What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

DWC Issues

baydestrian707

I'm completely new to DWC. Hell, I'm new to everything Hydro. I've experimented in DWC 1x with a DIY ghetto build 1 plant setup(wont get into details) but everything blew my mind about how fast the growth was so even though i trashed that one the results were enough to spark my interest. So i purchased a few things, bought a clone rooted in a root riot plug and went it. The clone was all green and healthy, did not have long roots at all but it clearly rooted through. My inexperienced ass instead of propagating clone and further growing roots out before putting into net cup i 1st thru it in the bottom covered with Hydraton Pebbles water level was an inch below net cup but bubbles weren't sufficient, and plant began to droop and lose color. So i was told i messed up when i didn't allow roots to grow longer, was told to remove plug, add layer of pebbles in net cup, allow water level to rise and touch pebbles, than place plug on top to where its not submerged but close enough for roots to grow and reach. Than someone else got at me about the light hitting plug causing issues, so i filled with pebbles. They all got soaked and my plant began to show signs of over watering(FML). Than someone else told me to try dropping the water level back to below the net pot, but to top feed for a week or two and see what that does.
So finally, i looked, and there was one thick white long ass root growing long and submerged under water level, so with that i stopped top feeding. 2 days later there were several more roots, and one big root began growing roots as well. However i woke up today and checked and plant was super droopy, and beginning to look deficient like a mf. Now my Nutrient line at normal strength has never given me issues when fed soil, coco, coco/hydro, and 1st dwc, my VPD is on point. I lowered ec and ppms a bit becuz this line runs really really high, ph is 5.8. water temps are between 69° - 75°. VPD is were it should be for early veg. I got roots growing in water plenty of bubbles. White foam got everywhere but after an hr or so died down and no longer making a mess. Everything is on point but why am i still getting this ? Any help plz....
20231218_184714.jpg
20231218_184722.jpg
20231218_184744.jpg
20231218_184746.jpg
20231218_184843.jpg
20231218_184758.jpg

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I'm completely new to DWC. Hell, I'm new to everything Hydro. I've experimented in DWC 1x with a DIY ghetto build 1 plant setup(wont get into details) but everything blew my mind about how fast the growth was so even though i trashed that one the results were enough to spark my interest. So i purchased a few things, bought a clone rooted in a root riot plug and went it. The clone was all green and healthy, did not have long roots at all but it clearly rooted through. My inexperienced ass instead of propagating clone and further growing roots out before putting into net cup i 1st thru it in the bottom covered with Hydraton Pebbles water level was an inch below net cup but bubbles weren't sufficient, and plant began to droop and lose color. So i was told i messed up when i didn't allow roots to grow longer, was told to remove plug, add layer of pebbles in net cup, allow water level to rise and touch pebbles, than place plug on top to where its not submerged but close enough for roots to grow and reach. Than someone else got at me about the light hitting plug causing issues, so i filled with pebbles. They all got soaked and my plant began to show signs of over watering(FML). Than someone else told me to try dropping the water level back to below the net pot, but to top feed for a week or two and see what that does.
So finally, i looked, and there was one thick white long ass root growing long and submerged under water level, so with that i stopped top feeding. 2 days later there were several more roots, and one big root began growing roots as well. However i woke up today and checked and plant was super droopy, and beginning to look deficient like a mf. Now my Nutrient line at normal strength has never given me issues when fed soil, coco, coco/hydro, and 1st dwc, my VPD is on point. I lowered ec and ppms a bit becuz this line runs really really high, ph is 5.8. water temps are between 69° - 75°. VPD is were it should be for early veg. I got roots growing in water plenty of bubbles. White foam got everywhere but after an hr or so died down and no longer making a mess. Everything is on point but why am i still getting this ? Any help plz.... View attachment 18934934 View attachment 18934935 View attachment 18934936 View attachment 18934937 View attachment 18934938 View attachment 18934939
You have to use RO water or you will run into problems.

bigbadbillybob

id suspect over feeding.
id also suspect youve got organic ingredients in your feed, which always ends badly ime. go with a change and just use A and B, aqua nutes from canna or similar, and nothing else.
ph to 5.6 ec should be 0.8 ish.
i usually put hydroton in net pot, fill bucket till the water is just bubbling thru the stones, then place cube on top and fill up with hydroton

need4weed

Veteran
You res looks like it's foaming for some reason, not sure why but it shouldn't be, that's for sure