What's new

Dud Identification Collective Knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What is a good aspirin dose? Does it affect ph? How is it applied?

1 325mg tablet per 1 gallon of water.

I crush it and dissolve in a cup of hot water - then add that back into the gallon of water.

2 drops of Dr. Bronners Lavender soap..

And then apply as a foliar...

dank.Frank

RetroGrow

Veteran
1 325mg tablet per 1 gallon of water.

I crush it and dissolve in a cup of hot water - then add that back into the gallon of water.

2 drops of Dr. Bronners Lavender soap..

And then apply as a foliar...

dank.Frank

Works really well as a drench, also, so I keep it in my rez. Also a growth stimulant.

Mikenite69

Veteran
I am another person that has been using Bayer as a plant immune booster and can say without a doubt it helps the plants. You drop a asprin In a gallon pump sprayer and use as a soil drench a day or two later your plants will be reaching for the sky.

When I give them the asprin I like to mix it with silica and water plants with it.

RetroGrow

Veteran
I am another person that has been using Bayer as a plant immune booster and can say without a doubt it helps the plants. You drop a asprin In a gallon pump sprayer and use as a soil drench a day or two later your plants will be reaching for the sky.

When I give them the asprin I like to mix it with silica and water plants with it.

Yup. I first found out about it when my seedlings would start to wilt and die @ the two week mark from broad mites. At the time,i didn't know it was broad mites, but it kept happening right at the two week mark. My girlfriend at the time told me to give them some aspirin. Aspirin? I had nothing to lose, so tried it. Seedlings were praying just 12 hours after the drench, and plants went right through flower, with continual drenchings, none the worse for wear, and finished fine, despite the mites.

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
If i wanted to add it to my 70 gallon res id be needing a lot huh?......

A lot, but generic is a couple of bucks. Pure salycilic is better, but do not know cost. Aspirin is acetyl salicylic.

RetroGrow

Veteran
If i wanted to add it to my 70 gallon res id be needing a lot huh?......

70 tablets. It's cheap in bulk online. You could probably get away with half that amount as a preventative.
Acetylsalicylic acid + H2O=salicylic acid.
Much cheaper than salicylic acid, which is also available.
Or you can use willow water, which costs nothing, but you need a willow tree and have to do the work.
500 tablets of 325 Mg. @ Walgreens: $3.64
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Equate-Aspirin-Tablets-325-Mg-Pain-Reliever-Fever-Reducer-500-Ct/10325057

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
And i just smash it up and put it in hot water, then into my res. It boosts immunity eh. Hmmmm. Maybe ill give it a try. Does it cause ph changes?

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
And i just smash it up and put it in hot water, then into my res. It boosts immunity eh. Hmmmm. Maybe ill give it a try. Does it cause ph changes?

It is acid, so may lower, but do not know how much.

Nes

Do you think that asprine helps the immune system of the plants, or strengthens the roots and subsequently the rest of the plant.
the reason I ask - In people, asprin is not used to support to imune system, but instead as an anti-inflamatory, and it was originally derived from willow bark. Willow bark, being high in rooting hormones, is often used as a rooting agent and root stilmulator... seems light that may be responsible for the effect folks are reporting from asprin.

Mikenite69

Veteran
I don't know exactly what asprin does but I can say for sure the plants really respond to it positively.

Anytime I notice my plants are a little stressed I break out a single Bayer drop it in to a gallon of water sometimes I'll add silica sometimes not ill water them and within 48 hours they are happy again. So wether it helps there roots or immune systems I don't know but I would guess by there reaction it boost there immune systems.

I started doing it as more of a expirement because when I was a young kid I always remembered my mother dropping a asprin in a vase of flowers to make them last longer so I tried it one day and was amazed at how well plants responded to it.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This thread isn't any place for an open discussion on this issue.

Seriously? People have been suggesting aspirin for dud prevention.... I dont have duds anymore, so i was considering its usage. Dude, you gotta get over yourself and either be helpful or stay out of it. You haven't even had a dud. You were calling n toxicity with no clawing in some shots. Im over your advice and input at this point. Im baffled you care about less than a page of aspirin discussion that pertains to an issue that you have no hands on knowledge of. Thanks for trying to do a mods job but they wouldn't/shouldn't delete that discussion bc it is congruent with the topic of dudding and its prevention. I dont need a 3000words response to this either. Thanks for nothing.

RetroGrow

Veteran
I don't know exactly what asprin does but I can say for sure the plants really respond to it positively.

Anytime I notice my plants are a little stressed I break out a single Bayer drop it in to a gallon of water sometimes I'll add silica sometimes not ill water them and within 48 hours they are happy again. So wether it helps there roots or immune systems I don't know but I would guess by there reaction it boost there immune systems.

I started doing it as more of a expirement because when I was a young kid I always remembered my mother dropping a asprin in a vase of flowers to make them last longer so I tried it one day and was amazed at how well plants responded to it.

One more time:

"Salicylic acid (from Latin salix, willow tree, from the bark of which the substance used to be obtained) is a monohydroxybenzoic acid, a type of phenolic acid and a beta hydroxy acid. This colorless crystalline organic acid is widely used in organic synthesis and functions as a plant hormone. It is derived from the metabolism of salicin. In addition to being an important active metabolite of aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid), which acts in part as a prodrug to salicylic acid, it is probably best known for its use as a key ingredient in topical anti-acne products. The salts and esters of salicylic acid are known as salicylates.

Plant hormone:
Salicylic acid (SA) is a phenolic phytohormone and is found in plants with roles in plant growth and development, photosynthesis, transpiration, ion uptake and transport. SA also induces specific changes in leaf anatomy and chloroplast structure. SA is involved in endogenous signaling, mediating in plant defense against pathogens. It plays a role in the resistance to pathogens by inducing the production of pathogenesis-related proteins. It is involved in the systemic acquired resistance (SAR) in which a pathogenic attack on one part of the plant induces resistance in other parts. The signal can also move to nearby plants by salicylic acid being converted to the volatile ester, methyl salicylate."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salicylic_acid

jayt

RetroGrow Do you use aspirin in your rez all the way from veg to end of flower? I've seen some info that it may reduce trich production but that maybe from foliar applications.

RetroGrow

Veteran
Yes. I don't do foliar. It's a growth hormone. You don't have to go 'till end of flower if you don't want to, as you are not going to get a pathogen in the last week or two unless you have mites in the room. I use it all the way, at least until flush.

papaduc

Veteran
Seriously? People have been suggesting aspirin for dud prevention.... I dont have duds anymore, so i was considering its usage. Dude, you gotta get over yourself and either be helpful or stay out of it. You haven't even had a dud. You were calling n toxicity with no clawing in some shots. Im over your advice and input at this point. Im baffled you care about less than a page of aspirin discussion that pertains to an issue that you have no hands on knowledge of. Thanks for trying to do a mods job but they wouldn't/shouldn't delete that discussion bc it is congruent with the topic of dudding and its prevention. I dont need a 3000words response to this either. Thanks for nothing.

I deleted my original post because, after mofeta's response, I just thought fuck it, I'm wasting my time giving my perspective just to get into a shit slinging fest. I thought people would have gathered that from what I said in the next one. So you're right to be baffled as to why I'd even care about you having a discussion about aspirin, because I don't.

If using aspirin is a good thing then use it. If it's a possible preventative then you should be using it anyway.

With regard to the N tox thing, if you want to get up specific pictures and link them to anything I said then please, go for it. I'd be more than happy to discuss any of them with you. In less than 3000 words.

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
jesus fucking christ. everyone chill the fuck out on each other its just fucking weed.
lets see.
papaduc. i dont think your hypthosis is absurd or even wrong necessarilly but.........if i did, i dont think it would be comparable to me arguing with my doctors about the state of my health. that said i can see the logic its just that one little nagging itsy bitsy teensy weensy part where it popped up on a timeline and increased from there in multiple gardens. i dont think you are an idiot or a troll for taking a stab at this and the truth may lie somewhere inside your theory. it may be not related to a microorganism but i dont see how following it from an epedemiology standpoint.

why is it new?
why is it more and more common as time goes on.
how does it spread to other peoples strains.
it pops up in gardens where its never been seen then poof it starts showing up regularly.
seems to me something thats spreading and something relatively new at that, i dont have any fucking clue though. i also dont mind "wrong answers" i believe they are right answers if you view any hypothesis as a yes or no question rather than a fact. dont be mad when your idea gets picked apart for its faults, that actually is how science works. its called peer review. its how incorrect ideas get dissected to show where they are flawed so movement forward is more progressive. shooting down your idea isnt antithetical to the scientific process my friend,it is the scientific process. get your ego out of the way and embrace it build on it or defend it without emotion, its not about you its about a scientific querry. its all good. i thought for sure it was phytoplasma. im not butthurt to find out its not, quite the contrary im fascinated. im proud to have helped deduce that i was incorrect,i got to announce the finding that its not phytoplasma, even though that is an announcement that iwas off base in my prediction. i ran a test guessed what the results would be and produced an answer. a right answer. a different right answer than i thought id find. by finding an answer im right either way. find us a right answer. whether its the one you expect is irrelevant. its still progress. test your theory. and account for the timeline or honor my critique by saying why you think its incorrect. no insults from me bro im glad to hear the discussion continue. lets all quit buickering. its just dry cold facts that are the same regardless how we feel about them. lets explore. together respectfully. again sorry for jumping down your throat the other day

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
as far as people dropping in to tell us how pointless or dumb this discussion. its inconsequential unless they are dropping theories or critiques while they are at it. i dont even really notice it unless they are dropping science with their insults . unless of course it funny. i dont mind people talking shit to me if they are at the very least funny. so if we are going to make fun of each other lets at least make the digs funny.

new rule no shitty comments unless you can make someone at least emit a mild chuckle.
if you cant say something nice say something funny. or drop some scientific theory to blast someone with.

Status
Not open for further replies.