What's new

Easiest way to make hash! Quick Wash ISO!

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
WTFQWISODIDIDO

WTFQWISODIDIDO

I am trying to figure out if screwed up my first QWISO attempt. So I will detail what I did and then give some pics of my results.

I started with two new 1 quart jars that I washed and dried. I used a new coffee filter, Melitta natural brown unbleached paper. I put what would be about 3 to 4 grams if it was dry into one of the jars and added enough 99% ISO to cover it and shook the jar for 20 seconds. I dumped it into the jar with the coffee filter and let it drain until it was dripping. I removed the ring, lifted the filter and tilted it to one side and let it drain a little more. I dumped the filtered liquid onto a glass plate from a microwave and put a fan blowing across the plate to evaporate off the alcohol. Look at my results and let me know if it looks normal to you. I am kinda freaked out about smoking it, looks weird man.

This is what I started with. It is from my GHS Cheese plant that is 1 to 2 weeks away from being done. The branches are getting too heavy to hold themselves up and a couple had broken and in my experience this plant will not heal when it gets breaks. Yes it is seeded, don't ask, it shall be for another thread I will post once this run is done.

picture.php

I did two runs using the steps above.

20 second shake, is this white crap normal?
picture.php

40 second shake, same same
picture.php

20 second shake close up, weird stuff man, is it ok?
picture.php

20 second shake scraped up, looks like something evil I have seen before
picture.php

40 second shake scraped up, same same
picture.php

I took a small amount of the scrapings from the 40 second shake and heated the bottom of the glass pan and melted it and looks normal after being melted
picture.php

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
I am trying to figure out if screwed up my first QWISO attempt. So I will detail what I did and then give some pics of my results.

I started with two new 1 quart jars that I washed and dried. I used a new coffee filter, Melitta natural brown unbleached paper. I put what would be about 3 to 4 grams if it was dry into one of the jars and added enough 99% ISO to cover it and shook the jar for 20 seconds. I dumped it into the jar with the coffee filter and let it drain until it was dripping. I removed the ring, lifted the filter and tilted it to one side and let it drain a little more. I dumped the filtered liquid onto a glass plate from a microwave and put a fan blowing across the plate to evaporate off the alcohol. Look at my results and let me know if it looks normal to you. I am kinda freaked out about smoking it, looks weird man.

This is what I started with. It is from my GHS Cheese plant that is 1 to 2 weeks away from being done. The branches are getting too heavy to hold themselves up and a couple had broken and in my experience this plant will not heal when it gets breaks. Yes it is seeded, don't ask, it shall be for another thread I will post once this run is done.

picture.php

I did two runs using the steps above.

20 second shake, is this white crap normal?
picture.php

40 second shake, same same
picture.php

Hm
20 second shake close up, weird stuff man, is it ok?
picture.php

20 second shake scraped up, looks like something evil I have seen before
picture.php

40 second shake scraped up, same same
picture.php

I took a small amount of the scrapings from the 40 second shake and heated the bottom of the glass pan and melted it and looks normal after being melted
picture.php

Yep, looks good man, scrape it up and smoke it! :)

G.O. Joe

Veteran
It could be THCA, some low-boiling plant wax, or a mixture of both. I got both, and separated them from each other, when I chemically extracted THCA a few months ago.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Right on man, my wife likes the dry scrapings like that (she calls them pencil shavings) too, oil is nice but it's such a pain to handle. Here's one of 3 pans I scraped up last night, got 36 grams in total:

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
Right on man, my wife likes the dry scrapings like that (she calls them pencil shavings) too, oil is nice but it's such a pain to handle. Here's one of 3 pans I scraped up last night, got 36 grams in total:

Yeah I was thinking the dry shavings would be easy to deal with. Damn that is some nice looking oil. How much material did you start with to get 36 grams?

kingdome

got me salivating so I made some

got me salivating so I made some

used like 6-10 grams I didnt weigh it of Ogiesel (SFV Og X Giesel) and came out with this!

was 91% iso, gets me too speedy and noided out lol, have to be a zen state before hitting this...:dance013:

Attachments

• DSCN1425.jpg
    DSCN1425.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 10
  • DSCN1437.jpg
    DSCN1437.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 12

rimbaldi

grained into a powder to consume in joint?

grained into a powder to consume in joint?

:tiphat:

hi all, great tread!!! 2 Questions for you all

1:did any one ever traied to take the "glass" shaped oil and grained it into a powder? i dont like pipes and bungs and it seams a great way to mix it with a joint.

2: Any ideas in how to make the process for the end product will hava as little smell possible?

Tnx , enjoying and learning , and sry for my English...

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Yeah I was thinking the dry shavings would be easy to deal with. Damn that is some nice looking oil. How much material did you start with to get 36 grams?

I usually get 2.5 oz of oil out of 1# of dried trim, gonna try using wet frozen trim (fresh) next, the weights will be goofy cuz of that.

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I usually get 2.5 oz of oil out of 1# of dried trim, gonna try using wet frozen trim (fresh) next, the weights will be goofy cuz of that.

Hi ya'll!

Ya'll owe it to yourself to experiment! On average, I get about 18% (up to ~25% oil return on bud, down to about 7% on leaf.)

Bon appetite!

I

Indian Culture

This seems like a great method, I'll have to give it a try sometime with my next harvest!

Panoramical

Just read all 33 pages. I think I know what I'll be doing with my trim at harvest.

99% ISO just purchased. Thank you fleabay!

apanihi

I do this with my vaporizer tube as well, keep running alcohol through it and it collects so much, warm it u and you end up with a pretty decent amount.

The best part is that I've smoked maybe 100+ strains through time and when I collect the oil inside the vaporizer tube, the hash ends up being a mixture of so many different cannabinoids, when smoked it's freaking amazing.

I use a little caviar jar to dip my buds in when I need a bit of extra potency because I'm burned out from just regular bud and it wont cut it without a bit of dip :)

catcherintheye

Ive done this, no agitation, with an oz of white berry trimmings, five gram yield was ridiculous however after fully melting in a bowl you can see there was some trichrome stalk plant material in the oil (i used a screenprinting screen to filter) fail, but if its not yellow i really dont wana smoke it.

The stuff buddered into a powder that was soo easy to handle, but it just smelled like generic hashoil amberglass and tasted worse, even after weeks of drying and curing.

The flavor of iso imo will never dry, cure, or purge out of a resin even after months, you can tell iso was the solvent used and it leaves a nasty flavor kinda minty. to each his ow, much respect, ill have a dollop of bho please. the yellow crystal clear kinds, thanks.