What's new

Dysnomias 70W LED + 2x54W T5

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Updates! We are now @ day 63 of 12/12 and the end is near.

The CJ is pretty much done. probably taking her down in a few days.
<SNIP>
I have a question regarding saving the CJ. It appears that she is not among the best when it comes to making roots and I'm having really bad luck with her clones. So pretty much what I've decided to do is:
Harvest and leave a little to reveg and also take two smaller budsicles and try to root them as a very-late-flower clone which will have to root first and reveg after.

Is there anything else I could do to ensure maximum chances for the survival of this phenotype?

Regards,
Dysnomia:tiphat:

I would leave as much material on the plant as you possibly can. Maybe leaving one budsicle on the plant and just try rooting one?

Some people have luck with trimming the rootball when revegging, but that has done nothing but kill plants for me when attempting that method.

I just leave as much material on the plant as possible. I keep them in the original container and put them under daylight cfls with 24/0 (24hrs on/0 off) timing and make sure you don't overwater the plant.

Dysnomia

I would leave as much material on the plant as you possibly can. Maybe leaving one budsicle on the plant and just try rooting one?

Some people have luck with trimming the rootball when revegging, but that has done nothing but kill plants for me when attempting that method.

I just leave as much material on the plant as possible. I keep them in the original container and put them under daylight cfls with 24/0 (24hrs on/0 off) timing and make sure you don't overwater the plant.

Thanks! I've revegged once before and I did cut about 1/3 of the outer rootball and everything went well. I'm having really mixed feelings now. I thought cutting the root ball was a pretty important step in the whole revegging process ie. you trim some of the outer roots and the plant gets signals to start growing new ones. That combined with 24/0 lightning and we're on our way to new vegetative growth.

Overwatering is definitely an obstacle that needs to be hopped over, especially considering my conditions. Must have that oxygen!

Sugary.

......forgive my ignorance what is Casey Jones, hear about it all the time, no one discusses parents? Is it an old KC strain that is still around?

To my best knowledge Casey Jones was originally a clone of (Trainwreck x Thai) x SourDiesel. This phenotype I'm growing comes from Head seeds F3 that were given as freebies on the bay/boo around a year ago or so. As far as I understood, someone is taking the effort to breed this into a distinct line.

I popped 5 seeds out of which 2 germinated (they were really pale looking seeds, so I was glad at least some germinated). I ended with 2 females that were pretty different, which one should expect in a F3 generation, with one of them being a definite keeper - excellent vigor, aromas, trichome coverage and rather potent. The aromas last round were really intense sour-grape-floral-funky with spicy/woody undertones. This round the samples from day 58 are pretty nice in terms of effects but I cannot comment on the aroma as I haven't been able to detect any smells for the last 5-6 days - thank you viral infections. Last time I was able to smell the aromas, it was definitely more on the overwhelming stinky-funky side rather than floral though. The aromas will definitely change while ripening and in the jars though.

Regards,

Oregonism

It looks fuckin dank, thats my $.02, just pops right out @ you. Have to keep my eye out for it.
Right as I was typing that in early, Chemdog/Diesel flashed thru the mind, maybe that is where I have heard of it before. Very underrated!

Thanks! O

Dysnomia

Aint nothing nicer to finally sample some proper goodies!

CJ sample taken @58 days
attachment.php

Attachments

• CJ_1302.jpg
    CJ_1302.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 19

Dysnomia

So the deed is done. I'm relatively happy how things went this round considering the temperature and other factors. Definitely lots of room for improvement, as always.

Now if I could manage one round with a decent canopy we might even see some decent yields/efficiency from this cab. But I'm not complaining since the smoke is really, really nice (at least the Casey Jones is, I haven't really had proper samples of the others yet) and should hopefully last me for a few months at least.

I've already got next round seeds germinating since I can't do a proper round from clones. I chose 5x Skunk x Haze and 2x Vietchunk (vietnamese sativa x deepchunk) so I should have some pretty funky vigorous sativa flowers for next round - hopefully the LED+T5 can handle them.

Eye candy!
So this is the Casey Jones, taken @69 days of 12/12

attachment.php

attachment.php

Sticky-icky!
attachment.php

attachment.php

I was actually quite surprised how fat the buds actually were.
attachment.php

I also was pretty strict with the trimming in terms of what goes hanging and what goes into the trim for bubblehash. I've got a big jar packed full of trim/popcorn that's sitting in the freezer waiting for some water and ice and if it will turn out to be something similar to the scissor hash then oh man... That thing packs a zing that was even too zingy at times - practically no body high at all.

Continues in next post...

Attachments

• 0217_cjharvest.jpg
    0217_cjharvest.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 17
  • 0217_cjharvest_bud1.jpg
    0217_cjharvest_bud1.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 0217_cjharvest_bud2.jpg
    0217_cjharvest_bud2.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 0217_cjharvest_canopy.jpg
    0217_cjharvest_canopy.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 0217_cjharvest_trich.jpg
    0217_cjharvest_trich.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 19

Dysnomia

The galadriels came down as well. They probably would've happily gone to 80 days but with minimal added benefits.

I'm most disappointed in Galadriel #1, the purple one. She was such a star from mid flowering but she has a very weird aroma (kinda like when you cut raw potatoes with perhaps a hint of sour in the background) which is not very pungent and a pretty lousy flower structure. Almost like a hashplant minus the aroma. Her trim will be appreciated in the bubblehash I'm sure though.
attachment.php

Galadriel #2 is the nicest of the group for sure. I like the flower structure and also the aroma. overripe grapefruity funky. Also loads of trichomes on the trim and flowers. In the end I'm glad i kept her and we'll see how she will do next round in a SCROG with a longer veg and from clone.
attachment.php

Galadriel #3 was in a smaller container and looks like she leaned heavily towards the sour diesel side of the cross but is not a good representation of the genetics. I kept just the 2 very tops for smoking, the rest (not too much) went into the hashpile. The nicest aroma from the three. Kinda has this banana vibe with sour undertones. She threw 2 male flowers in the end though.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Till next time,

Attachments

• 0217_galadriel1.jpg
    0217_galadriel1.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 15
  • 0217_galadriel2.jpg
    0217_galadriel2.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 0217_galadriel3.jpg
    0217_galadriel3.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 0217_galadrielharvest.jpg
    0217_galadrielharvest.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 14

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The buds look awesome, great job!

Looking forward to seeing the next round, genetics should make it an interesting round.

Why can't you run from clones?

Dysnomia

Thank you!

Strictly speaking I can and I actually will run from clone. galadriel #2 and she will be scrogged next round. However I love variety and I've had these haze x skunks sitting and waiting for a long time.

I would have loved to run the cab half galadriel half casey but since the casey will take forever to reveg (here's to hoping she will survive at all!) and I currently have just one galadriel#2 (also going through some minor reveg growth), also I'm eager to start the crop for the summer so it made sense to pop something new.

Currently 4/5 haze x skunk have emerged from the soil and 1/2 vietchunk. I hope I wont run into either end of the extreme regarding male:female ratio!

Regards,

Dysnomia

So after 4 days if hanging the galadriels are crispy and ready for the paper bag and so it offered a chance to take some photos.

Galadriel #1 up close. What a sticky mess!
attachment.php

Galadriel #2 bottom nug up close. Really airy but I'm not really sure if I mind it that much
attachment.php

Galadriel #2 - can't wait to see how it performs next round
attachment.php

Galadriel #3 - practically ended up being calyx on a stick. Smells really nice though!
attachment.php

All of them -Not too much unfortunately. The casey is still hanging and will probably be more than the 3 combined so hopefully it will last me till next harvest. Also I have that big jar full of super frosty trim/popcorn for bubble.
attachment.php

Attachments

• galadriel_dry.jpg
    galadriel_dry.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 16
  • galadriel3.jpg
    galadriel3.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 20
  • galadriel2_close.jpg
    galadriel2_close.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 14
  • galadriel2_bottomnug.jpg
    galadriel2_bottomnug.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 18
  • galadriel1_macro.jpg
    galadriel1_macro.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 16

Dysnomia

A few dry pictures of the Casey and the 73u hash

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• cj_dry.jpg
    cj_dry.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 14
  • cj_macro.jpg
    cj_macro.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 73u.jpg
    73u.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 20

Dysnomia

Thanks!

As far as the smoke is concerned the Casey trumps everything else in the jars at the moment. Speaking flowers though, the hash is definitely in a league in its own. Both the bubblehash I made and the kief the grinder picks up after rolling a few. I further filter the grinder kief through the 110u bag resulting in a very yum melty dry sift. Not full melt though.

In any case, the new round is well on its way. Currently at 20/4 lightning regime with the main fan turned off. I manage to get temps around 23'C lights on and 16'C lights off. Smell is not an issue at this stage hence the fan can be turned off.

We are now @ 12 days since they emerged from the soil.

This galadriel got replanted a day ago and is now slowly but surely showing "normal" growth. Perhaps I can already install the screen in a couple of days
attachment.php

The seedlings look pretty good. The Haze x Skunks show much greater vigor than the lonely Vietchunk that germed. A little too early perhaps to start distinguishing between phenotypes but the 2 largest differ quite a bit in leaf structure already. Will be interesting to see how they develop under my conditions.
attachment.php

Regards,
Dysnomia :tiphat:

Attachments

• 0303_galadriel.jpg
    0303_galadriel.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 0303_seedlings.jpg
    0303_seedlings.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 13