What's new

Duds and Hemp Mode - wtf?

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Im guessing Dud is a virus that doesn't have an official name but has visible symptoms.

finally... someone else who thinks it may be a virus!!!
cue michael jackson "you are not alone...."

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
if you get webbed looking blades on your fan leaves that you normally don't get... uh oh
sign

if the branch nodes are weak, and instead of bendable and pliable the branches are stiff and "dry" and break off easily, like come right out like a ball out of a socket, uh-oh
sign

if the growth is super slow, nute uptake is stalled (plant won't dry out), stacking looks different, uh-oh
sign

4-5weeks into flower and you're not getting the start of the show - the frost the smell the trichs, and it smells like fresh cut lawn, uh-oh
sign

its cycles itself it seems... sometimes you'll see it big time sometimes you'll maybe see a branch or two sometimes you won't see it....

abstain from desiring thy neighbors flowers
lust will bite you in the ass
if it bites, you get bit.... you're best and only bet is to eradicate your whole garden... finish what you want but don't replicate shit don't duplicate shit... just finish it. then sterilize sterilize resterilize overkill is underrated, and start from as clean of a slate as you can create. if you are going to outsource new stock, try to keep the outsourcing to a minimum so you don't keep risking reinfection. and don't resource from the same place shit came from in the first place,,, if you have to run clones be sure you got a friend who hasn't had dudds on their shit, get some copies of whatever, and go. seeds of nondudd related plants would be good to throw down too....

if you ask me...

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I still think it all stems from someone that let a fungus gnat infestation get out of hand. The gnats damaged the roots - and left them vulnerable to infections..

From there, I think what developed is a systemic fusarium wilt infection...because it is systemic, it was easily passed.

I still think - just as I did years ago - this is the cause of the "duds"

dank.Frank

Greyskull

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I still think it all stems from someone that let a fungus gnat infestation get out of hand. The gnats damaged the roots - and left them vulnerable to infections..

From there, I think what developed is a systemic fusarium wilt infection...because it is systemic, it was easily passed.

I still think - just as I did years ago - this is the cause of the "duds"

dank.Frank

ahhhhhhhh
systemic fusarium wilt infection

sounds about right.....
fusarium is lovely action

Bongstar420

LOL...Id rather Storm keep his mouth shut entirely. Not because he is offensive, but because he is helping losers stay in the game.

I can't say any cannabis forum has been much help to me. I get far better ideas and solutions from my general horticultural studies. In fact, I do quite a bit of things that are generations in front of forum tech no thanks to forums.

Greyskull: Even a few gnats can spread the problem. I just don't see cyclamens and dudding being a real issue without gnat or white fly spreading it around. Without flies, the mites and duds would be strongest in the area of the room where the air current puts the most downward pressure on the canopy as the mite cannot land where the air current moves up and away from the canopy. My room had completely random distribution when one part of the room should have been swimming with the other part with nothing as my air flow is fairly constant and unidirectional as mass airflow removing O2 is all I really care about.

Oh, here is afreebie...my dud/weak specimens which had cyclamens all had big nematode populations on the root. I assume my nematodes are facultative parasites as they can be seen feeding on root and compost. My system has a large amount of Pythium and Phytophera with a strong possibility for Fusarium and Verticillum. These nematode look like Pot Worm to the naked eye and were the result of media sitting outside on sandy river bank soil. Duds were worse in high humidity and too much wet feet.

I bet if I start with fresh media, my duds would dissipate faster

like last year.

Lol ooooooooooo we got 3500 posts that don't make you anything but talkative.
You talk down to people like you know all but share no info nothing useful

Last edited:

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
LOL...Id rather Storm keep his mouth shut entirely. Not because he is offensive, but because he is helping losers stay in the game.

I can't say any cannabis forum has been much help to me. I get far better ideas and solutions from my general horticultural studies. In fact, I do quite a bit of things that are generations in front of forum tech no thanks to forums.

Greyskull: Even a few gnats can spread the problem. I just don't see cyclamens and dudding being a real issue without gnat or white fly spreading it around. Without flies, the mites and duds would be strongest in the area of the room where the air current puts the most downward pressure on the canopy as the mite cannot land where the air current moves up and away from the canopy. My room had completely random distribution when one part of the room should have been swimming with the other part with nothing as my air flow is fairly constant and unidirectional as mass airflow removing O2 is all I really care about.

Oh, here is afreebie...my dud/weak specimens which had cyclamens all had big nematode populations on the root. I assume my nematodes are facultative parasites as they can be seen feeding on root and compost. My system has a large amount of Pythium and Phytophera with a strong possibility for Fusarium and Verticillum. These nematode look like Pot Worm to the naked eye and were the result of media sitting outside on sandy river bank soil. Duds were worse in high humidity and too much wet feet.

I bet if I start with fresh media, my duds would dissipate faster

like last year.

"My system has a large amount of Pythium and Phytophera with a strong possibility for Fusarium and Verticillum. "

Sounds like you need to take some advice from the forum and fix that system. Wow

Bongstar420

The first report was before I had any disease problems..the second report (2) is after.

You got something to beat me from your superior system?

If you didn't get my hidden point, it is that I produce fire under conditions that ruin your life.

I have only sprayed Avid 4 times in my life. Otherwise, its always been pyrethrin, neem, and boosters. Never used Eagle 20 or even thought of it in passing and I live in PM borg central.

I tell people not to grow like me because they would very likely experience complete failure. My advice extends to you.

But you are welcome to meet me on the shelf for a price war.

Also, its worth noting, I tend to have lot of resistance genes in my stock as a consequence of breeding in diseased systems.

...plus there is not a thing I don't do consciously as I am fully aware of every thing I do which exposes my self to risk.

Would it be better if I were accidentally increasing disease risk- me thinks not.

If you like, I can show you how to read a terpene analysis and deduce if there was an active pest infestation..there are specific terpenes which show up under pest pressure and my lab shows the two most well known ones. You can see the grow with RA and the grow with undetectable RA...my potency was only diminished by 10% with fairly heavy RA. The RA I had were very very mobile and camouflaged in addition to being active hiders (they hide behind things when you move to look at them).

btw. That 27.0% Bright Moments grow was in the presence of BM and a trace of RA in addition to the probable fungi in the system.

Finally, the only fix is to start from scratch and do a super clean with bleach and ozone. If I am harvesting fire and I am sprayin the same as any other, why do I "need" to fix anything?

I consider Pythium and Phytophtora to be ubiquitous...when you drive around seeing dead Arborvitae, its Phytophora most of the time. Cannabis easily tolerates both of these pathogens under the care of a skilled grower.

"My system has a large amount of Pythium and Phytophera with a strong possibility for Fusarium and Verticillum. "

Sounds like you need to take some advice from the forum and fix that system. Wow

Attachments

• Bright Moments #4.pdf
    300.3 KB · Views: 33
  • Bright Moments #4 (2).pdf
    104.6 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

kakaman

I always wondered why the Mexican gov did not produce a massive amount of hemp pollen with low THC and fly over narcotic cannabis field with it so the next gen of seed would be low THC junk and f up multiple generations.

S

strandloper

I always wondered why the Mexican gov did not produce a massive amount of hemp pollen with low THC and fly over narcotic cannabis field with it so the next gen of seed would be low THC junk and f up multiple generations.

they spray so they can give a lucrative government contract to a chemical company

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
The first report was before I had any disease problems..the second report (2) is after.

You got something to beat me from your superior system?

If you didn't get my hidden point, it is that I produce fire under conditions that ruin your life.

I have only sprayed Avid 4 times in my life. Otherwise, its always been pyrethrin, neem, and boosters. Never used Eagle 20 or even thought of it in passing and I live in PM borg central.

I tell people not to grow like me because they would very likely experience complete failure. My advice extends to you.

But you are welcome to meet me on the shelf for a price war.

Also, its worth noting, I tend to have lot of resistance genes in my stock as a consequence of breeding in diseased systems.

...plus there is not a thing I don't do consciously as I am fully aware of every thing I do which exposes my self to risk.

Would it be better if I were accidentally increasing disease risk- me thinks not.

If you like, I can show you how to read a terpene analysis and deduce if there was an active pest infestation..there are specific terpenes which show up under pest pressure and my lab shows the two most well known ones. You can see the grow with RA and the grow with undetectable RA...my potency was only diminished by 10% with fairly heavy RA. The RA I had were very very mobile and camouflaged in addition to being active hiders (they hide behind things when you move to look at them).

btw. That 27.0% Bright Moments grow was in the presence of BM and a trace of RA in addition to the probable fungi in the system.

Finally, the only fix is to start from scratch and do a super clean with bleach and ozone. If I am harvesting fire and I am sprayin the same as any other, why do I "need" to fix anything?

I consider Pythium and Phytophtora to be ubiquitous...when you drive around seeing dead Arborvitae, its Phytophora most of the time. Cannabis easily tolerates both of these pathogens under the care of a skilled grower.

Sure, I can top that. My system is as clean as humanly possible. It just takes some time and effort. I have never had any of the problems you state, and I will continue diligently as to never encounter any of those issues. Growing, in a nursery, greenhouse, indoors, it does not matter, cleanliness is key.

As far as top shelf, here you go friend...
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php