What's new

Ducks enjoy pot leaf?

G

Was thinkning about getting ducks versus chickens for a backyard set-up. I would like pot leaf to be a major part of their diet, but don't know if a duck would take to fresh pot leaf the same way a chicken would. I wonder if raising them from hachlings would make any diffeence. Anyone with any wisdom or experience?
OC

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think ducks would eat most anythig. The dangerous parts....plastic from can containers, the old flip tabs on cans, etc.

Try it and see.

indalo

Why not kill two birds with one stone ? ( pun intended ) . Get yourself some geese , and you will have ' guard birds ', worse than Rottweilers lol

dickcorn

Have you considered breeds? Some are ridiculously noisy but say muscovys are much more quiet. Some don't free range as well either so might be less likely to eat leaves. No way I get geese again they're mean haha

G

Geese overtake Anchorage this time of year. Shit EVERYWHERE. I'm working on a non-breeding rat with a 2 month half-life. Gonna fix this problem

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
geese shit everywhere and can get mean..they do make good guard pets tho...me I wring their necks when they fuck with me and cook their sorry asses...yeehaw..Canadian geese are the worst..my friend back east raises ducks and sells them live to the Chinese in Chinatown..they wont buy them dead already..cash money$$$$$ no taxes

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
How is the varmint population where you live? I have seen deer, coyotes, foxes, and raccoons here in the middle of a Denver suburb. I too was going to raise some ducks but there are too many varmints here. I wish they would eat the Canada Geese as they shit everywhere (even on my old truck).

Latest posts

Latest posts