What's new

Durban poison, outdoor grow.

fari

Greetings all,
The plant is doing great, she smells like a fruity mix of weed, the budz are filling more and more everyday. Allot of purple also... Please take a look at the pics, on one of them there is a part gone out of the leaf, and on another there is a circle brown spot. She also looks like she has a small nute burn... The last feeding took place on sunday, two days ago... As for the mold spot on it, it has been scraped away... Enjoy and help if ya can :joint: :lurk: :joint:

Jah Blessings,
Fari n Friend

alaeddin

When are you cutting it down?
I cut my Durban Poison x Skunk freebie yesterday, I think it could have gone a few more days or even a week; however, the rain had caused the buds to start rotting. Your's is one beautiful plant, you'll get a great yield. I got a good yield, even though I screwed up badly.

fari

Hi alaeddin,
Thanks for stopping by... I think I'm gonna try and let her go another few weeks, we are preparing as good as we can for the upcoming cold,windy, and very humid weather. As you can see here:

It will get a new stronger cover to prevent rain and it will reach the ground so no wind can get in and less humidity in the tent. This will happen tomorrow... I don't know if there is anything we can do to prevent insects, if there is, please share... As for the rest patience and love, maybe hope..
Blessings,

fari

hey all,
I found this special wintering fleece, it protects against cold wind,frost,snow...... But i am not shure it lets the sun pass thru, it sais on the back "treated against UV". Does that mean no sun gets thru??? here is a pic of the item:

So what ya think?
Bless :wave:

WAMEN

Joint Date: Today.
Veteran
Irie man

ohh my gosh thats a funugus on the stalk!! scrape that shit away man!! youre quite lucky cause that shit may start affecting the plant when shell be ready to harvest..

not sure about the Hivertex.. that nylon cover you already got seems good enough for me...

guidance

Wam

fari

Greetings all,
We've been working all day,setting up a new tent... She really does amaze me more and more everyday, the smell, the sight, the colour, everything.... Hopefully this tent will help against frost,wind,rain,=moldfree hopefully. It already felt hotter inside. The roof and and doorway are seethru plastic while, the remaining 3 sides are made of non-woven veil in polypropylene, so that the plant can breath...
Another thing, there is some red/brown colour change on some leaves, it has been spreading, at first i thought it was a nute burn but we haven't given any nutes sunday and it has been spreading ever since...????
and about the mold part there is plastic around it as you will see in the pics...

Here ya go: :joint:

The nute burn??:

The mold spot:

The beginning of the tent:

The fleece:

Plastic sides:

Everything:

The lady: :lurk: :joint: :yummy: :yummy:

The bottom of the tent is covered with plastic so nothing gets in as you can see above.

How about this puple? :yummy:

Tell me what ya thing,
Blessed love...

wikidcalibudgrl

my thoughts on the leaf damage,,, the one with the spot is kinda unclear, but it almost looks like a large water drop slowly dried on in, in effect burning the leaf by concentrating the sunlight on that area while it dried :chin:
as for one of the other leaf shots,, looks like some sort of catapillar been munching away,,, check the sick plant thread by MyNameStich.. there's info. in there on catapillars:wink:

The buds look wonderful tho , those purples are so purdee :D Best of luck to you throught out harvest time:wave:
EDIT: not sure about the browning as i didn't see far enough back in the thread to know what ur using ( only that you hadn't fed in at least one watering?) ....but.. that sick plant thread should shed some light on that for ya,, :smile:

Last edited:

fari

yep it breaths, it sais on back and front that its against mold and lets the plants to breath. I know, this is why we put this thing up, to prevent mold...

WAMEN

Joint Date: Today.
Veteran
niiiiiiiiiiiiiice man... awsome colors..

the plant looks like she will give you back some good Karma :)

i think that thing on the leafs if some mineral deficiency.. not sure ATM but im pretty sure we'll figure it out soon.

Bliez

fari

Hey Wamen,
thanks man, I like the colours to...
About the leaf thing there are like 10 leaves or so that have this... Might help, and about bugs, they are all over the place, small flies, and everyonce in a wile a spider...
But i'm confident she will stand strong...

Ps: i'm smoking some herb now that smells like banana :yoinks: , i have never smelled anything like it. Anybody ever have this??
Blessings

Last edited:

wikidcalibudgrl

i got a cut of a banana-mango plant,,, i just harvested it a couple days ago,, but it kinda smells more skunky to me right now,,, just before i took it down tho, it did have that subtle banana/fruit aroma too it tho,, so maybe( i hope) it'll come back with the dry & cure

G

get that plastic off the stalk
lol ur trapping moisture and shit in there ur setting it up for more mold.

Im not sure how the spot got like the in the first place... Something acted as a catalyst..

Insect shit? maybe you had it tied right there

i dunno but that mold is not normal, ive never seen it. There is a cause tho, nothing that random happens. It wasnt animal damage. You clearly didnt get pics as soon as something was different. even in your first pic i can see the plant swelling around the damage. maybe 2 days old at that point? what did that mold feel like? its smell texture and all of that.. are you sure it was mold and not a patch of eggs

Exactly how long has all of this been?

If the stalk isnt very thick right now you can go out at night and look thru it. Use a flashlight and hold it behind the stalk. I had to do that to see some corn borer damage. Some plants stalks are hollow naturally, but even if those plants have worms in them one can see the difference clearly.

If you do determine its a fungus then get something that kills fungus.

One more thing im not sure why you have that little board fence thing around the base of the plant but it may cause problems if the wood is attracting insects (be it on/in the wood or under it hiding between the wood and the ground) It also looks like its stoping circulation. Your plant may simply be molding because of your windbreak? who knows

fari

Hey nepthaze,
Thanks for the info,first thing i'll do is get that plastic away, but do I have to replace it with something else? About the spot, it started a long time ago,i think even during late veg. It started like some black/rotting spot,but it didn't seem bad or like it could couse any serious damage so just let it be. than after a while I notice brown fur. I cannot give any specific dates,sorry... When it go scraped away,it was very very powdery shit,it flew thru the air.
That border will go also since it might cause any problems.
Thanks allot for the help, appreciate your time, and guess what, I looooove Haze :yummy: :joint:
See ya
Bless

glock23

one in the chamber
Veteran
you can wrap the break with fresh peat moss/perlite and then wrap it with a piece of clean cloth. get it nice and wet and keep it that way for a few weeks. you'll find that it'll be even stronger than before :D

wow, im stoned..hehe. didnt smoke yesterday so it hit me really hard just now. there was no break, huh? get the plastic off. spread the plant out (the branches) and tie them to bamboo stakes or dowel rods. get them as far apart as possible. this will allow the plant to breathe better.

Last edited: