What's new

DWC & oxygen electrolysis

Craven_au

Maybe just a dyslexic drunken though of mine but why the fuck not.
Using DC to split hydrogen and oxygen into the nutrient solution . The cathode or is it anode releasing oxygen into the nutrients and a fan can take care of any buildup of hydrogen lol but it would be fun to see someone blow the roof off their grow room 🤣
Is this possible will plants like growing in a Reservoir of electrified water. Also a well-designed anode can release nutrients into your solution as it brakes down.

So am I crazy or just gave away a million-dollar idea.

Last edited:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
How is this a million dollar ideea? Which is the high value product being sold? And why does it have to be done in the growspace?

Craven_au

How is this a million dollar ideea? Which is the high value product being sold? And why does it have to be done in the growspace?
It's done in the very solution the plants are growing in releasing oxygen from the nutrients. And instead of buying a liquid nutrients you can buy it as a solid block that can brake down at the controllable rate depending on the amount current being used. 3-9 volts low amps to keep it safe.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's done in the very solution the plants are growing in releasing oxygen from the nutrients. And instead of buying a liquid nutrients you can buy it as a solid block that can brake down at the controllable rate depending on the amount current being feed to it.
I gotta be honest it all sounds not so great or dependable.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Are nutrients in solid blocks cheaper than powder ones? Where is the advantage that recomends this so much? Maybe we can't see the whole picture?

Three Berries

Here's one that has seedlings in a solution. Gives good info on the root tip structure.

St. Phatty

Speaking of Electrolysis ...

"It's just a little Hydrogen".

I used an aquarium heater to heat the bathtub water.

For a while I had exposed 115 VAC in the water. It does Hydrolysis very effectively. Turns the water into Hydrogen and Oxygen gas.

Nothing like coming home to a room full of Hydrogen ... Lighting a Joint ... BOOM.

Dr.Mantis

Under oxygen evolution conditions, your anode will dissolve releasing whatever metal it’s made of. If you want to avoid that, you would need a non active anode material like platinum. Additionally, any redox active ions would get reduced or oxidized at the anode and cathode, depending on the applied potential. Cool idea, but I don’t think it would work as intended.

Latest posts

Latest posts