What's new

DWC 300W DIY LED SCROG Grow: AK47 and Mazar

hempfield

Organic LED Grower
Veteran
The Ak47 looks like it can go 4 more weeks..

Indeed, she seems very fresh, with white pistils everywhere and no sign of cloudy thricomes. I intend to cut her down when I'll see some amber tones, but even so, no more nutrients, just plain water.

This days I will spare some time for a closer inspection on the buds (and why not, a sample smoke for the gardener :biggrin:).

hempfield

Organic LED Grower
Veteran
Day 63

It's time for the official weekly update (I was to tired yesterday to do this update).
Girl are fattening very nice, the smell is incredible and extremely strong (especially on AK47 - if I only knew how stinky will be ...)

I did not give them any nutes since last water change more than a week ago. I just top the reservoirs with pH adjusted RO water and I notice a 0.1 EC dropping each day. They drink 2.5L of water each in 24h interval and I noticed also a minor pH increase.

The EC now is around 0.8mS/cm and the pH varies between 5.8 and 6.1.

No signs of amber thricomes yes, most of them are clear and some became cloudy. The leaves are still healthy (just some discoloration and yellowing on the biggest fan leaves), which tells me that my strategy of not feeding them anymore is working.

When the first amber thricomes will apear I will give them a full dose of Canna Flush for 24 hours and then 2-3 days of pure RO water (no pH adjustments) for the final flush.

I took some samples from both :
- AK47 gaved me a very fast trippy high (but it last less than one hour ) ;
- Mazar proved to be a nice relaxing indica, with a warm and confortable couch lock and a surprising clear head.

And now the artistic part of the update :

hempfield

Organic LED Grower
Veteran
They both look mindblowing!

More than just 'look'. I took a sample from Mazar and tested on vapo after just 2-3 days of drying (was still moist) and I was thrown into a deep blackout for about 1-2 hours. :biggrin:

Anyway, last night I checked the trichomes again and no sign of amber. I think this is because I gave them veg nutrients for to long (more than two weeks since flip) and they delayed flowering a bit. I will wait patiently for this girls to ripe , because I want to harvest them at their apogee.

I don't now if it's normal to be that way, but the AK47 is extraordinary stinky. I rub my nose against a AK47 bud and the smell was so strong and pungent and almost make me puke. After resting my nose for a few seconds I sniffed again the bud, but more careful this time and the smell was more acceptable but still incredibly strong.

I must confess that I am terrified when I think that I have to hang the buds for drying on the same room and I don't know if my odor control systems will handle the flood of terpens and heavy smell.

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
hempfield,
could the lack of UV light be prolonging the ambering of the trichs?

seems i have read that here. the lack of UV lengthens flowering time by a bit.

:tiphat:

hempfield

Organic LED Grower
Veteran
On my entire growing experience I only used CFLs and LEDs. Ordinary CLFs does not emit UV (they are made of regular glass which absorbs the UV radiation) and I only used leds with wavelength above 450nm, and this is the first time I notice delayed on trichomes ripening.

I always believed that the deep and far red wavelengths speed up the ambering ... :chin:

Does anybody tried a side by side grow with LED lights, with and without UV ? I am very curios to know how much UV it would be necessary to speed up this process and how much time can be 'saved' this way.

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
i may not have my thoughts correct.

in fact, the more i think about it, i think the UV light just produces more trichs, not necessarily playing a role in them maturing.

what percentage of reds or deep reds do you think your lights put out?

hempfield

Organic LED Grower
Veteran
i may not have my thoughts correct.

in fact, the more i think about it, i think the UV light just produces more trichs, not necessarily playing a role in them maturing.

what percentage of reds or deep reds do you think your lights put out?

Hard to tell which percentage of reds and deep reds, as I used also 1W and 3W chips, but I will try to remember :

- 50 x 1W deep red ;
- 20 x 1W red ;
- 30 x 1W blue ;
- 8 x 3W warm white;
- 10 x 3W royal blue ;
- 22 x 3W deep red ;
- 60 x 3W red ;
----------------------
Total : 200pcs

This is what I remember (I lost the schematics and also the content of the external hard drive used for backup ).

I know I have made a post with the layout of the panel, but I don't remember on which thread (hopefully I will find it somehow) :biggrin:

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts