What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Early Christmas Gift

tetragrammaton

Veteran
A friend stopped by earlier with a very generous, selfless, and unexpected early christmas gift.

This is some of the most unique bud I've experienced in my life. When I asked him what strain it was, he told me he didn't know, it was a gift to him and he gave me half of it. #blessed

Anyway, it was grown indoors but has a very distinct bud structure, and huge calyxs'. That's not what makes it stand out. This smells like nothing I've ever experienced before in Cannabis. It smells EXACTLY like a cup of hot chocolate. No other detectable smell. It doesn't even smell like cannabis.

As for flavor, the first thing I noticed was pinecone-esque followed by chocolate, and then with a hint of something sweet almost like maple syrup.

I packed a bowl, took note of the flavor, took about two more hits, forgot to finish the bowl (I'll do that after posting), but I felt it almost instantly. Very euphoric, relaxing, and "comfortable". Noticeable cerebral effects as well, such as visual distortion (objects looking closer than they are, or further away than they are). Definitely a hybrid, and definitely grown from a feminized seed, just no clue what, as I don't know the grower who gifted it to my friend who in turn gifted me half. To me, this is perfect for depression, stress, and just to relax and zone out doing whatever you're doing. I type very fast and usually this would have taken me less than a minute to write, but I've been zoning in and out and have been on this tangent for about 15 minutes.

Without further ado, here are some pics. One showcasing the size of some of the calyxs', one an upclose quasi macro (still figuring out my new camera) and another birds eye view of my gift.

I'm super thankful, and also super stoked to experience a scent and flavor that I've never experienced before, after 14 years of daily smoking I've smoked a lot, and never smelled anything that was chocolate and nothing else. This is well cured so I'm not sure of how it smelled when growing?

P.S. Can someone inform me on how to get my pictures to show within the post, instead of just attatchments that people have to click on to see at full size? It's probably easy, but I've been away for forums for a long time.

P.S. no. 2: It's been about 30 minutes since the first three hits, and extreme hunger is now being experienced. Great medicinal strain with well balanced positive aspects of both indica and sativa (ie, no paranoia heartracing from the sativa side, and no narcotic couchlock, just pure comfort).

Attachments

• 20191223_005156-0.jpg
    20191223_005156-0.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 61
  • 20191223_005222-0.jpg
    20191223_005222-0.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 55
  • 20191223_005410-0.jpg
    20191223_005410-0.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 56

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Now how are you going to tell the difference between buds grown from a regular plant vs. a feminised plant?

tetragrammaton

Veteran
Now how are you going to tell the difference between buds grown from a regular plant vs. a feminised plant?

Very good and valid question.

Here in Chile, grow shops which are virtually everywhere selling feminized seeds from Dutch, US, and Spanish seed banks are very popular. Chile is the No. 1 consumer of Cannabis in all of Latin America, and in the past decade has seen a rise in growers, sick of paying for subpar quality.

While possible that it is a cutting passed from one grower to another, our native strains, what we call Chilensis are sativa and very low THC%,, and the import is either HORRIBLE brickweed from Paraguay, or Sinsemilla from Colombia.

Unfortunately what we feared would happen 10+ years ago is a reality here now. They don't sell "regular seeds" anymore where you have the chance to get a male, everything is all feminized.

With that said, I am 99% sure that this came from a feminized seed as that's all we have available here from Greenhouse, Sweet Seeds, Dinafem, Medical Seed Co, Humbolt Seed Organization, Buddah Seeds, and the list goes on.

The chance that it came from a normal seed and grown in Santiago are slim to nothing, due to the fact that there are seedshops/growshops in virtually every area of the city selling nothing but feminized seeds. Also, while it became decriminizlied for PERSONAL use in your own home, it is still not fully legal, even though in Chile it might as well be. People treat it like it's legal or simply don't care. You can't walk down any street in Santiago without smelling weed. And I'm talking about Santiago, none of the villages 30 minutes+ outside the city, known as "los campos", due to the nature and lack of city life, even though they are technically still in the Santiago Metropolitan Region.

My point with the last paragraph is that no one in Santiago is going to waste their time indoors (which I know for a fact this was grown) risking a male. In fact, people in Chile don't have much patience, and autoflowering feminized seeds are actually more popular than the photoperiod varieties.

Last edited: