What's new

Durban Poison | Which Breeder?

sprinkl

Veteran
What is a legit durban? Afaik it was a clone or line imported from SA. thats been highly bred, possibly outcrossed with skunk or afghan, in the usa in the 60-70s.
Any South-african strain gets called durban as well.
So what are the real qualities of the durban strain? Like with so many names for pot its just a name that can cover an extensive group of genetics, loosely or not even related.
Durban lines from seedbanks could be 75%+ of skunk or afghan, no one can tell.

marijuanamat

Crazy X Seeds Breeder
Veteran
If it a pure durban your after i'm sending in aload,there bred from old african seeds stock and there about as pure as you can get nowadays so keep an eye out on seedbay crazy x seeds.

I've had "Romulan Durban". I looked beautiful and stank great, but the high wasn't there almost like just having an atmosphere without the spaceship. DJ has that theory, that plants take on the vibes of the grower, so hopefully there are some great highs to grow out.

Love the speculation about which durban it was/is that made cookies. Under the guise of sheer interest in durban itself, lols.

idiit

Veteran
seeds of africa has a pure african durban with no information posted on reviews. i have purchased two packs of 12 (24 beans), gotten 3/16 so far to pop and am germinating my last 8 beans now. there are several durban strains according to this post:

Durban Poison-
I find grows in different forms as well from a big-headed variaty to my
favorite being a small headed strain that litterally makes you dizzy you`re so high, this is the one used to make the famous suger-sticks.
The well spoken about aniceed(sp) flavour persists with any DP variaty.
This year I`ve been working with a rare DP that grows with pink hairs rather than white.
Interesting strain.
Always leaves you feeling soo happy.
The Durban I have grown is generally alot longer flowering than the advertised DP from seedbanks wihich has SK#1 to help it along.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=245976&page=2

OakyJoe

TC Nursery est 2020
Veteran
Nice Info! Thanks!

I got some Seeds directly from South Africa, but i don't know if these are Durbans and if YES, is the Lineage sure real? We will see.

Love to see whats happend in here! Keep it up =)

Ahhhh man I had some pics of my male on a cell, but I broke it, too bad though he was a stand up chap. The Earl of Durb, from seedsman, started off spicy then went into pure licorice and finally matured into the sweetest smelling Christmas tree. I let him crop dust a cindy99 clone and have a handful of seeds. A project that should keep me very happy.

I still haven't flowered a girl early Durban yet, but the male was just what I've been looking for, smell and structure wise, I had to let him breed.

How's your Durban search going Oakyjoe?

idiit

Veteran
i've got 9 plants sprouted of the dp from seeds of africa. they basically are pretty much ending up being either sativa or indica looking with just a couple of "tweeners". i grow outdoors and do indoors just for initial look-see and mostly seed runs; pure, hybrids. the indicas are indicating very early. i'll keep posting updates. i really can't assess any strain until i run it outdoors in my specific area so i'm very early in the process on these.

azad

Buzkashi
Veteran
Underground seed collective's. (Jah Green Labels) DurbanGhani is a good very manageable Durban.

Brelva

Tropical Seeds have a couple Durban hybrids. Here's the descrip on their Durban x Ciskei:

"We selected a nice Durban female, continuing with the typical great vigour and fine sativa leafs and appearance. Differences with her sisters in the grow were it was a little bit easier to handle in height. Also more compact in the flower formation, with buds popping near the main steam.

The scents in flower time on the flowers were in the range of floral,anise and woody/carroty.

We find this Durban quite dominant in hybrids, so we continue to see clearly these traits within the Ciskei F1 and first backcross.
Goals in the hybrid come in the yield (improving the general medium production in the Durban mother ) and shortening flowering period. We find 11, up to 13 weekers in the F1, a week less in the BC1 version. Some more fruity scents can also be found via Ciskei influence.

We were surprised with some Durban hybrids giving a very racy and quick uplifting high (Durban influence),so, we recommend to softly try your buds at first. You will also enjoy a very pleasant active sativa high once the first hit has being controlled and you´re facing the moon."

Tropical Seeds are associated with Cannabiogen, always a good sign.

OakyJoe

TC Nursery est 2020
Veteran
Tropical Seeds have a couple Durban hybrids. Here's the descrip on their Durban x Ciskei:

"We selected a nice Durban female, continuing with the typical great vigour and fine sativa leafs and appearance. Differences with her sisters in the grow were it was a little bit easier to handle in height. Also more compact in the flower formation, with buds popping near the main steam.

The scents in flower time on the flowers were in the range of floral,anise and woody/carroty.

We find this Durban quite dominant in hybrids, so we continue to see clearly these traits within the Ciskei F1 and first backcross.
Goals in the hybrid come in the yield (improving the general medium production in the Durban mother ) and shortening flowering period. We find 11, up to 13 weekers in the F1, a week less in the BC1 version. Some more fruity scents can also be found via Ciskei influence.

We were surprised with some Durban hybrids giving a very racy and quick uplifting high (Durban influence),so, we recommend to softly try your buds at first. You will also enjoy a very pleasant active sativa high once the first hit has being controlled and you´re facing the moon."

Tropical Seeds are associated with Cannabiogen, always a good sign.

Strain Lineage: (Durban Poison x Ciskei P3) x Ciskei P3
Strain Type: 100% sativa South African
Hybrid: Durban x Ciskei BC1
Flowering times: 75-85 days
Yield: Medium to high indoors and in mild climate outdoors
Bouquet: Fine woods, anise, floral. Fruity scents like peach
Effect: Straight take off, instant energetic high that will surprie you for its uplifting high potency
Developed by: Locals, African Herbman ( SA ), aeritos ( SP )

Thanks!

idiit

Veteran
gsc is arguably the best durban hybrid. there are plenty of sources (mostly in private hands) of pure durban poison.

the thread started off as a durban, which breeder thread.