What's new

Durham Decriminalizes Growing.... Nearly...

B

Baron Greenback

It's certainly a step in the right direction. I remember a similar thing in Brixton a few years back, very nice to wander about with a doobie and no fear; I think violent crime went down too :)
At least something good has come from the tory scumbag's austerity bullshit.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
yehaw!!!...
nowt done in England without government having there "dirty mitts" all over it,,,,,
maybe durhams a trial and maybe other countys will follow,,,,
it seems like the police are totally pissed off with cannabis laws especially now the usa is legalizing etc:biggrin:,,,,,
it was on the main news so it looks like its happening,,,,s2

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
Great news. :)

Anybody remember a Durham strain ? Green Bish, from Bishop Auckland, a cross of Skunk 11 iirc.

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
Big up Ron Hogg, talking some sense. Things are moving in the right direction for sure. Lets hope it positively influences the rest of the country.

Peace

brock1

Great news. :)

Anybody remember a Durham strain ? Green Bish, from Bishop Auckland, a cross of Skunk 11 iirc.

green bishop was a nice old strain but it had big hermi problems always full of seeds as peoples mothers got older the problem seemed to get worse. Was lovely when it first started to show up around my area.

B

Baron Greenback

With any luck, this will be treated as a pilot exercise and results will be monitored rather than it being immediately shut down by the tories.
If people keep it quiet as they have been and don't take the piss, it could be the catalyst for some positive change.
But you all know it will be utterly fucked up and get worse :)

HereIgrowagain

I heard about this last week, "It is not a priority" does not exactly mean it is time to buy houses and open up cafes as some of the social media has been thinking today in their ramblings. It is a step forward yes. The information was leaked about 10 days ago with reference to this softer approach, I finally heard the speech that has had to be made today by Mr R hogg on BBC Newcastle as a result of Westminster shoving there two penny's worth in since he released the statement. Each force/jurisdiction have a right to basically do as they please with regards class B's. Durham has wisely and thankfully chose this route. The other forces and regions are not very happy because they will either A Have to follow suit or B "the victim" use the call upon a force not doing their duty every time plea when a conviction is looking like being made. Judges throughout the country will ditch every case the way I see it. Steady as she grows ;)

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
green bishop was a nice old strain but it had big hermi problems always full of seeds as peoples mothers got older the problem seemed to get worse. Was lovely when it first started to show up around my area.

Hey Brock, great to hear that, thanks for the info, I have not spotted Green Bishop being spoken about here and always wondered. I don't remember much more about it, I knew a bunch of lads from up there and it was linked to them, but I am not sure if it was theirs, or friends of friends. ... The central character I am thinking about ran a growshop till the local fuzz set him up and jailed him, a long time ago, at the start of the UK indoor scene. Some of that bunch also appeared on the Glastonbury film doing the wallet fishing windup.

With any luck, this will be treated as a pilot exercise and results will be monitored rather than it being immediately shut down by the tories.
If people keep it quiet as they have been and don't take the piss, it could be the catalyst for some positive change.
But you all know it will be utterly fucked up and get worse :)

Baron, the point is more that the local Police Authority has a certain amount of control that influences the policing in the area. This smells more like a decision by the local Chief Constable, than the Tories in Westminster. Might be wrong, they used to use Scotland to test out ideas like those sometimes, but with the SNP agitating everything now, that is possibly not the option it once was.

A good example was, or is, Gloucestershire vs Somerset, the former are or were, very very hard on drugs, but the neighbouring Somerset was really liberal. Going to Glastonbury festival you had mad Police checkpoints and sniffer dogs in Gloucestershire, yet the fuzz in Somerset were more likely to share a toke with you than anything.... Mainly down to the attitude of the Chief Constable there, not Westminster.

G

ganjygav

All it will take is some more reefer madness propaganda on the BBC news to stop it. When the USA started making moves to legalize did anyone else notice it wasn't mentioned in the British media and instead they reported on 2 people that had died from smoking weed at some point in their lives lol.

B

Baron Greenback

It really is strange that more countries have not legalised or at least decriminalised growing/possession.
Think of the tax revenue you money grabbing fucktards.

G

ganjygav

Spain has ain't it? I've also heard some regions of Italy the police have turned a blind eye. Of course Portugal legalized everything personal,what a great country.

B

Baron Greenback

The problem seems to be the right wing tabloid press and their constant reefer madness stories. Politicians are mostly gutless, spineless liars and are more concerned with guarding their position than actually listening to evidence.
Prohibition just doesn't work, it just takes money from the exchequer and gives it to criminals.

"HEMPEROR"

does being a cropper really make you a criminal baring in mind you think it should be legal.
ppl support crime these days in many ways without even knowing it, car washes for instance, fronts for money laundering but ya still get ya car washed.

G

ganjygav

Half the take aways in my town are fronts lol and there's one of them car washes pop up all over the place

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think they may mean they are going after organized gangs like the viets grows I imagine,,, so a "local" doing for friends and family should be ok as long as no complaints or peeps coming and going at all hours etc??,,,,
its all sketchy at the moment but I must say it would be nice to be able to sleep a bit better knowing our door or doors wont go at 5am anymore,,,that part of it is very appealing if true,,,,,
just hoping other counties follow suit,,
seems like the mets been this way for a while and reading up on mitigating circumstances on the home office website it looks like they woudnt even get a warrant for a lot of us but who knows until its really put to the test,,,,,
so if you apply for a "high thc" license and get it,,what does that actually mean apart from the obvious?,,,,,
bloody confusing and can see why leo and legal system are so pissed off with it,,,,,,s2

"HEMPEROR"

I think they may mean they are going after organized gangs like the viets grows I imagine,,, so a "local" doing for friends and family should be ok as long as no complaints or peeps coming and going at all hours etc??,,,,
its all sketchy at the moment but I must say it would be nice to be able to sleep a bit better knowing our door or doors wont go at 5am anymore,,,that part of it is very appealing if true,,,,,
just hoping other counties follow suit,,
seems like the mets been this way for a while and reading up on mitigating circumstances on the home office website it looks like they woudnt even get a warrant for a lot of us but who knows until its really put to the test,,,,,
so if you apply for a "high thc" license and get it,,what does that actually mean apart from the obvious?,,,,,
bloody confusing and can see why leo and legal system are so pissed off with it,,,,,,s2

^^^agreed would take the para edge off:)

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
it would appear that Derbyshire,,surrey,,and dorset constabularys are following county durhams model,,,,,,
county police forces starting to fall like dominos:biggrin:,,,,
yehaw!!!!!!,,,,,,,s2

Latest posts

Latest posts