What's new

dwc for cheap ass like me

full time daddy
Veteran
Mr GreenJeans said:
I'm doing this now, and it looks to work great - I just have to remember to change the water every 2-3 days otherwise I get rot. 420 thanks man for starting this thread, :yes: :yes: to you!

my guess is the water is heating up....... :yoinks: thats the only thing besides nutes that will do it that i have found.... in my big 70 cloner i have ran the water for 3 weeks.... as long as ya keep it cool & full of o2 its ok

i only used this thing one time but its still in my grow room for if i ever need it.

most the time i run more then 4 clone's...... i just happen to only have 3 when i did this im glad i posted it so you all's can use it....

i did make one out of a bigger tub as well for a friend that only clones 5 at a time........

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
00420 - thanks! Maybe that's it. I have the bubbler raised an inch over a thermostat controlled heating pad set to 75d... I better check that really is the temp and not hotter, maybe lower it to 70.... Thanks again!

full time daddy
Veteran
Mr GreenJeans said:
00420 - thanks! Maybe that's it. I have the bubbler raised an inch over a thermostat controlled heating pad set to 75d... I better check that really is the temp and not hotter, maybe lower it to 70.... Thanks again!

:lurk: :lurk: my guess would be ya dont even need the heating pad....

unless its winter time....

in my big bubbler i run a fish tank heater in the winter months... but in summer im looking for everyway i can to cool it... the best way i have found so far is by adding more air..... & running the air from a very cooled place..

i try to keep my water 65-75..... i have found 68-72 is best most is on the strain you work with. sum like it cool sum like it hot.... i still cant clone ssh or nycd in a bubbler.... but there fine in oasis cubes or starter plugs..

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Thanks 00420! Great info!

Water temp with the thermostat at 70d is 68 - so at 75 on the thermostat it might have been at 74-75. The cloner is in the basement so it stays pretty cool there even during the summer.

And thanks for mentioning the issue with NYCD and SSH. I'm gonna have to start trying also with starter plugs too.

2 :yes:

A-Loc

mofuckin farmer smurf
wow this seems great, very simple yet very effective. i've had problems cloning so i'm defiantly going to check this out. thanks alot

A-Loc

full time daddy
Veteran
Mr GreenJeans said:
Thanks 00420! Great info!

Water temp with the thermostat at 70d is 68 - so at 75 on the thermostat it might have been at 74-75. The cloner is in the basement so it stays pretty cool there even during the summer.

And thanks for mentioning the issue with NYCD and SSH. I'm gonna have to start trying also with starter plugs too.

2 :yes:

ya 74-75 was to hot for your strain im guessing you should not have a prob with changing water every 2 day now....

@ first i thought i should chang mine everyweek

but i really find thats not the case i now go @lest 2 week sumtimes 3-4

i have fish tanks as well if a fish can live with out water changes so can a plant..... ;) the mane reason to dump your water would be so it dont go bad ( fungi,mold,bac's ect) but most that wont grow if you keep your water at the right temp & clean...

as long as you keep it clean cold & full of o2 i have went as long as 4 weeks
even in my flowering room.....

as far as the plug i use the lil ones and get roots in 7 days or so but still have a lil prob with drooping leafs but they snap right out of it once rooted...
but drooping leaf lead you yellow leafs as well....... thats the reason i like the bubble cloner...........

i root in the cloner then put then in to cubes unless its ssh or nycd.

wow this seems great, very simple yet very effective. i've had problems cloning so i'm defiantly going to check this out. thanks alot

A-Loc

try it i know it works.... if ya have any pros ask away.........

as said be for temps ar the bigs prob.............. dont use any nutes.... i like to use poweders not jel's ...jels seem to couse this rot prob.......i thinkl it might be the dyes in it.....

Brownpants

I liked your cloner 00420..... so I built my own.
Thanks for the idea...it is easy, cheap and works great.

The unrooted clones were just clipped and placed in the cloner.
The rooted clones are at 12 days.

full time daddy
Veteran
Brownpants said:
I liked your cloner 00420..... so I built my own.
Thanks for the idea...it is easy, cheap and works great.

The unrooted clones were just clipped and placed in the cloner.
The rooted clones are at 12 days.

nice....
looks like mine do @ about 12 day's.........
they ready to take off on ya........ you can leave them in there for at lest 3 weeks that i know of..... i never left them in there any longer then that..
:woohoo:

I promised I'd get around to showing picks of my cheap-ass cloner and here they are...

They are not doing as good as expected though...they are at 10 days

Here is the side shot...

375Side_shot_of_clones-med.jpg

Here is the top...

375Top_shot_of_clones-med.jpg

Here is the underside...

375bottom_shot_of_clones-med.jpg

Here is a picture of the problem, there is algae-like slime on the cuts...

375Roots_and_Shmutz-med.jpg

Although there also is a couple of root buds the growth is seeeee-loooooooow.

Here is a closeup of the ugliness...

375smutz_close_up-med.jpg

I am guessing my temps are too high, anyone have any sugessions before I drop an ice cube in?

Brownpants

I would recut the 3 slimy ends at a really good angle, like 45 degrees.
Temps shouldn't be too hot or cold.
Clones don't like really strong light.
Also, don't let light into the rooting area.

Hope that helps a bit.

Thanks Brownpants...I think thaty light in the root zone is my problem, I've got to find a suitable light proof container that is super small, like under a half gallon. The problem is, most tupperware is see-thru now.

full time daddy
Veteran
BenitoCereno said:
I think thaty light in the root zone is my problem, I've got to find a suitable light proof container that is super small, like under a half gallon. The problem is, most tupperware is see-thru now.

my big cloner is clear as well...& i dont have a prob

did ya use roottech?
what srtain?
what type of light are you using? maybe wrong colors..... i had slime like that in my saltwater tank from using coolwhite tube's... as soon as i changed to a good lighting set up it went away..

i used cool whites on my cloner for sumtime but now use t5's

Hmmm...no rootech, only a drop of Superthrive...

Strain is WYD, it has a NYCDness to it but I think the Power Plant comes through so I'm not calling it a true NYCD pheno.

I'm using a light I used cloning in rockwool, a 65 watt blue spectrum CFL.

I still have the mother and I'm thinking of trying again with fresh cuts...

full time daddy
Veteran
BenitoCereno said:
Hmmm...no rootech, only a drop of Superthrive...

Strain is WYD, it has a NYCDness to it but I think the Power Plant comes through so I'm not calling it a true NYCD pheno.

I'm using a light I used cloning in rockwool, a 65 watt blue spectrum CFL.

I still have the mother and I'm thinking of trying again with fresh cuts...

try it with out the superthrive this time...

full time daddy
Veteran
BenitoCereno said:
Here is a picture of the problem, there is algae-like slime on the cuts...

375Roots_and_Shmutz-med.jpg

Although there also is a couple of root buds the growth is seeeee-loooooooow.

Here is a closeup of the ugliness...

375smutz_close_up-med.jpg

I am guessing my temps are too high, anyone have any sugessions before I drop an ice cube in?

is your water hard? you might want to try sum r/o water....

HighQ

I used a 9"x12" cake pan and flat lid to make a 50 clone aerocloner. The only difference between that and this I can seeis I used a 1/4" drill bit to make smooth holes in the lid and I use a double air pump with Two stones. I'll have to take some pics and post them.
HighQ

Latest posts

Latest posts