What's new

Dud Identification Collective Knowledge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
Swimming through molasses. Almost all indications still point to BM's.

Getting rid of them is seemingly impossible without a new room. I have learned how to manage them.

For Me, the proof is Harvesting a supremely juicy ID crop of Triple Deez. The presence of the BMs is obvious even now. Some of the inner lower branches are obviously a bit duddded. Could be from previous damage, but it appears not. The crispy leaves at the tips, lack of development of the inner buds.

Since I cannot spray in Flower, this is the best I can do. Each succeeding generation is better than the previous one, due to diligence in the veg room.
Next Run's plants quite ready now, 7th week of veg, I see very little or no damage on the 3d's but a bit on the new Ultimix Moms.. I may toss these, as the seed mom was Foxtail-central in flower - and I really like what the 3D has done for My Grow Scene. If I had it in CA, I would never have left.

So I persist.

For a while, I and two close "others" around Here were just disgusted. And we considered packing it in. But you don't beat us Michiganders easily. We are a persistent lot.

whatthe215

Veteran
I haven't tried any essential oils, no. Actinovate, Mycostop and Regalia did nothing. (other plants loved these and roots just go HAM) I have Essentria IC3 (essential oils) and haven't tried it yet but I have zero hope for undudding this GG4... so chopchop.

Then I tried a hardcore fungicide, Agri-Fos, 45% mono and di-potassium salts of phosphoric acid.... nothing.

Asprin did nothing either... not to say asprin is ineffective but this plant is too far gone.

It was a good learning experience though, I'm glad I had the issue.

My dud pathogen is contagious. I've lost a lot of strains. Even my stupid hardy Blue Dream has succumbed to the dudding. Fuck it, popping beans. Good people came through and hooked me up with trays of clean WiFi#3 and forum cut to keep my rooms going.

The best thing you can do is kill anything showing symptoms, only take perfect cuts from perfect moms, sterilize clones and keep a bug free environment. Trying to save infected mothers isn't worth it. Pop beans and move on.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Swimming through molasses. Almost all indications still point to BM's.

Getting rid of them is seemingly impossible without a new room. I have learned how to manage them.

For Me, the proof is Harvesting a supremely juicy ID crop of Triple Deez. The presence of the BMs is obvious even now. Some of the inner lower branches are obviously a bit duddded. Could be from previous damage, but it appears not. The crispy leaves at the tips, lack of development of the inner buds.

Since I cannot spray in Flower, this is the best I can do. Each succeeding generation is better than the previous one, due to diligence in the veg room.
Next Run's plants quite ready now, 7th week of veg, I see very little or no damage on the 3d's but a bit on the new Ultimix Moms.. I may toss these, as the seed mom was Foxtail-central in flower - and I really like what the 3D has done for My Grow Scene. If I had it in CA, I would never have left.

So I persist.

For a while, I and two close "others" around Here were just disgusted. And we considered packing it in. But you don't beat us Michiganders easily. We are a persistent lot.

so what do you do in the veg phase that is slowly making it yield a better crop, run by run?

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
Would someone mind putting up a full list of the symptoms of a dud cut of the GG4?
there is a a few posts at the beginning of this thread describing it. there are several threads with dud in the title. id read up on those if you are interested. read the thread from the beginning. if you are experiencing this it is worth it.

cyat

Veteran
I haven't tried any essential oils, no. Actinovate, Mycostop and Regalia did nothing. (other plants loved these and roots just go HAM) I have Essentria IC3 (essential oils) and haven't tried it yet but I have zero hope for undudding this GG4... so chopchop.

Then I tried a hardcore fungicide, Agri-Fos, 45% mono and di-potassium salts of phosphoric acid.... nothing.

Asprin did nothing either... not to say asprin is ineffective but this plant is too far gone.

It was a good learning experience though, I'm glad I had the issue.

My dud pathogen is contagious. I've lost a lot of strains. Even my stupid hardy Blue Dream has succumbed to the dudding. Fuck it, popping beans. Good people came through and hooked me up with trays of clean WiFi#3 and forum cut to keep my rooms going.

The best thing you can do is kill anything showing symptoms, only take perfect cuts from perfect moms, sterilize clones and keep a bug free environment. Trying to save infected mothers isn't worth it. Pop beans and move on.

Nuke em at 1 oz a gal and triple action neem at 2 tsp a gal , about every day... Its workin for me and healing em too

Greyskull

Twice as clear as heaven and twice as loud as reas
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nuke em at 1 oz a gal and triple action neem at 2 tsp a gal , about every day... Its workin for me and healing em too

are you mixing both products into the sprayer together, or separately?

jayt

there is a a few posts at the beginning of this thread describing it. there are several threads with dud in the title. id read up on those if you are interested. read the thread from the beginning. if you are experiencing this it is worth it.
I've read the entire thread. And the other GG4 thread where it came up. Just seems to be different symptoms from different people. Small leaves, small petals, tighter than normal nodes, weak branches that snap, difficulty cloning, leaves that don't spread out completely maybe others I'm forgetting. I was hoping someone who has a known dud would just kind of confirm. I have a GG4 that doesn't match other cuts from the same source. As far as I know in MI all the cuts originate from one source. But mine doesn't seem to have any of the listed symptoms. So I decided I didn't care about the cut and culled it. It was still isolated from the rest of my plants so I'm not worried but would still like to know more.

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
I've read the entire thread. And the other GG4 thread where it came up. Just seems to be different symptoms from different people. Small leaves, small petals, tighter than normal nodes, weak branches that snap, difficulty cloning, leaves that don't spread out completely maybe others I'm forgetting. I was hoping someone who has a known dud would just kind of confirm. I have a GG4 that doesn't match other cuts from the same source. As far as I know in MI all the cuts originate from one source. But mine doesn't seem to have any of the listed symptoms. So I decided I didn't care about the cut and culled it. It was still isolated from the rest of my plants so I'm not worried but would still like to know more.

there is a thread by stoney k if you look up his la cup gg4 thread there is a real good rundown as the progression is documented.

stasis

Veteran
Same treatments, I just seem to get less and less BM's and their attendant damage, every generation. IF I am on it. They really came on fast a few months ago, brought to the growroom from the Hydro Shop I was working at, on my shoes or clothes. Watch out for Seedlings. BM's go to town on those...!

Every 9-10 days a spray of alternating effective miticides. I hate spraying the poisons though. F'in nasty stuff.
I also never enter the rooms unless showered and devoid of most clothing. Same regimen as with Spider Mite Prevention in that way. Different Chems necessary tho.

RetroGrow

Veteran
Same treatments, I just seem to get less and less BM's and their attendant damage, every generation. IF I am on it. They really came on fast a few months ago, brought to the growroom from the Hydro Shop I was working at, on my shoes or clothes. Watch out for Seedlings. BM's go to town on those...!

Every 9-10 days a spray of alternating effective miticides. I hate spraying the poisons though. F'in nasty stuff.
I also never enter the rooms unless showered and devoid of most clothing. Same regimen as with Spider Mite Prevention in that way. Different Chems necessary tho.

Try heat treatments. That's one way to get them out of your room. You can keep spraying plants, but BMs in the room/house will keep coming back. Whole room needs heat treatment. I would heat treat the plants in veg, and also remove plants from room for a room treatment, with high heat for a couple of hours. They will not survive that. Once you get heat treatments dialed in, they are simple, and can be repeated every week or so to get any mites that continue to enter the room. Pylon bombs work also. I gave up on spraying miticides after getting better results with heat, without adding/dealing with toxins.

cyat

Veteran
are you mixing both products into the sprayer together, or separately?

I spray em separate..
recovered 4 lights worth of plants that were looking horrible 2 weeks in.. The whole crop came out dank!

Gnats are gone too!

Just dont use nukem according to the label it will fry your plants

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Did not have time to read 48 pages, but found this, which may be helpful -

www.oardc.ohio-state.edu/floriculture/images/10-10_Mites.pdf

Can seeds be carriers of broad mites? If so, would soaking in 110 degree F, water kill them without hurting seeds?

What power microscope is needed to see them?? A USB chineese made, or an electron?

Last edited:

redlaser

Veteran
cyat are you referring to the Essantra at 1 oz. per gallon?
edit, it seems you meant nukem the product when you said nukem, have to look that one up

Last edited:

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
cyat are you referring to the Essantra at 1 oz. per gallon? edit, it seems you meant nukem the product when you said nukem, have to look that one up

Flyingskull.net, nuke em product. Spent last hour figuring it out.

Have e-bay links to both products, if needed.

LA Cup Cut DUD mother and nugs

LA Cup Cut DUD mother and nugs

Here is an outdoor mother DUD glue and her horseshit buds she produces Glue buds have zero smell and zero taste and zero high. Lol

Last edited:

stasis

Veteran
Oldnewfarmer / I'd bet You a joint You're also experiencing a visit from our Borg Enemies....

Yes, Retro - Thanks - Heat treatments did help. As You know, it is a challenge to hold any space at 110. Especially in this comparatively rudimentary setup I presently am working with. But, that is what I did one time. Probably would be a lot easier to do now in summer Midwest. Duh.. :~)

Was only using 3 aspirins to 5 gallons for months now - so 3/5 aspirin/gallon. Upped it to 4/5 from now on.

Having said all that - I tossed (the only) 3 highly developed veg plants of the Ultimix #1 phenotype tonight. I did not like the internodal spacing anyways, but they were simply not gonna give up the mites.

They Had em before as seedlings, and getting ALL of em seems impossible, when they were seedlings. Tarsonemids love new growth. I guess #1 never outgrew them, and I can't wait for them. Too much at stake. A batch of real nice 8th week of veg 3d's.

So acting proactively, out they go. I have one second generation clone of the second phenotype, 8th week of veg too - which although a slow grower, has reasonable structure, and less problems with the "twisted-leaf" manifestation of BM occupation than it's sister, #1. All gone.

RetroGrow

Veteran
Oldnewfarmer / I'd bet You a joint You're also experiencing a visit from our Borg Enemies....

Yes, Retro - Thanks - Heat treatments did help. As You know, it is a challenge to hold any space at 110. Especially in this comparatively rudimentary setup I presently am working with. But, that is what I did one time. Probably would be a lot easier to do now in summer Midwest. Duh.. :~)

Was only using 3 aspirins to 5 gallons for months now - so 3/5 aspirin/gallon. Upped it to 4/5 from now on.

Having said all that - I tossed (the only) 3 highly developed veg plants of the Ultimix #1 phenotype tonight. I did not like the internodal spacing anyways, but they were simply not gonna give up the mites.

They Had em before as seedlings, and getting ALL of em seems impossible, when they were seedlings. Tarsonemids love new growth. I guess #1 never outgrew them, and I can't wait for them. Too much at stake. A batch of real nice 8th week of veg 3d's.

So acting proactively, out they go. I have one second generation clone of the second phenotype, 8th week of veg too - which although a slow grower, has reasonable structure, and less problems with the "twisted-leaf" manifestation of BM occupation than it's sister, #1. All gone.

110 is not enough. You need 120 Degrees F.

Status
Not open for further replies.