What's new

Dutch Master Gold

bongo

I am wondering if anyone has had any experience with the new "hydro-organic" gold ferts or the liquid light from dutch master yet?

I have had good results with their advanced 2 part ferts as well as the folitech/maxfx/penitrator foliar line. Just curious if this new line is anywhere near as good as dm claims.

There are a few threads about advanced's new conny but no info that I could find on the Gold. any imput is appreciated.

b

Cruzin'

DM rocks.

DM rocks.

Can't help ya with the GOLD info. But if it is half as good as their Advanced range you would have to be on a winner for sure. Think'n i might do a test grow with it as soon as my current run has finished drying. Will keep ya updated. Here's a pic of what DutchMaster Advanced nutes are capable of.
(from a previous Krusty style hydro grow)
Stay Safe. Peace.

bongo

Cruzin, thanks for the reply. I have been away from the comp. lately so I havent been able to keep up. Thoes pics are amazing, I will be looking foreward to any imput you have on the new gold line if you try it. I will post up any experiences with it once I get my lazy ass to the hydro shop to pick some up.

stonedfarmer

i ust used some liquid light.... it made my plants go all droopy, thats why i'm looking around herefor info... i'm in my second week of veg, i used it forthe frist time as instructed from te botel and my leaves aredrooping bi time, almost like my PH took a dive in m system my ph did not dive tho... but i have head of other floral ferts mking leaves droop just after spraying so we will see...... but i must say... they say on the bottle by using it, it makes each 600watter have the equivalent of a 1000watter...... perhaps it sounds too good to be true, but hey i spent 60bux... so we will see if it works... so far tho, 30 min after applying iti checked them nd the leaves were drooping.... blah... if it kills my plants i'll be back. to let you know...

stonedfarmer

welll i must say. my plants were drupppy last night, i was worried... should have used it at 1/2 strength, but... i must say this mothing my plants are Fing HUGE...... soo if your using it in the first couple week of veg i would recomend using it at 1/2 strength... other wise your plants leaves may droop and twist funny like mine did.... but on a brighter note, i can see visable growth over the past 5 - 6 hours.... my plants went from being a couple inches from one another (like 2 - 3 inches) to just about touching one nothers leaves... i duno if you will gt results like this, but i must say,,, so far so goood i'm impressed

Dynamite

Any feedback on Gold A&B flower?

Any feedback on Gold A&B flower?

Anybody out there using this stuff ?...what kind of application rates ?

Peace

I use liquid light mixed 50% penatrater. Works awsome!! You can tell a difference after thee first spray. I spray 2 times per week and stop with 4 weeks of flowering

bongo

Wow, I totally forgot about this thread. It's funny it is back up cause I am about to pick up some gold and give it a shot next week.

Like everyone so far with the LL and pen, I usually spray the first couple applications at 25% strength and work my way up. I have worked up to full strength on some 2.5 ft plants in veg once and had great yields. To be honest though, I havent used it in quite a while as I have been too busy messing with different setups.

Now that I have my setup I think I'm going to give their gold and LL line a shot. I definately like the simplicity of no additives and the foliar spraying will give me something to do when I feel like messing around in the garden. Who knows if it is anywhere near as good as their claims, I'm skeptical but optimistic. I have tried a lot of the new lines but for some reason I always end up going back to good ol GH flora series. Go figure.

mofreak

i'm using dutch master flower nutes for the first time, i got about 20 days till harvest. big fat sticky colas, nice and dense, nice stacking. i'll definitly use them again. i was thinking about trying some of that bushmaster next time too.

bongo

big fat sticky colas, nice and dense, nice stacking. i'll definitly use them again.

Thanks for the feedback mo! Just to be clear you are talking about the gold right?

It's kinda wierd that I have heard nothing but good things from the few reports I have read on these gold nutes. Makes me wonder why more people aren't running them. I like that they are cheap too. After mixing and matching additives with different base nutes for a while and paying for it in yield, I've been getting back to basics and having much better luck. Always looking to improve whenever I can..

Dynamite

DM Gold Bloom nutrients..

DM Gold Bloom nutrients..

I have had great success myself using the A&B gold line in flower,I used AN's conni for a couple years and am on my second grow with the gold..My current grow had a lack of cal-mag,I am growing in rockwool and have very soft tap water were I'm at so I added a bit of that and everything looks back on track..for additives I'm using hygrozyme,sweetleaf,and a small amount of Lkarma every 3rd watering or so..

I am trying to get the feed rates dialed in,but looking for grows where people have used the gold line and list the feed rates are very few...I have not ran the ppm's over 1400..and use around 12ml per gallon max

Are you guys using the DM nute calc on the site with any success?..

Thanks,Dynamite

I'm on my third cycle with DM Gold Flower A&B. I was using GH 3 part and still do in veg. Hope they run out soon so I can make the change to DM. I also use the Liquid Light w/Penetrator at full strength. Compared to GH, all I can say is WOW! Other than the nutes, my set-up is identical. Yield is up almost 40%!!
I used the nute calculator on the DM site, the hard water formula, just in case (I don't have hard water). Occasionally I see symptoms of overfeeding, but thats more attributed to my strain. It's real touchy.
I also use Pure Flowers bloom booster. This new phosphite technology is the shit! My first cycle with DM Gold was without a bloom booster as DM advises. I found the yield a bit lacking. Still better than GH, but the Pure Flowers put it over the top.
When I use the Liquid Light, I too get the serious droop.The next day it's gone and the plants are much bigger.
Overall I would say DM Gold has delivered on everything promised.
Now if someone could just come up with a strain that trims itself, I'd be in heaven!

bongo

great info fred! Just the type of experience I was wondering about. I was skeptical about them saying to absolutely not use any additives with the gold. fred, what ec do you run in flowering?

On another note, I just saw an ad for a new "gold range" of penetrator that is supposed to be twice as effective as the original. I will try to track down the magazine where I found the ad and post the source. Anyone get their hands on some yet?

EC? wow, I honestly don't know. I have'nt checked in ages. I did at first, then basically started adjusting amounts based on plant reaction. When I feed tomorrow I'll check, that is if I can find that damn meter!

thecarguy

Bongo and others concerned-

I use Dutch Masters extensively, here is my winning solution and some observations.

The wilting after spraying with Liquid Light is due to the plants using their nutrient reserves to promote the tremendous growth noticed by others in this forum. The wilting is much less severe if the plant has been tempered to LL by starting with a low dose and working upwards. Also, using a silica product and a fulvic acid product will reduce wilting. Silica and a GOOD fulvic (no diamond nectar bull-ish) are the ONLY two additives I use with DM Gold. Thankfully, silica works as pH up and fulvic acid as pH down, which means these 3 products are truly all one needs.

It IS possible, and possibly fruitful, to use bloom enhancers in conjunction with Gold, however, start with very small doses. Personally, I do not use bloom enhancers.

To answer the questions regarding EC/PPM-
I take ppm to 1200 in veg, 1300 starting flower, 1700 at peak feeding (weeks 4-6). This is in coco coir. If one uses liquid light, it's possible to take the ppm 20% higher without burning. I will take them up to 1900 in week 4 after spraying. Spray the plants and then feed them at the higher rate. Do not continue to feed at the high rate without spraying liquid light, use liquid light twice per week. I find that 50 ml of liquid light and the full 60 ml of penetrator make a solution that evenly coats the leaves.

bongo

thecarguy- It's interesting that you say that about the LL causing the plants to use their reserves because I have noticed from experience that if I don't feed the plants some nutes before spraying (I grow in coco), I often see the beginnings of some different diffeciencies start to develop.

Thanks for the EC suggestions too! I have been hesitant to use the gold in coco cause I haven't seen much feedback but I think I may run it side by side with canna coco a and b on my next run. I love hearing people's first hand experiences.

thecarguy

Bongo-

Canna A+B are great. Their pH buffering ability and ease of use are identical to DM Gold, however, growth with a chelated/amino acid supp'ed nutrient is incomparable. Canna A+B only differs from a conventional hydro nute in its ability to provide more calcium for the plants, and that it's not designed to recirculate. Canna recommends run to waste.

DM Gold can be run to waste, but it will also recirculate very effectively if you are sure to change out the nutrient solution weekly.

I have done a side-by-side-by-side-by-side in coco with AN Monkey Juice, Canna Coco A+B, AN Connoisseur, and DM Gold. AN Monkey Juice and Canna performed almost identically, DM Gold and Conni performed almost identically to each other but much better than Coco A+B/Monkey Juice.

I highly suggest running a chelated nute (Conni, Gold, Humboldt's Master line), Dutch is attractive because it's so much more affordable than AN and more reputable than Humboldt nutrients.

Hope that all helps,

Last edited: