What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

dwc with tap water, new city. full of new problems.

2months life support i was aiming at when i bought the sack. but i guess i had the atami janeco editions in mind when recalling "these should give me peace of mind for long time". but we got this: "ALL•MIX® Buy All•Mix? Find a store. What is All·Mix? All·Mix® literally does it all for you – creating the optimum environment for plants to flourish throughout the year. This heavily pre-fertilized substrate mixture emulates a rich outdoor soil with a full micro active ecosystem. And it’s been designed to have enough nutrient-fuelled power to sustain lush growth for a couple weeks, without any need to add any extra fertilizer. How to use it? When using All·Mix for the first time, moisten it with water and leave to stand for 36 hours. This gives the Pre·Mix™ active fertilizer and microorganisms inside the substrate a chance to start working their magic before the plants goes in. Keep the soil slightly warm at all times – if it’s too cool, the microbial activity slows down, which makes it more difficult for the plants to grow. You also want to allow the soil to dry out between each watering. Because, as the All·Mix substrate dries out, fresh air gets in, which helps the soil to breathe. The pH and EC values Biobizz products only contain natural organic elements rather than mineral salts such as magnesium or sulfates that you might find in synthetic fertilizers. This gives All·Mix® a high Electrical Conductivity (EC) value. And while its organic elements are impossible to measure, they do have a self-regulating system, which helps maintain the pH values at the correct level." time will tell how it will turn out. about cfls.. i take it the distance with 45w and 125w both can be pretty minimal, good old hand test should carry far? it gets hot only if i almost touch the bulb.. they are hanging 10cm (45w) and 15cm (125w) from the plant tops. pure lumen radiation damage can be ruled out, as they just dont have the output levels to cause problems? its a race between soil vs minidwc. which the dwc should win easily when tuned in :D atm we are on pretty even situation. this will be cracked. i sure aint moving back north :D once again,cheers for all of tips and input. appreciated.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Yep, sounds like it won't need anything but water for a while. Let her show you she's hungry before you start feeding. The bottom leaves will start to pale and turn tan/brown as she searches for more. You'll be fine.

A light meter helps a lot, and you can check the Micro Grow forum for the off the shelf CFL/LED lighting thread. Lots of information there on both. :)

uh damn that browser. sorry for the poor msg structure. not exactly easy on the eye.

36hours since i removed the calmag pro from the formula and upped the base to 5-10 gal and we have Ca def(?) on most mature leaves on top. those started to appear right after the last modify.

soil is keeping it steady. stands firm. searches for the light and yellowing has halted.

time to boost the base even further.
attachment.php

View image in gallery

Attachments

• mini.jpg
    mini.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 27
  • mini2.jpg
    mini2.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 33
2weeks check in?

2weeks check in?

its been up and down 2weeks. i have flushed/changed the rezz 2 times coz of torn off "sideroothairs" starting to appear in alarming amounts. (too fast ph changes? lack of calcium?)

last patch that its sitting on atm have stayed clear for 4days. its the strongest one yet ec wise. started at 1.60ec according to my meter.

managing rezz so small aint easy for new comer.
its been consuming one fifth of the total water amount in 24hours period for week now.

ec comes down rather quicky when "topping up with pure ro daily"
ph doesnt exactly live in harmony yet and manual corrections have had to be made. which is rather tricky task with 5-6liters of RO water in the tank. a single drop ph - / + and look at it go :D making the natural swing more harder to establish.

but we are getting somewhere or at least i am begin to see some hope in all this mess.

specially when moving up to tent/hps/10-15 gals holding rezz, i think ill be able to provide more pleasant ride to this fellow in ec/ph movement apartment.

needless to say its been hard ride so far. no long stable pattern registered. jumpy edgy ride instead.

same kind of red/brownish spots keep appearing on some new fan leaves shown in the picture in previous post. which i guess to be of calcium.

better evaluation surely can be made when ran in big rezz with more stable rezz practices.

but like i said, we are getting somewhere, hasnt stopped growing, doesnt just show all kind of fuck i am dying signs. BUT grows.

i even have had to raise the light 3times! imagine that :D

its little shy of forearms length

Attachments

• fal.jpg
    fal.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 27
a month since last post, experiment continues

a month since last post, experiment continues

i was too eager to get the racer going on real environment and to see how they manage...that the plan to cut clones from them was sidelined and the two became the "main operation"

we are in 2nd week of 12/12 atm.

feeding strong lucas (2.0 ec) still comes down after 1 period of lights on.. like when i made the last clean patch when done it was 1.98ec..12h lights on and when i went check again had come down to 1.79. so i upped the base etc...i introduced epson also, a shy teaspoon per gallor ratio..

that upped the total ec to 2.28.. lets see what happens now. over all look/ec numbers... eager to see eager to see. yees!

thats coz im still having red leaf stems a bit limegreen new grow also, specially in the shade on the lower level of the plant.
soil version has them too. so its only my "problem" not genetics i guess.the mother plant doesnt show at all those details.. mother that the clones came from..

cold nights also begun and hard. i found myself in a situation that outdoor intake has to be on the timer. lights on temps stay around 20-23c on canopy , 18-19c on tent floor.

i guess im lucky that the strain is royal madre from RQS.
and the info sheet states that enjoys slightly chillier climate. ill take it!

and i blast em with full 2 x 660w mh/spna to keep the temps up.
never i have used that "turbo boost" from the ballast...dunno how the bulbs react to it.

easier to turn the switch than start to modify the whole ventilation circuit :D quick fix for short term. lets see how the forecast continues outside...

anybody has ideas on high light intisity + low temp scenario? how should RH of the tent be adjusted, to ease out the "extremes"

rh has been around 40-50 past 3days, (since the cold nights started)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

inside the "dome" structure old fan leafs tend to turn like this and fall off if given enough time.

its nowhere near "perfect" far from it. but it grows.

for somereason the pics didnt show, and i lost the leaf picture already :D too lazy to go get another 1.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 21
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 27

Latest posts

Latest posts