What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Early Durban, Skunk #1, Apollo 11 g4, and Guerrilla's Gusto outdoors!!

tokeAcola

For my first guerrilla grow I've got the following strains growing under the stars this year: Apollo 11 g4 and Skunk #1 freebies have been outside since 4/16 after vegging in the safety of my home for about a month. I'll be putting the Early Durban and the Guerrilla's Gusto outside after the summer solstice. I haven't decided wether or not I'm gonna give 'em an early start because I've had to shut down all my indoor projects due to security reasons, so I may just sow the seeds outside.

Has anyone grown any of these strains outdoors - or indoors? What can you tell me about your experience? What exactly is the Guerrilla's Gusto? What is Durban Poison crossed with to make it "early" (its from the Flying Dutchmen)? Is it a good idea to plant after the summer soltice, or should I plant a couple weeks before to give 'em some veg time? When is the summer solstice? Why don't I know these things already?:D

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

btw - if you don't see it on the left side of your screen, I'm in Texas.

When I get a digi-cam I'll post some pics and keep everyone updated on their progress. :D :cool:

Last edited:
G

guest123

hey buddy , yes ive grwn some guerillas gusto , it didnt really like the tropical conditions here and showed a few hermies , i did get a nice plant that developed some tight nuggets , but i found the smell and taste as well as stoned to be lacking a little for my likeing anyhow ... it was sposed tto be an indica but i didnt think so with what i saw and there was quite a bit of variation in plants , it didnt seem to like the heat .... the others i cnat really comment on ... hope ive helped ..

tokeAcola

Hey, wally. Thanx for your input. We'll see if those gusto's can take the Texas heat! If they don't turn out, I'll just have to order some bubble bags and see if I can't make some bubble hash.:cool:

tokeAcola

Well its been a while since I've been to this thread so I thought I would give everyone an update, even though not much of one.

My cousin (the only human that knows I grow - and he lives about 4 hrs. away) and I went out to my grow plots yesterday to check on my plants for the first time since I put them out on 4/16. Now I picked this spot because there's alot of nice different color green vegetation all around. They're growing in a ~200 acre abandoned cattle ranch so there are no big trees, just various types of overgrown grass and brush and MJ look-alikes ranging from about 1' - 7' tall. Well after about an hour of wandering about in the Texas sun and saying "man, I know they're around here somewhere!", I finally gave up. Maybe the rabbits and other pesky f*ckers got to 'em, :mad: or maybe I just couldn't find 'em. There's been plenty of rain lately so I've felt no need to check on them until yesterday. I'm hoping that I just overlooked them and in a few months I'll surely be able to find them, or at least smell them!

The Early Durban seeds that I was going to put out have gone to my cousin - he wants to try to grow, too which I think is pretty cool! He knows rule #1: Don't Tell Anyone!!! And I can help with the rest. Unless he screws up, I'll still be posting their progress here.

I'm sending 7 of the 15 guerrilla's gusto to an OGer who asked for some seeds as well as 7 Skunk #1 freebies and the last of some old Mexican shwag seeds that I've had laying around for a while.

The remaining 8 out of each pack will be scattered out around my original plots, but this time I'm going to draw a map or drive surveyor's stakes in the ground a little ways away from them to give me some kind of a checkpoint.

I know this is a long and boring post, but thanks for reading anyway.:D

-- tAc

Last edited:
Yo tokeAcola, goodluck growing guerillastyle man! I've grown the skunk1 freebies outdoor last year. They did well outdoors here in Holland so it must work in Texas. I only had some minor spots of budrot when I harvested because of rain and cold that kicked in at the end of september and catarpillars in the buds :mad:. But after cutting those dirty parts away, drying and curing it turned out to be a tasty weed, good for a day time smoke as it isn't really strong. I had many phenotypes in the freebies and I've found that the purple one was the most tastiest after a long cure.

Ras Chinki-I

tokeAcola

Hey, Ras. Thanx for the reply! I hope that I won't have to deal with any mold or budrot issues. It's really hit or miss around here as far as the weather, but I'm hoping that it'll be nice and dry.:D I'll be keeping an eye out for the purple ones! Good luck on your roof top grow!

stoner 13th

im growing durban poison right now- i know that plain Durban flowers a lot earlier than the poison. not sure where to get them though.

tokeAcola

Hey, Stoner. I've seen your grow thread at OG. I think the early durban is supposed to finish around Oct.? Or Sept.? I don't know for sure, I gave those to my cousin so I'll have to ask him to look at the breeder pack for me. Good luck with yours.

tokeAcola

Well, I guess it's time for yet another update.

The Early Durban that I let my cousin grow have all died. :( Yes, it's a shame, I know. I knew he'd kill 'em - well, ok, I didn't know he'd kill 'em or I would've grown 'em myself! But, anyway, they're all dead. He put them in a cup filled with cheap soil - no perlite or anything added and the soil turned rock hard and now they're all dead. But that's enough of that.

The Apollo 11 g4 and the Skunk #1 seemed to have been munched by them damn rabbits! :mad: I was really looking forward to that A11g4, too. :(

The 8 Guerrilla's Gusto seeds are still sitting safely in my seed stash box along with about 8 more skunk #1's, so all is not lost as of yet. I'll be putting these out as soon as I find a nice spot for 'em. I have recently moved about 3 hrs away from where I used to live so it might take a little while for me to get acclimated to the area and put these suckers in the ground.

Well, my first year of growing outdoors isn't looking to great. So far everything that has been put in the earth is dead. :( But I must move on and learn from my mistakes and there is still hope for a good harvest. Thanx for looking!

Latest posts

Latest posts