What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Early Pearl

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I am looking to breed with this genetics, free open air pollination as well as Hybridize and possibly stabilise EP, I was looking for advice on what I should be expecting from these seeds.

They are 40 years old as a breed and have been gardened by some 'legends' but there is little info on the variety..

I'd like to hear all your Early Pearl stories and see your pic's from back in the day.

I'm really interested in early catalouge listings with descriptions and the whole aspect of the history and pedigree of the line.

picture.php

what_can_there

This is Early Pearl, back in 2005. She was ready on the first week of Oct., with nice long buds and lots of resin. I had them indoors too, uniform plants, sativa background for sure. It's a good variety, easy to maintain, very tolerant.

picture.php

corky1968

Veteran
Early pearl is one plant that always interested me.

The ones I grew had hot pink pistils.

I'm going to try again with them in 2017.

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have grown out too many bish bash bosh jobs from the new wave of breeders. It's all variable shite.

The plants I want to grow these days are those that look as if they are from another planet. Bred by folks with 1/2 a brain and who know what science they put to work.

That's basically how I work now. I look amongst all the negatives for a positive.

Pink pistils sound cool.. Never seen that before.

Uniform growth.. I like that trait.. Not seen it in a while from so called pure lines..

Easy to maintain.. I like that too, pampering for a bitch isn't me..

She needs to pay her own way and do her bit towards the bills or else she gets pimp slapped into the dustbin..

corky1968

Veteran
Pink pistils sound cool.. Never seen that before.

Well now you have.

Sorry about the bad quality of this pic. But you can see the Hot Pink pistils if you look good.
This picture was taken on Sept 8, 2009 at 46° N. As you can see she's can be a pink lady.
I didn't do a lot of work and just planted them in a mossy spot as you see all around.
The ground was mostly clay.

I know if a person gave an Early Pearl more attention it could be a very big plant.

picture.php

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
Early Pearl = Premature Ejaculate! my old lady knows all about it, but she is not a fan. lol

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice plant Corky.. Pink is what I am after now ;) The pink lady looks good, definatly pink, must be a special 'Dominant' trait that then.

corky1968

Veteran
Nice plant Corky.. Pink is what I am after now ;) The pink lady looks good, definatly pink, must be a special 'Dominant' trait that then.

It must be a dominant trait. Look at the last two pics of the Jamaican Pearl in this post.
Jamaican Pearl is an hybrid of Early Pearl with a Jamaican plant.

Jamaican Pearl

Gizmo

i will not trust sensi seeds breeding skill, i choose the early queen from mr nice seeds, its in my opinion a better choice than early pearl and better than early skunk too but still have EP in his pedigree.

a few pedigree of related early strains:

Early Girl = Afghani x Mexican Sativa
Early Pearl = Early Girl x Polly (Polyanna; Californian Sativa ’70s.)
Early Skunk = Early Pearl x Skunk #1
Early Queen = Early Pearl x Early Girl x Super Skunk

Last edited:

Bud Jones

When I was in Amasterdam Adam from THSeeds said he had beans from the parents of Early Pearl.. Called it Pollyanna .. Don't know if this helps .. Peace ..

corky1968

Veteran
When I was in Amasterdam Adam from THSeeds said he had beans from the parents of Early Pearl.. Called it Pollyanna .. Don't know if this helps .. Peace ..

I wish I could get these Pollyanna seeds.

That's an old Californian sativa I believe.

I know for a fact that is was crossed with the Early Girl to produce the Early Pearl.

Bud Jones

I wish I could get these Pollyanna seeds.

That's an old Californian sativa I believe.

I know for a fact that is was crossed with the Early Girl to produce the Early Pearl.
Correct ... Email Adam somehow .. He may still have these .. He was going to sell them privately to me .. Wished I would have lol 😳

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Great input folks, excellent stuff. I really like the pics and the seed bank catalouge snippet.

I'm going to put these Early Pearl in dirt tomorrow and see how things progress..

corky1968

Veteran
I just dug up a closer pic of either the same or another Early Pearl that was grown in 2009 for you all. :tiphat:

picture.php

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking good Corky.

Think I'll just claim the strain name PINK PUBE'S right now before anyone has anymore ideas..

corky1968

Veteran
It would be insane if a person could create a strain that would also possess hot pink calyxes. :woohoo:

A solid hot pink bud would be like candy to me. :)

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
I grew them long ago ..cant remember the outcome but I must not of been impressed. Might even have a couple seeds still.....yeehaw..I bought all the early named strains once...

Mate Dave

Propagator
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I can't see them being poor. Maybe it's not like later stuff. The bit I don't like the sound of is the hermaphrodite tendencies if grown @ 12-12..

The rest I can live with..

Corky.. That pink hue to the resin I have seen it in strains.. Purple kush has indigo and violet resin when burst. It has a grey shimmer though on the plant.

I bought 7 gramms of pink kush in the Grey area once because it looked the best bud in 50 samples. It was pink had the pink and more pink. Even tasted like a Tutu :biggrin:

I think if you cross it to Cheese you will get some throwback purple in the calyx. Cheese is a strain with noteable low density pistils, unlike plants with 'furr balls' so not sure how it will play out. All cheese crosses I have seen have the blond type pistils that fade to shades of orange..

Latest posts

Latest posts