely over a G, therefor they don't believe it's possible. They are happy and used to paying 20 for less than a gram so I guess the thought of all that wasted money frightens them so they deny it's possible.

SuperSizeMe

A foot without a sock...
Veteran
The price is what the market will bear....plain and simple.

Now do you want to continue to bash the player, or recognize the game ?

There's a real simple solution.

:moon:

R

ratingsthe

Honestly, you can't generalize everyone who's smoking or purchasing weed, but there is a general group of people who fall in that category that you're talking about all across the nation, from east to west. I see it in my area too, and I don't live on the east coast.

It doesn't have to be weed, if anyone gets a better price on something of course others will be envious because they want to save money too.

One thing I see time and time again is the guy who wants to brag about how well connected he is and how low the prices are, that's a big no-no.

G

guest121295

All I can tell you is this...there just isn't enough weed around to meet the demand, let alone weed that's any good. I am however an east coast elite smoker and havn't bought a bag in 20 yrs, but I sure do see lots of people tossing junk around.Take a ride on a scallop dragger for 36hrs and see what you'll be smoking!!!:)

Govinda

I can get QPs for 1200 in Tennessee and that's about the best deal I can hook up. Recently found a guy doing 350 an O and that's fucking rare.

Why I'm growing my own now, just gotta wait for harvest.

tetragrammaton

Veteran
and this post wasn't directed towards any east coast growers, they know weed is cheap to grow, this is strictly about the kind that don't accept
that in other parts of the country weed is way cheaper. they call you a liar when you weren't even bragging, just simply stating fact.

I also said in my OP that im sure
not all east coasters fit.

Again, I am NOT complainig about east coast prices, I gladly pay them.

I am complaining about how they can't accept that other states have cheaper weed. They get defensive, which some are proving on here. They take it as some subliminal insult. They can't imagine getting anything over a gram for 20.

I admit, for those who can't relate it may be hard to
believe, but get over it.

We all grow don't we? then what's the issue?

this wasn't about prices, this wasn't about quality. it was about ignorance.

SuperSizeMe

A foot without a sock...
Veteran
Yeah...that's pretty fucked up you can't a decent price for the mid-west weed...

Must be the cow-shit

:moon:

ZEROorDIE

its all about who you know. and weed in the city is more expensive

i pay 20/g for some of the dankest dank but you dont really get a discout or to even negotiate the price when all youre buying is a gram.

i can get OZs and QPs for good prices and i dont bother with any middies or mexican shit. lots of beasters and lots of nice headies from local guys and as far aways as cali. like i said its all about who you know

this is in MA by the way. ive found that CT, NY and NJ get ripped off like fuck. boston is a little on the expensive side but its a center of college students and they all got mommy and daddys money.

VT and NH and ME are avg to cheaper especially on the beasters. but they Local grown doesnt travel out of state much, which sucks as those hippies grow some bomb herb

I

Iron_Lion

I just read something the other day that said manhattan and boston are in the top 4 highest weed price cities in the country.