What's new

Dutch Coffeeshops Fight Marijuana Ban

Skip

Veteran
Dutch coffeeshops have filed challenges to the complete ban on the sale of cannabis in certain jusridictions in the Netherlands. As of September 16th, all sales of marijuana have been forbidden in the towns of Roosendaal and Bergen-op-Zoom. Eight coffeeshops have been affected by this ban, which is being considered by other municipalities. All but one of them are now closed.

Two hearings will be held on Oct 2nd to deal with the challenge by the coffeeshops.

Good luck to them!

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5h8QfHqhG0dUDaqhh5eKGmj16WbkA

TheGreenBastard

Assistant Weekend Trailer Park Superviser
Veteran
I never had the chance to visit the Netherlands, hopefully I can before A-Dam is effected, I would at least like to see R-Dam before/if it spreads inland.

hollandshizzle

bro, i dont think they are going to close all the coffeshops in amsterdam.. no worries it is not going to happen.. i is a part of our dutch culture... it goes about the drugs tourist from belgium and france who are making trouble in holland about this... but amsterdam no... i dont think so... you know if they will close it you may understand that you get more home-dealers in holland... so the ciminality goed a bit up then.... and its a really stupid thing couse the dont get all the taxes anymore then....

so its very hard... for the fucking......

peace

forester

I was under the impression, purchasers would have to be dutch nationals regisre and can buy weed as they do now. Restrictions would be placed on the sales end to stop weed tourism in the Netherlands, i.e. you can only buy if you are dutch coz they dont want toe rags coming in from Germany, France etc etc for weed.

It would fuck the tourism industry. Nota hell of a lot of people go top the A-Dam to visit the Tulip farms...

I dont think it will pass as there is too much tourism money to be lost... I guess we will see how affected by the mighty dollar the Dutch government are soon.

Latest posts

Latest posts