What's new

Earth Juice Users

FinestKind

Been AWHILE, thought you got busted, glad to see your still a freeman.

I never did get into the MB but knowing you, yes your over using it..

If needed it will be fine in a tea.

Heh, thanks Tac... no jail time for me, just been real busy, and kind of in a "holding pattern."... Hmm, maybe I will try once every three weeks or something. Or maybe only if there's actual signs of deficiencies?

I also bought a gallon of the General Organics Ca/Mg... any suggestions for usage with this? (As far as frequency of use.)

By the way, I'm reusing my Pro-Mix this round, mostly because I was too lazy to drag it out into the woods through 3 feet of snow. The EC initially was 1.0, so there *shouldn't* be too much of anything in there, although this is part of the reason I asked about the Microblast- I don't know if there was an excess in there from last time. Wish I had a way of analyzing my soil down to the micronutrient content on a regular basis!

FK

wingdings

Veteran
Hi guys:wave: I used to strictly use ej liquid nutes with good success. Now I amend macronutes into the soil, still use microblast tho. I seem to use it every 3 weeks. I didnt add it once for 4 weeks and got an iron def.

S

Space Ghost

do you think their high-brix 0-0-4 molasses would be any better (or worth the money) compared to a more conventional black strap?

I use ej bloom for my flowering ladies, but for veg i dont use ej grow because i found a cheaper solution that works just as well...

here is the product of ej bloom and 22 days of 12/12 (and some very nice genes)

picture.php

do you think their high-brix 0-0-4 molasses would be any better (or worth the money) compared to a more conventional black strap?

I use ej bloom for my flowering ladies, but for veg i dont use ej grow because i found a cheaper solution that works just as well...

picture.php

Hey this looks great!! Can you tell us a little more about your setup? Watt/Sq Ft and EJ Tea Recipe? I have been brewing mine every 2 days. My garden is around the same time frame as yours, but your flowers look slightly larger.

Scrappy4

Veteran

]

The high brix is a very nice product, well worth the money. Split a gallon with a friend, it will last forever and it's cheap.....scrappy

S

Space Ghost

thanks guys, I really don't want to hijack the thread and get off topic, so i'll be brief: 2K, 1khps and 1kmh in an approximately 5x8' area

My feeding solution consists of 1/2 tbsp alaskan fish emulsion 5-1-1 (very light application) 1 1/2 tbsp ej bloom and some epsum salt and I'm thinking of adding the 0-0-4 molasses... I don't brew it, i just measure strait out of the bottle into de-chlorinated h2o and apply, seems to always work fine for me...

If you have more questions about my grow, they can be answered in my thread in my sig...

EJ microblast is another fine product of theirs ive used...

S

Space Ghost

today I went to the grow store looking for the ej high brix molasses, they didn't have it so I improvised and got a bottle of meta-k and got a bottle of unsulfured organic molasses at the grocery store.

I gave them a solution of de-chlorinated water and the molasses at the rate of two teaspoons/gallon I'll hit them with the meta-k next feeding....

What is the proper rate of application for full flowering plants with molasses? did I over do it?

EDIT: I looked up the molasses apps and it seems like 1teaspoon/gal every few waterings sounds about right....

Last edited:

quiescent

Quick question about the use of Microblast... do you guys use it every tea? It says on the bottle "Every 2 to 4 weeks"... I am wondering if there is any chance I have been overfeeding with the micros...

FK

I use it at 3-5 ml/gal almost every watering, 8/10 of my last waters in flower had microblast in it, 4/10 had Gen Organics CaMg. Make sure you're adding your MB or other chelated minerals before adding the rest of your nutrients.

I don't know if I am over doing it, but I currently run about 1tbs/gallon of the EJ Hi Brix and my girls haven't shown any issues....I have been running about 1tbs/gallon of the bloom as well and I think I could be adding another .5tbs or more - Plants just love it. No signs of any leaf tip burn, etc....I water every 2 days and feed every watering. I bubble every batch too....It starts foaming like crazy after 24-36 hours. I have to keep the nutrient reservoir in another container to catch all the foam once it starts blowing over the top. It can get messy :)

today I went to the grow store looking for the ej high brix molasses, they didn't have it so I improvised and got a bottle of meta-k and got a bottle of unsulfured organic molasses at the grocery store.

I gave them a solution of de-chlorinated water and the molasses at the rate of two teaspoons/gallon I'll hit them with the meta-k next feeding....

What is the proper rate of application for full flowering plants with molasses? did I over do it?

EDIT: I looked up the molasses apps and it seems like 1teaspoon/gal every few waterings sounds about right....

Your picture of your flowers speaks for themselves!! I think whatever you have been doing is great, so adding the meta k and molasses is going to be icing on the cake!! Gooooo EJ!! haha.

FinestKind

I use it at 3-5 ml/gal almost every watering, 8/10 of my last waters in flower had microblast in it, 4/10 had Gen Organics CaMg. Make sure you're adding your MB or other chelated minerals before adding the rest of your nutrients.

Huh, interesting, as I have been adding it just before watering (after the tea has brewed for 2 to 3 days,) with the idea that the aeration could knock the iron out of solution (which is what it says on the back of the Botanicare Cal/Mag+ bottle.)... could you explain why it should be added first? Thanks!

I just got me a gallon of the GO CaMg too... should this be added first as well? (Is it chelated?)

FK

quiescent

Huh, interesting, as I have been adding it just before watering (after the tea has brewed for 2 to 3 days,) with the idea that the aeration could knock the iron out of solution (which is what it says on the back of the Botanicare Cal/Mag+ bottle.)... could you explain why it should be added first? Thanks!

I just got me a gallon of the GO CaMg too... should this be added first as well? (Is it chelated?)

FK

I've always added my micronutrients before adding my base nutes and additives. When I bought my RO unit... that I still haven't hooked up, yet.... my shop owner, whose expertise I value, told me to add my micros before anything else. I explained I already did that with tap water and she went on about the minerals bonding with the water before the rest of the nutrients get introduced into the solution. I reminded her that I have only bought guano, perlite, rooters, pots and EJ/GenOrg products in the last year. She said it all works the same way, I'm inclined to agree at this point.

I've READ the same thing that iron falls out... no iron deficiencies and I'm growing larger, older plants so if it were true I feel I'd have had a deficiency by day 45 of 12/12. BTW I'd stop messing with that calmag+ from botanicare if you want this to be anywhere close to "organic", it contains EDTA as far as I know.

Yes GO CaMg+ is a chelated mineral nutrient and I add that at the beginning as well.

Here's a tea I brewed about a week ago.

To about 25 gallons of tap water bubbled for 24 hrs I added (in order)
1 gallon EWC
1/2 cup EJ Microblast
1/2 cup GO CaMg+
1/2 cup Silica Blast
1/2 cup EJ Grow
1.5 cups EJ Bloom
1.5 cups EJ Hi-Brix
1.5 cups EJ Catalyst

I bubbled this for 8 hours before feeding to the plants

EDIT: I looked at my bottle of GO CaMg+ and it didn't list anything that screams "I chelate shit", I thought it might be the "fermented molasses"... did some research and it turns out that straight molasses has some chelating power on its own. When fermented it makes 2 or 3 more acids on top of whats already present in molasses to begin with. Some pretty interesting stuffs.

FinestKind

I've always added my micronutrients before adding my base nutes and additives. When I bought my RO unit... that I still haven't hooked up, yet.... my shop owner, whose expertise I value, told me to add my micros before anything else. I explained I already did that with tap water and she went on about the minerals bonding with the water before the rest of the nutrients get introduced into the solution. I reminded her that I have only bought guano, perlite, rooters, pots and EJ/GenOrg products in the last year. She said it all works the same way, I'm inclined to agree at this point.

I've READ the same thing that iron falls out... no iron deficiencies and I'm growing larger, older plants so if it were true I feel I'd have had a deficiency by day 45 of 12/12. BTW I'd stop messing with that calmag+ from botanicare if you want this to be anywhere close to "organic", it contains EDTA as far as I know.

Yes GO CaMg+ is a chelated mineral nutrient and I add that at the beginning as well.

Here's a tea I brewed about a week ago.

To about 25 gallons of tap water bubbled for 24 hrs I added (in order)
1 gallon EWC
1/2 cup EJ Microblast
1/2 cup GO CaMg+
1/2 cup Silica Blast
1/2 cup EJ Grow
1.5 cups EJ Bloom
1.5 cups EJ Hi-Brix
1.5 cups EJ Catalyst

I bubbled this for 8 hours before feeding to the plants

EDIT: I looked at my bottle of GO CaMg+ and it didn't list anything that screams "I chelate shit", I thought it might be the "fermented molasses"... did some research and it turns out that straight molasses has some chelating power on its own. When fermented it makes 2 or 3 more acids on top of whats already present in molasses to begin with. Some pretty interesting stuffs.

The one difference for me (as far as Iron precipitating out) may be that I tend to bubble my teas for 2 days before use... this gets my pH to the low 6's. That being said, I'm willing to give it a go!

Yeah, I only use the Botanicare for non-organic stuff these days (house plants and what not), mostly because I have a gallon of it and need to use it up somehow. The GO was only available at my shop very recently, and only because I put a bug in his ear about it. Guess not too many people are growing organically in my neck of the woods.

Thanks for the info!

FK

Hey guys I'm getting some new plants from a friend who needs to get rid of them. They are 2ft plants in 3 gal pots filled with a soil called bm6 by a company called Berger soil I believe, he's been using advanced nutrients grow A&B. They will be transplanted to 15 gal smart pots with a mix of fox farm soil an amendments. My question is should I flush the old soil before transplant? Will the old soil kill my living soil an ACT's ? I've never had to go from non organic to Organic before so I don't want to mess it up. Thank you for all advice. Nomeste

Scrappy4

Veteran
Hey guys I'm getting some new plants from a friend who needs to get rid of them. They are 2ft plants in 3 gal pots filled with a soil called bm6 by a company called Berger soil I believe, he's been using advanced nutrients grow A&B. They will be transplanted to 15 gal smart pots with a mix of fox farm soil an amendments. My question is should I flush the old soil before transplant? Will the old soil kill my living soil an ACT's ? I've never had to go from non organic to Organic before so I don't want to mess it up. Thank you for all advice. Nomeste

Truth, the transplant will be stressful enough, i would not add to that, by flushing. The roots will be in your choice of soil soon, I guess you could not claim "organic" statis though, if the original soil was not, if that makes a difference....scrappy

Latest posts

Latest posts