What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Dutch passion autos

mr.brunch

Veteran
Ok , I was lazy and didn't document the last grow- Dutch passion auto Brooklyn sunrise- came out top quality , citrusy sour buds, done in just under 10 weeks from breaking soil - little disappointed with the yield, 95 g off 3 plants- but 10 weeks is damn quick.

Next up , just put in 3 auto daiquiri lime- will throw up some pics when they pop.

mr.brunch

Veteran
They are all up , one had to be assisted from its shell, but they are up.

Will be transferring to 20L buckets later on and I will photo em then.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Fast maturing autos generally yield less....but if it's strong....a little goes a l-o-n-g way!

mr.brunch

Veteran
So true... And nearly 2 crops in the time of one photo-crop ( from seed ) is pretty impressive.
Didn't snap any pics , but they are potted up and under the 400, happy lil sprouts.
Will photo em when they grow a bit.

mr.brunch

Veteran
Ok, 2 weeks old, week and a half of that under the light. Looking healthy, just gave them their first feed. Think they have doubled in size in the last 3 days.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

mr.brunch

Veteran
25 days old, seem to be growing well- no problems so far.
Here they are:

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

And here are two photo plants I was given... Gotta love a freebie- they will be next run: bubblehead 13 from big head seeds, never heard of em, but willing to give them a go.

picture.php

mr.brunch

Veteran
Day 45, so we are at 6 weeks 3 days... Looking nice, took a while to go into flower ( first lil pistils visible at 33 days or so) but they have shot up since. Still small flowers at the moment, and looking at them tells me that they will go longer than the 10/11 weeks as advertised... Not a problem tho.
Pics: one of each, one closer and one to show some resin coming in.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

mr.brunch

Veteran
Update from yesterday, day 55 looking healthy- buds very small still but coming on day by day.... I am pretty sure they are going to go a fair bit longer than 10/11 weeks- I would have thought they got to be 12-15 weekers looking at them.
May well be wrong though... Have been many times.

They stinkin btw.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Excellent show, mr. brunch. Hope they only lack a few weeks.

Hate it when breeder says seed to harvest ~60days....and it turns out to be 75-80+ days. Sigh.

Auto Daiquiri Lime- having both Sour Diesel & California Orange in the genes...will probably be right on target at 10-11 weeks.

Great harvest to you!

mr.brunch

Veteran
Thanks for the kind words, I don't mind them taking a little longer if they are going to fatten up accordingly!
Have seen some nice yields off these on other forums.... although for one guy a particular pheno took 18 weeks :O
It did give him 280g tho

Last edited:

mr.brunch

Veteran
Day 63, just hit 9 weeks and still building up, but barely an orange hair in sight so I hope they still have a way to go yet.
Stinkin away, sweet lemon lime when up close but a definite meaty twang is forming... makes me drool.

Buds still pretty small, but high hopes!

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

mr.brunch

Veteran
Well, 2 finished at 10.5 weeks- proper done, lemon n lime with a meaty edge. Beautiful smoke, only drawback: 21g between them!!! The third one will be down on Sunday at 12 weeks.
Lovely smoke, little plants :(

Back to the photoperiod for me!

iwantmorebuds

Hey man.
Congrats for your succesed grow. You can hervest better yields with autos if ya use lst they really love it. Also u need to have some experience with them to get better yield. I started with autos so i hve to say photoperiod plant are much easier to grow.
I have some advice to you which i think is the most important to get better yield with them
- Use the same light schedule all time at least 16 and maximum 20hours
- dont transplant them. Start the seedling in a big pot already so she can finish without any transplant.
- dont cut them. They have much less time than photos in veg so any bigger stress which can slow her down gonna cause less yield day to day. And they also dont have the time for regeneration.
- they really love any automatic feeding system ;)
- use lst on them to get bigger green surface Use it from young ages u can start ponytailing after only two weeks to get more sides so bigger green surface.

I think these are the most importent things to start with autoflowers and of course after ya have more experience you can transplant them or even try topping or other growing techniques with them. I saw an amazing main lined automazar for example with amazing yield.
Hope its helped and keep it up! :tiphat:

mr.brunch

Veteran
Thank you for the good advice. I ran them at 18/6 throughout, same schedule as the previous auto Brooklyn sunrise which yielded 3 times what these have. Still, nice smoke- just seems the autos are far too finicky and sensitive for me , when I can pull far more from a couple of photos in not far off the same time.
Plus, the 'regular ' plants are a lot more forgiving it seems.

Grøn

the d- lime is excelent here it is at 92 day just before chop chop
give it some space, alot of light n feed it heavy

mr.brunch

Veteran
Lovely plant! Definitely some top notch smoke, I roll a j in the shed and the missus can smell it in the house... and that's before I light it.